Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Many Hall of Famers (all teams) Have you been in attendance to see play?

Re: How Many Hall of Famers (all teams) Have you been in attendance to see play?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I was at the 1971 AS Game, they had 23
    I was at the 1970 game - I think I counted 19 plus Earl Weaver. There's several more who should be (or, as in the case of Rose, would have been had he not fouled up his life).
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How Many Hall of Famers (all teams) Have you been in attendance to see play?

For you guys that can come up with a list, congrats! I’m with Roy, it would take me awhile and a lot of research. No surprise Big Klu quickly responded, and I say that with much respect.

Barry Larkin
    Ken Griffey Jr
    Chipper Jones
    Tom Glavine
    Trevor Hoffman
    Tony LaRussa-Manager
    Bobby Cox-Manager
    Not in but will be:
    Mike Trout
    Albert Pujols
    Adrian Beltre?
    Joey Votto?
    Joe Mauer?
    Freddie Freeman?
    Roids keeping him out:
    Mark McGwire
    Long way off but on the right trajectory:
    Shohei Ohtani

McGriff, Gwynn, (Got to go to '65 World Series, Game 4. Killebrew, Oliva, Drysdale. Oliva & Killebrew both homered), Nolan Ryan, Sandberg, Gary Carter, Eckersley, Kaat, Winfield, W. Boggs, R. Alomar, Yount, Molitor, Ozzie Smith, G. Brett, C.Ripken Jr., Larkin

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-17-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I was at the 1970 game - I think I counted 19 plus Earl Weaver. There's several more who should be (or, as in the case of Rose, would have been had he not fouled up his life).
    Jeez, I forgot All Star games. I’ll have to revisit my list. Trouble is, I don’t know if they all played. I saw them on the field. Does that count? AS games in those days weren’t played like they are now where everyone plays.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I'll guess about 50 over the approximately 40 games I've been to in my lifetime.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I'm only counting players who actually played in a game I attended. (So players like Tom Seaver and Phil Niekro are not on the list, because they weren't pitching that day.)

Johnny Bench
    Tony Perez
    Barry Larkin
    Ken Griffey, Jr.
    Ryne Sandberg
    Lee Smith
    Gary Carter
    Andre Dawson
    Tim Raines
    Mike Schmidt
    Tony Gwynn
    Roberto Alomar
    Jim Thome
    Harold Baines
    Rickey Henderson
    Frank Thomas
    Jeff Bagwell
    Craig Biggio
    Fred McGriff
    Chipper Jones
    Tom Glavine
    Randy Johnson
    Pedro Martinez
    Larry Walker
    Add Scott Rolen to the list. (Saw him as a Phillie, a Cardinal, and a Red.)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-26-2023),HokieRed (01-26-2023),Kingspoint (01-26-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Add Scott Rolen to the list. (Saw him as a Phillie, a Cardinal, and a Red.)
    Same for me. I saw him play when he was with the Reds at Nationals Park. I can remember telling my wife he may just be a HOFer some day. And here he is....
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Same for me. I saw him play when he was with the Reds at Nationals Park. I can remember telling my wife he may just be a HOFer some day. And here he is....
    I was at this game

https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...00407150.shtml

When Pujols and Rolen both HR. Larkin played (no Junior) so there was three in that game

13. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-26-2023)

Turn Off Ads?