Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Chattanooga Ballpark Plans

Chattanooga Ballpark Plans

https://ballparkdigest.com/2022/11/1...-foundry-site/

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere. If so, my apologies. Targeting an open date of 2025. This would be a road trip for sure.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chattanooga Ballpark Plans

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    https://ballparkdigest.com/2022/11/1...-foundry-site/

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere. If so, my apologies. Targeting an open date of 2025. This would be a road trip for sure.
    Looks sharp. Although I went to a Lookouts game recently and enjoyed their ballpark. Didn't think they needed a new one. I've been to a lot of new MiLB parks recently and while all very nice, they're becoming a bit cookie-cutter. But I guess that's what you get as the MLB tries to standardize everything in the minors.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

The Tennessee Smokies are planning to move into a new park in downtown Knoxville in 2025. They will be known then as the Knoxville Smokies.

The Richmond Flying Squirrels (SF Giants AA) also plan to move into a new park in Richmond in 2025. The facility will be shared with VCU as I understand it.

The MLB mandates on these franchises are interesting to follow.

On another note, the Asheville Tourists are on the clock to present MLB with proof of secured funding for $30 million in upgrades to keep the team in Asheville beyond 2023. The deadline for having funding secured is April 1, 2023, two months out! It would be a shame if Asheville lost affiliated baseball.

I am looking forward to the new park. I will no longer have to drive as far into the city.

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    The Tennessee Smokies are planning to move into a new park in downtown Knoxville in 2025. They will be known then as the Knoxville Smokies.

The Richmond Flying Squirrels (SF Giants AA) also plan to move into a new park in Richmond in 2025. The facility will be shared with VCU as I understand it.

The MLB mandates on these franchises are interesting to follow.

On another note, the Asheville Tourists are on the clock to present MLB with proof of secured funding for $30 million in upgrades to keep the team in Asheville beyond 2023. The deadline for having funding secured is April 1, 2023, two months out! It would be a shame if Asheville lost affiliated baseball.
    That would be tragic. The Asheville setting is beautiful, really the epitome of what I think of when I think of minor league ball.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    That would be tragic. The Asheville setting is beautiful, really the epitome of what I think of when I think of minor league ball.
    Agreed 100%. I mentioned how a lot of the new MiLB are all looking and feeling the same now, which is likely the goal for MLB. The Asheville stadium is memorable, seeped in history, and in a gorgeous setting.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Turn Off Ads?