Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Has the NFL Tried to "Influence" Game Outcomes?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I Definitely Think Games Have Been Influenced

13 32.50%
  • No, I Definitely Don't Think Games Have Been Influenced

12 30.00%
  • Unsure, But I Think Probably More Likely Than Not

9 22.50%
  • Unsure, But I Think Probably Not

6 15.00%
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Fully Trust NFL Outcomes ?

Re: Do You Fully Trust NFL Outcomes ?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    This is what you said in response to this post:

You clearly thought that the other refs knew that one official blew the play dead. I provided proof that they did not know he blew the play dead.

It seems you didn’t follow the play closely, or do any research on it, so you didn’t know the facts. You thought that the other refs knew that that one official was trying to blow the play dead before the ball was snapped. They did not. They said they did not in an official statement after the game.

I can understand you thinking it was no big deal and that the refs got it right, if you believe that they knew he was trying to blow the play dead before the ball was snapped. That makes sense. But that is not what happened, and the fact that they didn’t know he was trying to blow the play dead before snap changes everything. It makes is a difficult call with no clear right decision.

Hopefully that makes it clear and we don’t have to keep going around in circles, lol.
    How you got all this from my (clearly) sarcastically saying “the other refs weren’t staring at the other ref? No way.” I have no idea. Obviously the other refs weren’t paying attention to the other ref. They are doing other jobs and looking at other parts of the field. The fact they didn’t hear the whistle is absolutely meaningless.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    How you got all this from my (clearly) sarcastically saying “the other refs weren’t staring at the other ref? No way.” I have no idea. Obviously the other refs weren’t paying attention to the other ref. They are doing other jobs and looking at other parts of the field. The fact they didn’t hear the whistle is absolutely meaningless.
    My apologies for missing your sarcasm. As we all know it’s difficult to interpret on a message board.

However, I explained many times why your last sentence is false, so I won’t waste everyone’s time again. The fact that no one heard the whistle is exactly why we are in this mess in the first place and why so many people are spending so much time discussing it. If you don’t understand that, there is nothing to discuss.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Just ignoring all the personal stuff, your special debating skill, as we all know, lol. But I will say that nothing I said is as embarrassing as the fact that you took the time to dig up what I said a year ago, ask me about it, trying (unsuccessfully) to lay a trap for me, then bringing it up after I answered your question. I am hoping for your sake that you are just bored.
    I literally told you that your answer should be given with the understanding that I already knew how you responded. But you still couldn't help but fib, could you?

It's like someone warned you about a bear trap, you didn't believe them, stepped into it anyway, and then decided the blame the person who warned you for your injuries. Who does that??

Back to the discussion of the actual topic. False equivalency. In those other cases, there is a flag that has been thrown that everyone sees. This would be like if a ref threw a flag that no one, players, coaches, other officials, not even the broadcasting crew, saw, picked it up before anyone saw it, then told everyone he threw a flag that no one saw. Would they have to believe him? No, it would be a judgement call.

Again, you need to step back from the idea that there is a “correct call” in this situation.
    Nope. The point is that NFL officals make independent rulings all the time that are adhered to by the rest of the crew. There's nothing new or shocking here. The NFL has clearly communicated what happened in this situation. I've attempted to break it down for you and have even tried to help you better understand the NFL rulebook, something clearly needed as your Bengals/Raiders analysis was almost shockingly inaccurate, as is your position on this play. I don't really care that you don't want to hear it, but it certainly is the point at which I become bored.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Anytime a Steelers fan needs to be reminded about stuff like this, just mention the games when the Steelers played against Tom Brady's Patriots.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

6. Likes:

moewan (02-02-2023)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I have never seen a ref call a play dead and then subsequently just let the game go on as if that didn’t actually happen. If a ref blows a play dead, they typically yknow keep doing so until the play is actually dead. It looked weird and bad, and Romo pointed out that everyone in Cincinnati was going to be losing it and rightfully so.

So did anything actually nefarious go down, no probably not. But I don’t think you can blame Bengals fans for being pissed about how the officiating played out, and a crew that bad and incompetent has no business being near the field in a conference championship ever again. NFL in general has quite a lot of bad officiating they need to clean up.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m more pissed about some of the other calls, like the blown intentional grounding call, apparently Dean Blandino pointed out that was a wrongly called penalty. That was as crucial as anything that happened at the end of the game.

8. Likes:

757690 (02-02-2023),Redsfaithful (02-02-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I have never seen a ref call a play dead and then subsequently just let the game go on as if that didn’t actually happen. If a ref blows a play dead, they typically yknow keep doing so until the play is actually dead. It looked weird and bad, and Romo pointed out that everyone in Cincinnati was going to be losing it and rightfully so.

So did anything actually nefarious go down, no probably not. But I don’t think you can blame Bengals fans for being pissed about how the officiating played out, and a crew that bad and incompetent has no business being near the field in a conference championship ever again. NFL in general has quite a lot of bad officiating they need to clean up.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m more pissed about some of the other calls, like the blown intentional grounding call, apparently Dean Blandino pointed out that was a wrongly called penalty. That was as crucial as anything that happened at the end of the game.
    ...or Burrow being shoved to the ground (if you're going to call the last late hit), or Burrow having Chris Jones' weight thrown on him,....as one analyst mentioned, that had it been Brady, Jones would have been tossed from the game.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

10. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (02-02-2023)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    ...or Burrow being shoved to the ground (if you're going to call the last late hit), or Burrow having Chris Jones' weight thrown on him,....as one analyst mentioned, that had it been Brady, Jones would have been tossed from the game.
    Yeah that’s true as well, I was pretty incredulous during the game at the uncalled roughing the passer around that point too

"Do you fully trust NFL..." is the exact definition of an oxymoron.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

13. Likes:

traderumor (02-03-2023)

So how about that “defensive holding” call to hand the Chiefs the game on a platter?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    So how about that “defensive holding” call to hand the Chiefs the game on a platter?

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Not only was it a ticky tack foul, but they could’ve corrected the poor call by saying the ball was uncatchable which is was.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Not only was it a ticky tack foul, but they could’ve corrected the poor call by saying the ball was uncatchable which is was.
    I don’t believe they take that into consideration for holding. It’s often called before a throw and even when there is no throw. If a ref believes there was a hold, it’s a penalty.

18. Likes:

Chip R (02-16-2023),dubc47834 (02-12-2023)

Travis Kelce is so annoying. Really don’t like him. He acts like they were predicted to go 0-17.

20. Likes:

traderumor (02-13-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I don’t believe they take that into consideration for holding. It’s often called before a throw and even when there is no throw. If a ref believes there was a hold, it’s a penalty.
    You're correct. More often than not, a hold on a receiver creates the appearance of a ball being uncatchable...because the receiver is held, so he can't get to it.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

22. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-12-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I could be wrong and I agree with what your saying, but I feel like they used to call that in the old days. Meaning, if the pass is going into the stands and there’s holding as the ball is flying 20 yards over the receiver then they could reverse the call. That didn’t happen in this incidence, but the ball was clearly uncatchable irregardless of the holding call.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?