Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part 1: Offseason

Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part 1: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    What if the Bengals got the Jets or Patriots to bite for a third round pick and then flip the pick and no 28 to move up to the 18 range. Would guarantee they would get whoever they wanted to draft vs standing pat at 28.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    The Bengals will definitely hold firm on the price which will be a Day 2 pick...

I think the market is dry though for him due to his season last year, his injury history, is he a guard or tackle...Goodberry brought up how slow the market is for Wynn currently, on twitter and I would have to think Jonah is in the same boat

Ultimately he comes back here and they try him at RT...or begin his transition to Guard...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    What if the Bengals got the Jets or Patriots to bite for a third round pick and then flip the pick and no 28 to move up to the 18 range. Would guarantee they would get whoever they wanted to draft vs standing pat at 28.

Agree it should be a Day 2 pick. And in addition to packaging that to move up, I'd also be elated if we flipped that pick to the Chargers for Austin Ekeler...
    Go BLUE!!!

If another team is willing to pick up the $12mill in guaranteed money, I don't think the Bengals can ask for much more than that

"Great leader. He has experience playing at a high level. Versatile in the secondary. Highly explosive athlete. Very good range and ball skills. Plays with good instincts in both the run and pass game. Shows up as a tackler. Fits exactly what we're looking for as far as character in terms of intangibles, in terms of physical attributes."

Trey Brown, Senior Personnel Executive for the Cincinnati Bengals continues after it was brought up that he was only the 13th best-rated Safety available on PFF's Free Agent Rankings....

"We're trying to get the best players for the Bengals and we can't really worry about what everybody else is doing around the league," Trey Brown said. "Everybody has different schemes, different cultures, different fits, but he's a guy we identified early as a guy that could factor in for us and I thought it was an outstanding fit for what we're trying to do."

Nothing more really needs to be said. Yes, it would have been nice to keep Bates or Bell, but after that, Nick Scott is a perfect fit for the Bengals.

....and, maybe they need to get a nursing room for the wives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If another team is willing to pick up the $12mill in guaranteed money, I don't think the Bengals can ask for much more than that
    If they were to pick up $6M and toss us back a 5th Rd pick, that would be very acceptable, too.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

6. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (03-21-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Ultimately he comes back here and they try him at RT...or begin his transition to Guard...
    No thanks. He'll always have a chip on his shoulder against the organization where he thinks he hasn't been treated fairly and that he's underpaid.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The last two players I wanted in Free Agency, Dalton Shultz and Damian Harris, are both gone.

I have to guess that with the Bengals not even looking at Schultz (Pollack would know his extremely well with Schultz having blocked in Pollack's system, in addition to Schultz being an excellent run-blocker and excellent Receiver), that the Bengals have their sites on a drafted TE starting for them in the Opening Game, especially with the number of supposedly quality TE's available when the Bengals get their 1st Rd pick. There's no longer a need to draft a Tackle, Safety or LB this season with their 1st Rd pick. So, TE or CB seems to be the two best options. I could be wrong and they draft a RB with their 1st pick, whether that's traded down a few spots to get a RB or TE, while adding an extra pick.

It seems like we'll hire from within when Anarumo leaves and offer Safeties Coach Robert Livingston the job as Defensive Coordinator. That seems like a natural progression for today's upward movement. I do believe that's what Anarumo did before he was made temporary D.C. at Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Absolutely true.

In fact, Jonah Williams' value is so low at the moment that the Bengals might have to include a 6th or 7th Rd pick just to get someone to pay that $12M. Now, if the Bengals were willing to split the difference and pay $6M themselves, then the Bengals could ask in return a pick of some type. So, basically, the Bengals would be buying a late pick for $6M while clearing $6M off of the books for this season that can be used elsewhere (and they certainly have needs where they could use it).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Absolutely true.

In fact, Jonah Williams' value is so low at the moment that the Bengals might have to include a 6th or 7th Rd pick just to get someone to pay that $12M. Now, if the Bengals were willing to split the difference and pay $6M themselves, then the Bengals could ask in return a pick of some type. So, basically, the Bengals would be buying a late pick for $6M while clearing $6M off of the books for this season that can be used elsewhere (and they certainly have needs where they could use it).
    We know how the Bengals operate though...they place a certain value on a guy and they wait it out. I am sure they have a number on Jonah that they feel is fair (most likely a day 2 pick). I think they would also deal Jonah for a player if they feel the player is of greater or equal value.

What they won't do is pay salary to get a lesser value...

Ultimately I think we see Jonah back here working on the right side...his FA market is not going to be any better sitting out a season. Especially given his last year of tape that is out there.

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-22-2023)

I would have like Dan Freney as a backup G as well for 1 year. Good berry or Damian Harris for RB.

So rookies at RB and TE it is.

Updated list of who Bengals met with at combine:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbe...id=cornerbacks

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Updated list of who Bengals met with at combine:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbe...id=cornerbacks
    Here are some more visits according to Walter Football (some overlap between lists):

Julius Brents, Cornerback, Kansas State (COM)
    Bryan Bresee, Defensive Tackle, Clemson (COM)
    Keondre Coburn, Defensive Tackle, Texas (COM)
    Gervon Dexter, Defensive Tackle, Florida (COM)
    Emmanuel Forbes, Cornerback, Mississippi State (COM)
    Isaiah Foskey, Defensive End, Notre Dame (COM)
    Dawand Jones, Offensive Tackle, Ohio State (PRI)
    Dalton Kincaid, Tight End, Utah (COM)
    Michael Mayer, Tight End, Notre Dame (COM)
    Ivan Pace, 3-4 Outside Linebacker, Cincinnati (COM)
    Clark Phillips, Cornerback, Utah (COM)
    Kelee Ringo, Cornerback, Georgia (COM)
    Nolan Smith, Outside Linebacker, Georgia (COM)
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

In his newest mock draft, Kiper has us taking Darnell Washington. He has both Mayer and Kincaid going before our pick, as well as Bijan Robinson to the Bills one pick before.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Washington would be a perfect pick for the Bengals. He is like having a 6th OL on the field.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-22-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Washington would be a perfect pick for the Bengals. He is like having a 6th OL on the field.
    Highly underrated as a pass catcher too. Didn't get to see it much with Brock Bowers at Georgia but I'd be happy with either Washington or Darnell Wright at 28.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?