Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ONE ALBUM

ONE ALBUM

If you were shipwrecked like Gilligan and could have just one album and the ability to play it, what album would you choose to have with you ?

For me, there is one album that checks all of the boxes. It makes me nostalgic for my time growing up in the seventies. It had a sound like none of us had ever heard before. Astounding music, great vocals , perfect production, innovative on so many levels. This album somehow helps me feel a connection to the Universe more than any other . In short, this album always makes me feel happy. AND it was all produced in one man's basement. I LOVE this album !!! About great albums you sometimes hear people say, "there's not a bad song on it." Well, that is really true about my favorite album. Every single song is really good. It's one of those CD's that you put on in the car during a road trip, open the windows, crank up the volume, and have yourself a blast !!! And it if wasn't good enough already, the cover art is awesome as well.

Debuting in 1976, BOSTON"S self-titled album is my all-time favorite. What are your thoughts on this album and what would be your favorite album of all-time?

“It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

2. Likes:

goreds2 (02-16-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ONE ALBUM

“It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

This is about as tough a question as there is.

Im going with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    This is about as tough a question as there is.

Im going with this one.

It is, indeed, Dom. Questions like best albums or favorite songs are really tough because there are just so damn many that have hugely affected our lives. Usually, with an album or a song, it has to be somethig that has almost a spiritual connection for me. Something that really amplifies my connection to the Universe. Boston's debut does that for me.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

7. Likes:

Dom Heffner (02-17-2023)

9. Likes:

Bob Sheed (02-17-2023),Bourgeois Zee (02-16-2023),Mitri (02-18-2023),moewan (02-17-2023)

They call me "chef"

Before we get too far, what qualifies as an album? Does a Greatest Hits collection count? Live show? Box set?
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

London Calling
    Where we gonna go?

13. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-17-2023),redsfan9988 (02-16-2023),redsfandan (02-20-2023)

Make Yourself by Incubus… don’t like it? I was a freshman in high school and was convinced this was the sound of the next generation. Plus I was pretty high. Still listen to it today.

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-17-2023)

In theory Pet Sounds…but it’s just so short I might strategize.

17. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-01-2023),wally post (05-15-2023)

Do the American Recordings count as one album?

(Yeah, I'm cheating.)

19. Likes:

wally post (05-15-2023)

If I had to choose, I’d probably take Prince Sign of the Times. Double album, lots of stuff to give attention to. Pop gems, soul ballads, beautiful guitar solos. Super wide range of moods and tones. Not necessarily my absolute favorite album, but a great one to spend many years with on an island.

Name:  3A2762A6-1F9B-4159-B5FD-5190D493CDF7.jpeg
Views: 242
Size:  28.7 KB
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 02-16-2023 at 09:16 PM.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

22. Likes:

Mitri (02-16-2023)

The Long Run

I Can't Tell You Why

In the City

The Disco Strangler

King of Hollywood

Heartache Tonight

Those Shoes

Teenage Jail

The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks

The Sad Café
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Whew, that’s a tough question. I’ll go with Guns ‘N Roses Use Your Illusion II
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?