Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022/2023 NFL Season - Playoffs Thread

Re: 2022/2023 NFL Season - Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Tony Romo has been awful from the get go."Jeeeeeeeem, I don't know Jeeeeeem, watch the shot clock Jeeeeeem". Good lord just shut up.
    Sorry, but he's the most respected commentator by other NFL analysts. They intentionally try to watch whatever game Romo gets assigned to because it's the most educational for them and the most entertaining for them.

Romo knows more about the current players and teams in the NFL just in his little pinkie than anyone who has ever graced their eyes across this website. To not appreciate Tony Romo and the work that he puts into his broadcasting craft is basically admitting that you never want to ever learn anything about things you have no knowledge about.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 01-24-2023 at 01:14 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

texasdave (01-24-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

The Chiefs are the underdog because the Bengals completely dismantled from start to finish the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo, making the Bills all-time home record in the playoffs now 13-2 instead of 13-1.

This proved that the Bengals are right now, the best team in the NFL. It's not close.

Chiefs have looked pedestrian for over a month.

Bengals are 3-0 over the Chiefs in the last 13 months.

Bengals have won 19 of their last 20 games where they led after the 1st Quarter, and the Bengals have been scoring more frequently in the 1st Quarter, I believe something like 37-0 over their opponents in their last five games.

The only concern the Bengals had going into the Bills' game was the Offensive Line, otherwise they would have been favored in that game. There's no longer a concern with the Offensive Line.

The Chiefs are the underdogs, as they should be.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 01-24-2023 at 01:08 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Adrenaline and Torodol.
    Just win baby

6. Likes:

Chip R (01-24-2023),Kingspoint (01-24-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    The only person still mystified by Romo is you KP...

He was awful in the Bills Bengals game...

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/tony-...g-fan-reaction
    I mean... Romo compared Burrow to Peyton Manning multiple times in the Bills game.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Sorry, but he's the most respected commentator by other NFL analysts. They intentionally try to watch whatever game Romo gets assigned to because it's the most educational for them and the most entertaining for them.

Romo knows more about the current players and teams in the NFL just in his little pinkie than anyone who has ever graced their eyes across this website. To not appreciate Tony Romo and the work that he puts into his broadcasting craft is basically admitting that you never want to ever learn anything about things you have no knowledge about.
    Dawg, Romo has left the analytical football brain genius schtick behind for multiple years at this point. Like none of this is true anymore, and the other commentators have reportedly started resenting him.

https://awfulannouncing.com/cbs/tony...s-bengals.html

https://readoptional.substack.com/p/...casts-so-stale

Romo’s regular season performance has been on the wane. One individual who has worked with Romo to help him prepare for games told The Read Optional that the former QB once turned up to a marquee regular season game with no knowledge of one of the team’s defenses. Thirty minutes before the game, Romo asked for a quick cheat sheet/scouting report on the team’s starters. As soon as the game kicked off, he info dumped what he had cribbed to an unsuspecting viewership. The pretense of homework out of the way, he could kick back and just be good ‘ol Tony. I can’t believe it, Jim!

For those who track schemes and X’s & O’s, it’s become abundantly clear how much Romo is guessing/making up concepts that teams are running, knowing full well that Jim Nantz, his broadcast partner, is not equipped to pull him up on the issue. The fumbling of sentences, lack of polish and enthusiasm was what initially endeared viewers to Romo. He’s just like me and my buddy watching games. But underpinning it all was real insight and analysis, the kind that hadn’t been seen on live game broadcasts since John Madden. Yet, even early last season, it was clear that he was on cruise control. That the concepts he was talking about for particular teams were already outdated.“It's just frustrating how little he cares for the job,” a source told The Read

Optional. “It's just not serious, at all, to him. And he treats it accordingly”.

Romo, it seems, is aware that he knows so much more about football than those around him that he can bull**** his way through a game without anyone noticing - the audience included.

Romo still brings his A-plus-plus game in the postseason. And that matters. He can still reach heights that others cannot when he is fully engaged - amplifying a broadcast into something pretty special rather than being a presence that’s in the way of the game. That matters, too. But his early role as a pioneering voice has fallen away.

He’s now just another voice - albeit an excitable one - among a ton of slop.
    Last edited by Wonderful Monds; 01-25-2023 at 01:33 AM.

9. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (01-24-2023),moewan (01-25-2023),RiverRat13 (01-24-2023)

""It's just not serious, at all, to him. And he treats it accordingly""

Given that it's sports, this is actually perfect.

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-24-2023)

I don’t mind Romo. Announcers can kind of ebb and flow. I thought Buck used to be pretty terrible and he’s been excellent for a while now and is probably the best NFL announcer.

I do get annoyed when announcers won’t call out refs and Romo is really bad at that. Herbstreit and Al Michaels are the best at just saying yeah that was a bad call they messed that up. Romo is a little too chummy with Gene Steratore though.

13. Likes:

RichRed (01-25-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Romo’s biggest weakness is he just always has to be talking. His analysis is usually pretty good, but he has no idea how to let the moment breathe a little bit.

He always reminds me of the over excited fan getting his first chance to call a game.
    Sean Casey, who should never be allowed behind a mic ever!

I don't need Romo trying to explain every jot and tittle of what's going on. I'm watching the same game he is! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

15. Likes:

Chip R (01-24-2023),The Operator (01-25-2023)

Romo’s biggest weakness is he just always has to be talking. His analysis is usually pretty good, but he has no idea how to let the moment breathe a little bit.

He always reminds me of the over excited fan getting his first chance to call a game. I think it was during the Buffalo-Miami game, maybe, where toward the end when Miami had a chance to go ahead he just would not stop talking and saying things like “Ahhhhh, man… this is wild! But Buffalo’s season can’t end like this… can it? CAN IT?!?! Ahhhh…”

If he’d dial the caffeine down a bit he’d be fine. Because his analysis is usually very good in between the hyper kid bouncing off the walls moments
    He's getting better at that. He's aware of it. He made a huge jump in that area from his 1st season to his 2nd.

My god… the 49ers are now on QB #4.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

My god… the 49ers are now on QB #4.
    Crazy. Hopefully, Brock comes back soon.

What a horrendous start for the 9ers, but they’re only down 7 with the ball. They’re still in it.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

McCaffrey keeping them in it. Wow.

Absolute disaster sequence for San Fran.

Eagles score, Niners fumble the ball immediately after their first first down of the ensuing series. Philly scores again heading to halftime.

Penalties absolutely killing the Niners defense.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Someone needs to block Reddick in 2 weeks.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Someone needs to block Reddick in 2 weeks.
    Yea, he’s absolutely wrecking the game for SF.

Turn Off Ads?