Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Your Opinion Who are Some of the R&R HOF's Biggest Snubs???

In Your Opinion Who are Some of the R&R HOF's Biggest Snubs???

In the other thread I mentioned that I felt Zevon was long overdue for HOF induction. I got to wondering about who you folks feel are some of the Hall's biggest snubs? I'll start with a couple and add some more later in the thread.

Why hasn't THE GUESS WHO been inducted ? Gosh, Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings made some great music. Some truly iconic songs. TGW deserves serious consideration.

I also think BAD COMPANY deserves induction. And speaking of BC, why in the hell is Paul Rodgers not in the Hall. This guy, in my opinion, is one of the greatest voices in the history of rock music. An all-time R&R great!!! The guy still has some crazy good pipes. Still sings 'em like forty years ago.

Name:  paul Rodgers.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  35.1 KB
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

2. Likes:

Dom Heffner (02-15-2023),goreds2 (02-11-2023),mth123 (02-10-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: In Your Opinion Who are Some of the R&R HOF's Biggest Snubs???

Stuart Adamson
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

5. Likes:

M2 (02-13-2023)

The Replacements

7. Likes:

M2 (02-11-2023),marcshoe (02-10-2023),redsfanmia (02-10-2023)

The Whispers

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    In the other thread I mentioned that I felt Zevon was long overdue for HOF induction. I got to wondering about who you folks feel are some of the Hall's biggest snubs? I'll start with a couple and add some more later in the thread.

Why hasn't THE GUESS WHO been inducted ? Gosh, Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings made some great music. Some truly iconic songs. TGW deserves serious consideration.

I also think BAD COMPANY deserves induction. And speaking of BC, why in the hell is Paul Rodgers not in the Hall. This guy, in my opinion, is one of the greatest voices in the history of rock music. An all-time R&R great!!! The guy still has some crazy good pipes. Still sings 'em like forty years ago.

Name:  paul Rodgers.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  35.1 KB
    Paul Rodgers is easily the biggest snub of an individual from the R&R HOF. One of the 4 or 5 best voices ever. If they don't want Bad Company in for whatever reason, Rodgers himself should be in for his overall body of work.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

10. Likes:

goreds2 (02-11-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Paul Rodgers is easily the biggest snub of an individual from the R&R HOF. One of the 4 or 5 best voices ever. If they don't want Bad Company in for whatever reason, Rodgers himself should be in for his overall body of work.
    Couldn't agree more. Snubs like Rodgers makes the Hall seem like a complete sham. I don't know how they could justify the snub of Paul.
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 02-10-2023 at 05:32 PM.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

12. Likes:

goreds2 (02-11-2023)

Bad Company was hands down, easily, the worst concert i've ever been to, and I like Bad Co

14. Likes:

westofyou (02-11-2023)

There's just so many:

Genuinely shocked omissions: The B-52's, Barry White, Dick Dale, Kool & the Gang, Toot & the Maytals, Thin Lizzy, Diana Ross, The Spinners, Devo, Lenny Kravitz

England is screaming: The Jam, The Damned, XTC, Joy Division/New Order, The Buzzcocks, The Specials, Echo & the Bunnymen, The Smiths, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Blur, Oasis

AOR: Jethro Tull, Blue Öyster Cult, Bad Company, Steppenwolf, ELP, Alan Parsons Project

Heavy: Motörhead, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, The Scorpions, Slayer, Mötley Crüe, Pantera

Hardcore: Black Flag, The Dead Kennedys, Bad Brains

Left of the dial: The Replacements, Pixies, Hüsker Dü, Fugazi, Guided By Voices

90s pileup: Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, Beck, Rage Against the Machine, Soundgarden, Faith No More, Alice in Chains, The Offspring, PJ Harvey, Pavement, The Flaming Lips, Dinosaur Jr.

Monsters of rap: Wu-Tang Clan, OutKast, De La Soul, Nas, Afrika Bambaataa

Songwriters: Warren Zevon, Harry Nilsson, Jim Croce, Gram Parsons, Squeeze, Carly Simon

They were very popular: INXS, George Michael/Wham!, Supertramp, The Monkees, Bryan Adams, Dave Mathews Band, TLC, Cher, Cyndi Lauper, The Pointer Sisters, Gloria Estefan, Mariah Carey, Bruce Hornsby

Proof that Rolling Stone was never cool: Link Wray, The Sonics, New York Dolls, Brian Eno, X, Sparks, Sonic Youth, Nick Cave, Shonen Knife, The Chemical Brothers, almost every single funk band
    Last edited by M2; 02-11-2023 at 11:37 AM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

16. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (02-11-2023),Revering4Blue (02-11-2023),Roy Tucker (02-11-2023)

How about GRAND FUNK RAILROAD?

---- Bill Vaughn

18. Likes:

goreds2 (02-11-2023),M2 (02-11-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Bad Company was hands down, easily, the worst concert i've ever been to, and I like Bad Co
    For me it was Aerosmith, 1978, just a MESS

- - - Updated - - -

BTW not having the Monkees in the HOF is criminal. They invented the stadium show and had numerous hits, Dolenz was the first rocker to own a Moog as well

Criminal

20. Likes:

goreds2 (02-11-2023),M2 (02-11-2023),moewan (02-12-2023),RedsBaron (02-14-2023),Revering4Blue (02-11-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Saw them when they first broke at Hara Arena in Dayton. We thought it was going to be a great show but it was really lackluster. Too much coke probably.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I'd like to see this guy inducted. Been doing it since the '60's and still at it today. Should be in the HOF.

Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 02-12-2023 at 12:42 PM.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Another personal favorite by TJ&S . He still sounds like he did decades ago.

---- Bill Vaughn

Songwriter category: Neil Finn.

25. Likes:

marcshoe (02-13-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Songwriter category: Neil Finn.
    fwiw, I've given up on stumping for Split Enz, but I might want to remind everyone that it isn't the American Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. I don't think. I could be wrong.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

27. Likes:

M2 (02-13-2023)

Turn Off Ads?