Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748

Thread: Reds Spring Training 2023

Re: Reds Spring Training 2023

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Out of the lefty bats on the team, including Votto, he's the one most likely to be able to hit against LHP, I agree. They still need three guys to replace Fraley, Benson, Vosler and maybe even Votto.
    I just think we are going a little overboard with the platooning. Friedl can hit lefties. Votto doesn't need to be straight platooned but should limit exposure against tough lefties. Benson may not either. Vosler? Who knows... Probably? Fraley? Absolutely should sit against all lefties. It just seems like trying to plan for the exception at the expense of the rule.
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think Young made the team
    thx. always thought he was a good NRI pickup. as i say that, he will post a 9.50 ERA and will be released before may.

seriously, i do think he could be solid this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    I just think we are going a little overboard with the platooning. Friedl can hit lefties. Votto doesn't need to be straight platooned but should limit exposure against tough lefties. Benson may not either. Vosler? Who knows... Probably? Fraley? Absolutely should sit against all lefties. It just seems like trying to plan for the exception at the expense of the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Far East View Post
    Isn't Fraley a better defender than Myers is?
    And wouldn't the veteran be able to better acclimate himself to the DH role?

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

In today's Reds intersquad scrimmage, outfield coach Collin Cowgill will both coach first base and play right field.

in other intersquad news, Reds OF Stuart Fairchild is now wearing No. 17.

Turn Off Ads?