Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals Part V: Survive and Advance

Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals Part V: Survive and Advance

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    While most Coaches strive for the Holy Grail (one of the 32 Head Coaching positions in the NFL), a wise man could see all the failures of those who have tried before, and the results for many have been death (career-ending moves).

"Do not seek the Treasure!"

Hopefully, Lou sees the great opportunity of being a D. C. in Cincinnati for as long as Zac Taylor and Joe Burrow are Bengals. He'll get rewarded well as Coaches who work for the Browns always get treated well. The quality of Mike Zimmer's life did not improve by going to Minnesota. Lou seems like a practical man to me. I hope he turns down the offers that will surely come his direction as long as he remains a D. C. here.
    New head coaches make like $5-$10 mil and coordinators are usually high six figures. Quality of life plays in for sure, but Lou hasn't made a ton of money in his life I don't think. He was a DBs coach for a long, long time at lower levels of football.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    They were motivated when it was 0-2.

Once is a fluke.

Twice is a coincidence.

Three times is a trend.

It's in their heads now.
    It's weird being on this side of things, but I think this is right. The way some of them are reacting to "Burrowhead" feels like the Bengals are majorly in their head.

The Chiefs are going to be tight to start. They'll loosen up if they start fast, but if the Bengals jump out first I think they'll tighten further and start pressing.

Anyone else remember Mahomes slamming his helmet down on the sideline at the end of the last game?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Once you’ve gained a reputation as a great coordinator those jobs will always come available.

Lou should cash in and accept any HC job that might come his way. Can always go back to DC if it fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    Once you’ve gained a reputation as a great coordinator those jobs will always come available.

Lou should cash in and accept any HC job that might come his way. Can always go back to DC if it fails.

Except Lou is an older defensive coordinator when the league is trending toward young offensive minds (the McVay effect).

Lou would have to go against one of those coaches or a retread coach which is also a popular choice in coaching searches (Frank Reich). It’s not like when the Vikings poached Zimmer.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Burrow showed up to KC literally wearing a shirt that says “Sorry In Advance”.

Ready to eat some glass and run through a brick wall now.

Close up view:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

7. Likes:

Redhook (01-28-2023),Roy Tucker (01-29-2023)

Pink?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Pink?
    That’s a confident man.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-29-2023),Roy Tucker (01-29-2023),The Operator (01-29-2023)

This team is right up there with the ‘90 Reds as my favorite team of all time. If they win it all, it’ll be a tie. I feel like the Bengals are going to destroy the Chiefs tomorrow and I’m going bold with a 34-21 prediction. Who Dey!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    This team is right up there with the ‘90 Reds as my favorite team of all time. If they win it all, it’ll be a tie. I feel like the Bengals are going to destroy the Chiefs tomorrow and I’m going bold with a 34-21 prediction. Who Dey!
    I'm going to go on record before the game that I feel uncomfortable with all the love and confidence in the Bengals right now. So I'm not feeling that great about tomorrow, but I'm enjoying the hell out of this ride either way.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

13. Likes:

WrongVerb (01-29-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I'm going to go on record before the game that I feel uncomfortable with all the love and confidence in the Bengals right now. So I'm not feeling that great about tomorrow, but I'm enjoying the hell out of this ride either way.
    I hear you hummin’. For 30 years, we were programmed to expect the worst which happened nearly every time. Times have changed though!

I have always been more comfortable when they are underdogs. Makes it sweeter when they pull off the upset. I would guess a lot of Bengals fans feel the same way, not being accustomed to excellence over a long period from this club. "Bungles" was an earned nickname, but this team is beginning to look different and though it feels risky to fall in, I am starting to enjoy this matter of fact confidence and the "they gotta play us" swagger. If they go 4-0 against the Chiefs tonight, I feel like they will convince the NFL of something they have been saying since last year, the AFC runs through Cincinnati.

Yeah, that almost feels like something I should only say inside my head, lest I jinx it for them.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

16. Likes:

Redhook (01-29-2023),Reds Freak (01-29-2023)

I was that way with the ‘75 Reds. They had disappointed in the playoffs (punk Bud Harrelson) and World Series (Brooks, Tenace, Rudi). I thought we were set up for just another painful loss after a guts ripped out Game 6 loss and early Game 7 deficit. I was ready to slash my wrists.

But big time talent takes you to the bank. Morgan did then and Burrow will today. Burrow has “it” whatever it is.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Bengals inked QB coach Dan Pitcher to an extension hoping to keep him here another year. TB and Baltimore had interest.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

19. Likes:

UKFlounder (01-29-2023)

My biggest concern is that if we lose, I will not get to enjoy watching this team play championship caliber football for one more week. This team is just so much fun to watch week after week, it is hard to imagine the season ending today and saddens me knowing that it is possible just because it is a coin flip game.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

21. Likes:

Falls City Beer (01-29-2023),Playadlc (01-29-2023),Wonderful Monds (01-29-2023)

Kelce GTD...back spasms according to Fox and Glazer.

Let's be real he isn't missing this game.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?