Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Triples or VR?

Triples or VR?

Anyone wanna guess what I've been spending my time watching of late?

I've been building a gaming pc for almost a year, using the allowance I get out from my bi-weekly budget. Hubby is really into Star Wars, puzzles, 3D puzzles (he built a pirate ship and loved it), Star Trek and anime. I'm really into video gaming, once upon a time I was really into painting but eventually realized that buying MORE PAINTS is not a good motivator to paint, and that someone who has a passion for it will make great art with even the lowest tier of products.
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

2. Likes:

757690 (01-15-2023),Revering4Blue (03-09-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Triples or VR?

I am not smart enough to know what the title refers to, but it sounds like an exciting new project. Congratulations! Have fun with it, and keep us updated on it’s progress.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I am not smart enough to know what the title refers to, but it sounds like an exciting new project. Congratulations! Have fun with it, and keep us updated on it’s progress.
    Sim Racing, with triple monitors or VR. When I was a child, my dream job was to be a Formula 1 driver. Used to watch it like crazy.
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

6. Likes:

757690 (01-16-2023)

I ended up getting the Quest 2 and I'm pleased with it. For the time being I'll have to wait until I have more space to set up a proper sim racing rig. My gaming table is the Respawn 2000 table, and the one thing I don't like about it is the slightly tapered (downward toward the person seated) edge. That means the G29 racing wheel won't stay attached. After awhile you end up with the whole wheel and motor in your lap. Hubby and I did run hot laps on AMS (Automobilista 2) and iRacing. I stopped my iRacing subscription because it's just too expensive and IMO the servers have been declining in attendance over the years. AMS2 and even AC (Asseto Corsa) are really becoming strong sim racing titles, and if either of those adopt a similar online racing league structure similar to that of iRacing, then that business up in Massachusetts is done for As far as the Quest 2 goes, it's a lot of fun. I enjoyed standing around others in a VR setting in Central Park on Christmas.

My playing days ended with Kings Quest I, II and III by Sierra.

It was rekindled with Sierra's Civil War Generals II, Civilization II, Railroad Tycoon and SimCity.

But, then I lost all interest in computer games (sold them and programmed them for 25 years, so playing games on them was the last thing I wanted to do, besides not having the time). There was a time when I was addicted to a couple of the CoCo games back in '88. I literally couldn't stop for hours. It was very strange. Probably helped being drunk.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?