Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals Part V: Survive and Advance

Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals Part V: Survive and Advance

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    We can't let that fat slop, Carman play anywhere on the OL. I'm shocked he still has a roster spot.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, Marvin had to settle for the likes of Andy Dalton and Vontaze Burfict and Zac has Joe Burrow. Zac deserves a lot of credit but Marvin played a ****ty hand very well.
    Marvin saddled himself with Burfict though went to ASU's pro day and talked to Burfict after he didn't get drafted...he was a bit of an enabler.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to see Taylor continue the game ball tradition at local sports bars last night...not many teams have a tradition like that. Very special for the fans and the city.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reading the post game notes:

On Hubbard's TD, the play was called for Huntley to go low he instead chose to go over the top...and the rest is history.

Interesting quotes coming from Dobbins on wanting the ball after only getting 12 carries...I have to agree as he was killing us.

Mark Andrews reached 20.72 mph trying to track Hubbard down. Wow...
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 01-16-2023 at 09:59 AM.

4. Likes:

GAC (01-17-2023)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Flowers only saw 2 snaps. Was he hurt? If not, why wasn't he on Andrews the whole game?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    We can't let that fat slop, Carman play anywhere on the OL. I'm shocked he still has a roster spot.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, Marvin had to settle for the likes of Andy Dalton and Vontaze Burfict and Zac has Joe Burrow. Zac deserves a lot of credit but Marvin played a ****ty hand very well.
    Burrow is the key difference in the last two years and the Marvin era but the Bengals built a team around Dalton to mask his weaknesses. We will never know how great the 2015 team could have been after Dalton went down but I would give anything to have that offensive line blocking for Burrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

7. Likes:

JCM11 (01-16-2023),Revering4Blue (01-18-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Flowers only saw 2 snaps. Was he hurt? If not, why wasn't he on Andrews the whole game?
    He got cooked pretty good the week before so maybe they felt Dax Hill was a better option...due to Andrews speed.

I'm already tired of Dobbins and others saying "if we had Lamar we would have won..." Hey, if we had our offensive line healthy we would have beaten you straight up with Lamar. Injuries happen in the NFL, particularly after 18 weeks. Next time, don't have Lamar running so darn much. You're asking for an injury when you play like that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    He got cooked pretty good the week before so maybe they felt Dax Hill was a better option...due to Andrews speed.
    I would have preferred any Bengal cover Andrews. I saw him uncovered in what seemed like all night

10. Likes:

GAC (01-17-2023),Revering4Blue (01-18-2023)

"So Fla Red"

The alltime series is 28-27 Ravens so this is one of the most competitive division rivalries in the NFL. Harbaugh 8-6 on the road in the playoffs. The Ravens are an excellent running team and strong in the trenches. Always a tough out in a must win game.

Kudos to Zac, Lou and the Defense for holding this together. Great win

Burrow has definitely changed the directory of the franchise. The only negative is being part of the historic group of young AFC QBs. Will be a dogfight every year in the AFC Playoffs, but the Bengals can win against anyone on any given week which is all you can ever ask as a long suffering fan.

12. Likes:

Fil3232 (01-16-2023),membengal (01-16-2023),StRedlegs900 (01-16-2023)

Marvin saddled himself with Burfict though went to ASU's pro day and talked to Burfict after he didn't get drafted...he was a bit of an enabler.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to see Taylor continue the game ball tradition at local sports bars last night...not many teams have a tradition like that. Very special for the fans and the city.
    Marvin almost had to draft low quality guys like Burfict and Henry. Lord knows we weren't spending anything in FA.

"So Fla Red"

Reading the post game notes:

On Hubbard's TD, the play was called for Huntley to go low he instead chose to go over the top...and the rest is history.

Interesting quotes coming from Dobbins on wanting the ball after only getting 12 carries...I have to agree as he was killing us.

Mark Andrews reached 20.72 mph trying to track Hubbard down. Wow...
    Will go down as one of the great plays in Cincinnati sports history. We'll see that highlight for the next 20 years. Incredible

15. Likes:

membengal (01-16-2023)

I don't even know how I feel about next week with last year's OL at the helm. At least we'll have a week to prepare for it. But Joe will have his hands full.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm already tired of Dobbins and others saying "if we had Lamar we would have won..." Hey, if we had our offensive line healthy we would have beaten you straight up with Lamar. Injuries happen in the NFL, particularly after 18 weeks. Next time, don't have Lamar running so darn much. You're asking for an injury when you play like that

- - - Updated - - -

I would have preferred any Bengal cover Andrews. I saw him uncovered in what seemed like all night
    Are Ravens players seriously saying they would have won with Lamar? Even if that was true, that’s still a ridiculously crappy thing to say considering your backup QB had one hell of a game.

I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised with a team coached by a Harbaugh, but wow. Terrible disrespect for a teammate.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

18. Likes:

Chip R (01-17-2023),wally post (01-16-2023)

Next Gen stats said the closest the ball got to the goalline on Huntley's sneak was 0.6 yards away...unreal.

Dobbins took another shot at Huntley by saying “If we had Lamar, we would have won, too.”
    https://sports.yahoo.com/ravens-j-k-...20knee%20issue.

Absolutely disgraceful, but hey, I’m happy to let The Ravens deal with all of those ego issues. May it carry over into next season as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

22. Likes:

Fil3232 (01-16-2023),Sea Ray (01-16-2023),Stray (01-16-2023)

If they had Lamar, there’s no guarantee they would have won.

Lamar has a history of choking when it matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?