Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RIP Bobby Hull

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-30-2023),goreds2 (01-30-2023),Revering4Blue (01-30-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RIP Bobby Hull

I can remember hearing a lot about Bobby Hull when I was just started getting interested in sports in the early 70's. Although I never knew much about hockey, being from the south, I could appreciate all of the accomplishments he had during his career. His son, Brett, also went on to be a HOF fame player although it seems the rest of Bobby's personal life wasn't so good. RIP Bobby Hull
    Reds Fan Since 1971

He was also hockey's first million dollar man in 1972

WOW...thought he had already passed. RIP

I was watching an early "What's My Line?" episode when there were still just 6 teams in the NHL. The guest was the first American-born hockey player to play in that league, a young man at the time whom I had never heard of. One of the panelists was proud of the fact that he knew that he and Stan Mikita (Check, if I remember) were the only non-Canadians in the league. That player was born in Duluth, MN.

While Chicago was an American City, it was a natural team to adopt as an American and Hockey Fan (unless you were one of those people who always liked favorites, like the Yankees, Celtics, Laker and Packers, so you ended up picking Montreal). For me it was pretty easy as Chicago had the coolest logo, the Indian Chief (screw all the enormously ignorant people who think that is a racist symbol), and the fact the the Chicago Blackhawks used to be the Portland Rosebuds (the first name on the Championship Trophy Cup, the Stanley Cup). Portland's Minor League Hockey team that followed the ending of the Western Hockey League and the Portland Buckaroos, adopted the Winterhawks as their mascot name and the indentical Indian Chief logo (thanks again to the ignoramouses who pushed that out). Watched the Winterhawks win an Overtime Game last night against the Spokane Chiefs (if they're still called that).

Hull, Mikita and Howe.

RIP to them all.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 01-30-2023 at 04:29 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-30-2023)

Golden Jet made the WHA, for that I am always grateful

10. Likes:

Saw him play many times in the WHA. RIP.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

12. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Golden Jet made the WHA, for that I am always grateful
    He was definitely an Ambassador for both leagues.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

14. Likes:

Turn Off Ads?