Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RIP Burt Bacharach

RIP Burt Bacharach

Bacharach was the composer of many of the popular songs of the 60's,70's and beyond. So many singers covered his songs he had to be filthy rich.

https://wtop.com/national/2023/02/bu...gs-dies-at-94/
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RIP Burt Bacharach

I’m not sure what it says about me that I only know him from a couple scenes in Austin Powers movies but

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I’m not sure what it says about me that I only know him from a couple scenes in Austin Powers movies but
    You are young, very young. Back in the 60's and 70's he could be seen on many variety shows doing some of the songs he had written. His was a very popular name back in that time.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

5. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (02-09-2023),Revering4Blue (02-09-2023)

The man could write songs, I know because I heard them while my mom ran errands and I slid around the back seat of the car

I kinda knew him as that name in parenthesis under the artist's name on my 45

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-09-2023)

It's not Rock, but he had a lot of great songs. RIP.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Bachrach always seemed like the unofficial theme music for Rohypnol.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

His songs were embedded in the soundtrack of my high school years (1966-70). His songs were in the AM radio all the time. FM radio rock was just starting to hit the Midwest during that time. Top 40 radio ruled the waves.

"Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" was my favorite.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

12. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-09-2023),goreds2 (02-13-2023),Revering4Blue (02-09-2023),westofyou (02-09-2023)

Saw him last month on an early version of "To Tell the Truth", though it had another name and it was about 1952. He was one of three songwriters, and wasn't the one they were supposed to try to guess. With a few hits already, his face wasn't familiar to the panel.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?