Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part 1: Offseason

Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part 1: Offseason

Fun Fact: Bijan Robinsons Uncle (Paul Robinson) was drafted and played for the Bengals for 6 years...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Dan Graziano
    @DanGrazianoESPN

Source says Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan is having his second interview with the Colts today for their vacant head coach job, and is scheduled to speak with the Cardinals tomorrow about theirs.
    3:26pm · 1 Feb 2023
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

As long as they don't lose Lou, they're good.

It shouldn't be too difficult to find someone to call Burrow's offense. It'll be mostly Burrow calling it at some point anyway.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-02-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    As long as they don't lose Lou, they're good.

It shouldn't be too difficult to find someone to call Burrow's offense. It'll be mostly Burrow calling it at some point anyway.
    Lou should know better than to take the Cardinals job.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-02-2023)

Only thing is, Colts have done multiple second interviews.

Curious to see if they listen to Peyton on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It was the play-calling, and it was Zac Taylor. Everyone was talking about it nationally who broke down game-film and watched every play of the games (which aren't too many analysts). Taylor gave in to Callahan and let him call more of the Offense and that's when it changed...not the adjustments that Burrow made. The adjustments were made at the Coaching level. Kudos to Taylor for making the changes early. Belichick hung on too long and ruined his season. Taylor quickly adjusted when the entire football nation got on him for making such stupid play calls that resulted in losses early in the season, games that they had no business losing.

Should he get a new O. C., I have to hope that the new O. C. is given the same amount of influence that Callahan had and that Taylor doesn't end up influencing the play-making decisions like he did at the beginning of this season.

You could always tell instantly whenever Marvin Lewis took over the play-calling.

Zac Taylor's horrible play-calling was talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about at the beginning of the season. He was repeatedly spoken in terms of the worst play-calling Head Coach in the NFL. Credit was given the other way when the play-calling changed.

Most Head Coaches should not be calling plays. That's not their job and it usually turns out horrible results.

It appears Mike McCarthy is determined to make next year his last in DAL:

February 1st, 2023 at 12:35pm CST by Sam Robinson

Mike McCarthy will indeed return to a play-calling role. Rumored to be readying to be a play-calling head coach, the former Packers HC will take on that responsibility next season for the Cowboys, Jerry Jones confirmed Wednesday. The Cowboys have begun interviewing offensive coordinator candidates to replace Kellen Moore, meeting with Rams assistant Thomas Brown and Panthers staffer Jeff Nixon (via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram’s Clarence Hill), but the position will come with a reduced workload in 2023. While McCarthy did not call plays for all of his Green Bay stay, he spent extensive time doing so. He last served as the Packers’ play-caller during the 2018 season, when the team fired him before the year ended. McCarthy played a major role in Aaron Rodgers‘ first two MVP awards — in 2011 and 2014 — but also drew frequent criticism. The Cowboys will sign up for a season of McCarthy at the controls.
    Quaintly, I can remember the days when the quarterback called the plays. The late 50’s and early 60’s. I think Tom Landry was the one where he started calling plays. Seems like light years ago now.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

10. Likes:

Chip R (02-03-2023),Kingspoint (02-02-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Quaintly, I can remember the days when the quarterback called the plays. The late 50’s and early 60’s. I think Tom Landry was the one where he started calling plays. Seems like light years ago now.
    Those were true Quarterbacks. It's what the definition of the Quarterback meant.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Many QBs still do, to a certain extent. (RPO's and the like.)
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-02-2023)

There's an arrest warrant out on Mixon for allegedly pointing a gun at a woman. He was a cut candidate anyway, but gotta think he's definitely gone now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    There's an arrest warrant out on Mixon for allegedly pointing a gun at a woman. He was a cut candidate anyway, but gotta think he's definitely gone now.

Cut'em
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Lou should know better than to take the Cardinals job.
    Only 32 head coaching jobs…at 57 it would be tough to turn down your first opportunity.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

17. Likes:

Chip R (02-03-2023),Hillsdale87 (02-02-2023),Revering4Blue (02-02-2023)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Good lord

- - - Updated - - -

The moral implications of Mixon doing what he’s done here speak for themselves, so I’ll just say this - I hope this isn’t indicative of the culture around our team breaking down.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Oh wait this happened a couple weeks ago before the Bills game?? What the hell? I’m surprised there weren’t any rumors about this going around.

Didn't Paul Brown call plays when Otto Graham was the Browns QB back in the 1950s?
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

21. Likes:

Chip R (02-03-2023),westofyou (02-02-2023)

This came out of NO WHERE

Turn Off Ads?