Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Bally Sports possible bankruptcy?

Re: Bally Sports possible bankruptcy?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Do you know what the word obsession means?

Yes. I’ve heard of it and learned it here.

Chucky and his obsession with backup 1B for the Reds.

Half the boards obsession with Dusty’s lineups and if Corey Patterson was dating his daughter.

2. Likes:

Chip R (03-20-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Bally should stop advertising every other commercial on YouTube if they don’t have any money.

5. Likes:

KYExtemper (03-19-2023),MoneyInTheBank (03-17-2023),Wonderful Monds (03-18-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    It hurts my feelings? Seriously though it’s talked about more and more as if people are wishing it to happen. At least that’s how I’m reading it. Maybe I’m obsessed with obsessing over other’s obsession.
    I think it might be that last part.

It's really just a "where's the nearest safe water" if the well gets poisoned type of thing.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

There’s a needle to be threaded where all our prospects succeed, ownership buys in and it’s peace and love all around.

But there’s an another needle where everything could go to hell. We are talking about that needle.

And by chance, anyone want to opine on which needle we seem to be closer to right now?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It means 80s dance club gold.

Every time I hear this song, I think of "Saturday Night's Main Event", the NBC/WWF collaboration in the late 80's and early 90's. ("Obsession" was the opening theme song.)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

9. Likes:

bm1475 (03-17-2023),Chip R (03-20-2023),M2 (03-17-2023)

The Reds aren't moving to Nashville, if you move why would you move to a metro area that's smaller? (yeah the city is bigger but metro area is what matters)

If Montreal loses out on the Rays, maybe start worrying then.
    Go Gators!

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-17-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    FuboTV apparently picked up Bally recently. YTTV doesn't seem to have any plans on doing so. In fact, YTTV is raising prices to $73/month now, this coming after they booted MLB Network to the curb.

We've had YTTV for almost five years now, but I'm reaching my limit with them. Might dump them once we get some clarity on the Bally situation.
    The only reason I went to YTTV several years ago was because they had the Red's RSN. I don't watch a lot of TV. But my wife is another story, and she has to have her TCM. And Fubo does not have any of the Turner channels or I would already be there.

I couldn't watch the Reds last Summer, and that bugs me as a retiree, so I decided it wasn't going to occur this year; but I'm not going back to cable or satellite. So I'm exploring various IpTV's that carry Bally and myriads of the other sports networks. Got a free trial on one. I also use a VPN. I just think it's BS that fans, like myself, who are willing to pay for a service, have to go through such avenues to watch their team on TV.
    Last edited by GAC; 03-18-2023 at 08:20 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

13. Likes:

Chip R (03-20-2023),REDREAD (03-21-2023),wlf WV (03-21-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    The Reds aren't moving to Nashville, if you move why would you move to a metro area that's smaller? (yeah the city is bigger but metro area is what matters)

If Montreal loses out on the Rays, maybe start worrying then.
    Nashville is a rapidly growing metro area that is almost as large as the Cincinnati metro area now. With the continuing trend of people migrating to the South, Nashville should soon overtake Cincinnati.

Anyone try this?
    You can save $50 off an annual MLB.TV subscription using the following steps:

1. Purchase a "Home Run Fan Membership" from the Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association for $25 here:
    https://www.mlb.com/mlbpaa/membership/fans

You should get an email with the MLB.TV discount offering. If you don't see it look in your "Promotions" or Spam folder.

2. As long as you have purchased the "Home Run Fan Membership", you should be able to purchase the MLB.TV package for $74.99 ($79 after tax) by following the link you will get in the aforementioned email after you purchase the home run fan membership. This is half off the usual $150 price

Total: $25 (Home Run Fan Membership) and $74.99 (MLB.TV discount price) = $99.99. The normal price just for MLB.TV is $150, so you save $50.

https://slickdeals.net/f/16466482-50...tv-package-100

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-18-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    Nashville is a rapidly growing metro area that is almost as large as the Cincinnati metro area now. With the continuing trend of people migrating to the South, Nashville should soon overtake Cincinnati.
    And?

Same could be said of Portland.

But the Reds aren't moving to Nashville and any team that wants to will hear a LOT of noise from St. Louis, Cincinnati and Atlanta

18. Likes:

Chip R (03-20-2023),Revering4Blue (03-18-2023),Ron Madden (03-18-2023)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I always took heat for suggesting that relocation is going to be a possibility at some point if thing keep trending in this direction, so it’s nice to see others realize it’s a possibility. Historically speaking - relocation is not likely, but we are in uncharted territory with the plethora of financial issues surrounding the game. The Reds have an unusual and local ownership structure but in the end, money talks.

Very small odds of the Reds moving, but I really think it is imperative to the future of the franchise that the TV rights get straightened out and the franchise begins to be run in a respectable, competitive manner. It’s probably 50/50 Bob is alive in 5 years and if he’s not around Phil and Co. will probably be looking around for the highest bidder. If I was loaded had no skin in Cincinnati and wanted to buy the team, I’d look at 25 year old GABP, pull up the stakes and try to go to Nashville pronto.
    Not ever going to happen with the Modell law in place.

20. Likes:

Chip R (03-20-2023),Revering4Blue (03-18-2023)

I'll start worrying about the Reds moving in about a decade. They aren't going anywhere until 2037 due to their existing lease. So even if Bob dies in 5 years they aren't going anywhere pronto.

22. Likes:

Chip R (03-20-2023),REDREAD (03-21-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    I'll start worrying about the Reds moving in about a decade. They aren't going anywhere until 2037 due to their existing lease. So even if Bob dies in 5 years they aren't going anywhere pronto.
    How much is the lease? Another city that wants a team may be willing to buy it out. They pay $100 Million plus for expansion fees, why wouldn't they be willing to pay the buy-out? I wouldn't take so much comfort in the lease. The numbers have exploded since that lease was signed. It may not be enough of a buy-out to deter a move.
    Last edited by mth123; 03-18-2023 at 01:18 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    With technology making the world smaller it would really be a seamless transition for us out-of-towners.
    Seems like the people sharing this opinion are the out-of-towners. Same as it's the out-of-towners sharing the opinion that the Reds could actually move.

There are a myriad of reasons why that will never happen. Not now. Not a decade from now. Not a century from now.

Even if somehow the Reds navigated around the Modell Law, got out of the GABP lease, found an out-of-town owner to buy a majority stake and convinced MLB to approve relocating this franchise (and that combo of all those things ringing true simultaneously has almost zero chance of happening), the Reds are interwoven as part of this city's fabric.

Out-of-towners think it's possible for that fabric to somehow be broken. People who grew up here and/or have lived here for a long time know otherwise. If you didn't grow up here or have not spent many, many years living here, you just don't have the perspective of understanding that. This might come across as being rude, but that's not my intention. I'm just saying you don't have that perspective of a Cincinnatian to grasp how much this franchise is connected to this city, both historically and moving forward.

The Reds might spend an inordinate amount of years battling for the divisional cellar due to poor ownership, but they'll do it as the Cincinnati Reds, not the Nashville Reds or some other city's Reds.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

25. Likes:

757690 (03-18-2023),Boss-Hog (03-18-2023),Chip R (03-20-2023),Ron Madden (03-18-2023),Roy Tucker (03-18-2023),westofyou (03-18-2023),Wonderful Monds (03-18-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    How much is the lease? Another city that wants a team may be willing to buy it out. They pay $100 Million plus for expansion fees, why wouldn't they be willing to pay the buy-out. I wouldn't take so much comfort in the lease. The numbers have exploded since that lease was signed. It may not be enough of a buy-out to deter a move.
    The Reds pay $1 per year in annual base rent. And that's not a typo.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

27. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-18-2023)

Turn Off Ads?