Turn Off Ads?

Thread: David Crosby RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Re: David Crosby RIP

Bummer. If I Could Only Remember My Name is an all-timer for me.

His work with the Byrds and CSN/Y is obviously tops too. Beautiful voice but his real talent was bringing great minds together and setting the scene. He was a genuine hipster of the highest order, until the drugs unraveled it all.

So long, Croz.

5. Likes:

Sea Ray (01-19-2023),westofyou (01-19-2023)

I loved his stuff. Graham Nash is still touring. My sister just saw him

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Bummer. If I Could Only Remember My Name is an all-timer for me.

His work with the Byrds and CSN/Y is obviously tops too. Beautiful voice but his real talent was bringing great minds together and setting the scene. He was a genuine hipster of the highest order, until the drugs unraveled it all.

So long, Croz.
    Just listened to If I Could Only Remember My Name, great LP. Can hear Jerry and Joni all over that too. I've been around Tamalpais High (At About 3) and it was just like that song

9. Likes:

Mitri (01-19-2023)

Don't waste time, time is the final currency. Truer words were never spoken.

Towards the end you could see how sad Crosby was in regards to not having a relationship with Nash anymore...in fact Nash was giving an interview yesterday morning for a documentary about the band and had wished they could put the bickering behind them.

Sad they never got the chance...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

11. Likes:

westofyou (01-20-2023)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Don't waste time, time is the final currency. Truer words were never spoken.

Towards the end you could see how sad Crosby was in regards to not having a relationship with Nash anymore...in fact Nash was giving an interview yesterday morning for a documentary about the band and had wished they could put the bickering behind them.

Sad they never got the chance...
    There's probably a life lesson in that.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

13. Likes:

Bob Sheed (01-20-2023),Chip R (01-20-2023)

The shift away from record labels and toward online streaming, really wrecked him too.

Where he was once making thousands on royalties, now he was making pennies.

Then when he sold his catalog, that too, was for a fraction of it's pre streaming worth.

RIP, to one of the greats. Time's a wasting, folks. Get out there and shine while you still can.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-22-2023),Roy Tucker (01-22-2023)

I consider The Byrds, Turn,Turn,Turn the quintessential song of the 1960's. RIP David Crosby
    Reds Fan Since 1971

17. Likes:

Betterread (01-24-2023),Kingspoint (01-22-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I consider The Byrds, Turn,Turn,Turn the quintessential song of the 1960's. RIP David Crosby
    Agree. That, "Come Together" and "Classical Gas" shared that title for me.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I met him once in 1989. He was promoting his book and telling his tale - he spoke to a group of college guys, probably about 30 of us in all. I wish we had selfies back then! His story of his drug addiction was awful - its amazing he lived this long.
    Where we gonna go?

20. Likes:

goreds2 (01-22-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    The shift away from record labels and toward online streaming, really wrecked him too.

Where he was once making thousands on royalties, now he was making pennies.

Then when he sold his catalog, that too, was for a fraction of it's pre streaming worth.

RIP, to one of the greats. Time's a wasting, folks. Get out there and shine while you still can.
    Yeah, you think you’ll live forever and then life come up behind you and kicks you in the ass and says not so fast there little buckaroo. I got kicked this pretty hard year so I’m not waiting around any more.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

22. Likes:

Bob Sheed (01-22-2023),cumberlandreds (01-22-2023),goreds2 (01-22-2023),Sea Ray (01-23-2023)

Saw CSNY twice growing up. They were fantastic.

Crosby was an absolutely phenomenal song writer.

Turn Off Ads?