Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part 1: Offseason

Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part 1: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Is he going to be happy being a complimentary piece instead of a feature back? Then again none of the three teams listed are going to give him that chance, maybe the Eagles.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    If he's smart then he knows he's at that point in his career. Given he seems to want to go to teams that have a shot at winning a ring I think he does.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I don't understand. I thought TE was very deep this draft? Why would we draft a TE in R1 (unless he was BPA)? I'd rather look for Jonah's replacement if he was available or BPA.
    I'm sure the Bengals see it this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of Devin Bush:

I think we all missed on that one. The meltdown on this board was pretty epic at the time. The Bengals needed a LB and Bush had blown away the combine.

As disappointing as Jonah Williams had been I think the Steelers trading up for Bush and creating misery for the Bengals didn't exactly transpire.

Makes me want to go reread that thread.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Is he going to be happy being a complimentary piece instead of a feature back? Then again none of the three teams listed are going to give him that chance, maybe the Eagles.

Two positives. Zeke ran behind our O-Line Coach's designs for years and our O-Line Coach knows him better than Zeke knows himself. Another reason we should have made certain we added Dalton Schultz for two years. I have to assume that the Bengals are really, really high on at least one of the 1st Rd TE prospects and that it's a 90% chance that they are taking one of those that they highly covet with their 1st pick. Are they willing to trade up to get the TE that they want? Don't know about that, but it depends upon how much they highly covet that player. I don't know why, but the Notre Dame TE strikes me as a bust. I hope it's not him. Think I'd rather go with Georgia's TE. Even if they had done that, with the difficulty that exists of TE's learning to block in the NFL, they still should have paid the price for Schultz, an 82.5 PFF Graded Run-Blocker last season. Makes whoever we place on the right side of our new, and likely not very good, RT, much less of a liability.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-24-2023 at 02:47 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Add Michigan State WR Jayden Reed to those the Bengals are watching.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I'm sure the Bengals see it this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Makes me want to go reread that thread.
    I, for one, have no prob-FALSE START, #68, REPEAT 2ND DOWN-lem with Hart. I think he get-FALSE START, #68, 5 YARD PENALTY -s a bad rap. He's actually not tha-FALSE START, #68, REPEAT 3RD DOWN -t bad. I don't understand where all th-ILLEGAL FORMATION, LINED UP IN THE NEUTRAL ZONE, #68, REPEAT 3RD DOWN -e hate comes from. Really just a misunderstood guy.

Best post in that thread.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

7. Likes:

Hypnotoad (03-24-2023),Redhook (03-24-2023)

I, for one, have no prob-FALSE START, #68, REPEAT 2ND DOWN-lem with Hart. I think he get-FALSE START, #68, 5 YARD PENALTY -s a bad rap. He's actually not tha-FALSE START, #68, REPEAT 3RD DOWN -t bad. I don't understand where all th-ILLEGAL FORMATION, LINED UP IN THE NEUTRAL ZONE, #68, REPEAT 3RD DOWN -e hate comes from. Really just a misunderstood guy.

I love this one I posted March 7th (not because I posted it, but because of the Rotoworld commentor's comments about "this has the looks of a freight train", but he meant to say a freight train that is going to crash, as it surely has with that albatross contract that they gave to Murray, dooming the franchise until the gauranteed money is gone, and then probably for a while after that).

Easy to see why Arians ran away from Phoenix...

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports it is the "worst kept secret in the history of the world" that the Cardinals will take Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray with the No. 1 overall pick.

Per La Canfora, "people close" to Murray are "thoroughly convinced" he will end up in the desert. It has certainly felt that way, with the Cardinals barely even bothering to deny their interest. New coach Kliff Kingsbury is on video saying Murray should be the No. 1 overall pick. He has the same agent as Murray. It is still early in the process, but this has the feel of a freight train.

SOURCE: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

This was pretty prophetic by West Virginia Red...

Say what you want about the NFL but it’s not a player driven league like the NBA. Brown just forced his way out of his situation, literally got to pick where he wanted to go, and screwed the Steelers over in the process.

Who’s to say OBJ doesn’t try to do the same with the Giants? It’s annoying when an Anthony Davis or Paul George situation happens in the NBA. I’d prefer it not happen anywhere else. At least in the NBA George and Leonard were traded somewhere other than where they tried to force.

March 24th, 2023 at 4:15pm CST by Sam Robinson

MARCH 24: Pouring water on the potential of an Elliott-to-Philadelphia move, John Clark of NBC Sports tweets that the Eagles have not yet talked with the three-time Pro Bowler about a contract. He adds that the reigning NFC champions are “happy” with their current situation in the backfield. That update illustrates the reality that Elliott’s preferred destinations represents a wish list on his part, more so than a shortlist of interested suitors.

Borrowed very heavily from

"Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

12. Likes:

WVRed (03-25-2023)

Hart was a decent swing tackle who should have never started. Plus they gave him 3 yrs 21 luckily only 5 was guaranteed.However what it does show you is how desperate teams are for offensive lineman as he is still in the league.

I wonder if we can find the posts secretly hoping Taylor takes the Nebraska job or comparing him to David Shula…

I would much rather talk about pick 28
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-26-2023)

Bengals put Blake Freeland through drills at his pro day…someone to keep an eye out for at pick 60. Tall kid who moves well his RAS is off the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Bengals put Blake Freeland through drills at his pro day…someone to keep an eye out for at pick 60. Tall kid who moves well his RAS is off the charts.
    Really surprised they haven't looked at Cody Mauch. He has the glass eater Pollack mentality.

Really surprised they haven't looked at Cody Mauch. He has the glass eater Pollack mentality.

They could feel set on the interior Mauch is expected to go 2nd round though he may sneak into the first. Bengals probably go Tackle and corner first 2 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    They could feel set on the interior Mauch is expected to go 2nd round though he may sneak into the first. Bengals probably go Tackle and corner first 2 rounds.
    While that would be ideal, who’s going to play TE? I’m not a fan of drafting a TE early in the draft, but they have a glaring hole and there aren’t many free agents options left.

There’s still some time this off-season, but it’d be nice if they filled a couple more holes before the draft so they don’t reach for anyone. I trust them, but it’s been a slow off-season for them not counting the one big bang.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    While that would be ideal, who’s going to play TE? I’m not a fan of drafting a TE early in the draft, but they have a glaring hole and there aren’t many free agents options left.

There’s still some time this off-season, but it’d be nice if they filled a couple more holes before the draft so they don’t reach for anyone. I trust them, but it’s been a slow off-season for them not counting the one big bang.
    I think they would jump at Mayer or Kincaid if they are there at 28...but there is a good chance both are gone...Laporta or Kuntz could be fall backs. 3rd round feels like there sweet spot if they miss out on Mayer and Kincaid.

I am a bit shocked they have not brought in Irv Smith Jr for a look especially considering he was supposed to be the hot name for TE's.

20. Likes:

Redhook (03-26-2023)

Turn Off Ads?