Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Prediction on what minor league starting rotations will look like

Prediction on what minor league starting rotations will look like

Here is my projection for where the starting pitchers will be to start the season. I’m not real confident in these picks but it will give you an idea

Louisville

Brandon Williamson
    Levi Stoudt
    Carson Spiers
    Ben Lively
    Connor Overton
    Kyle Glogoski
    Kevin Herget

Wouldn’t surprise me if Andrew Abbott started in AAA. He made 20 starts in Chattanooga last year but didn’t put up great numbers. I think it depends on how he looks this spring

I listed a few extra pitchers for Louisville. I don’t expect Glogoski or Herget to be in the rotation unless there is a taxi squad.

Chattanooga

Connor Phillips
    Joe Boyle
    Christian Roa
    Andrew Abbott
    Lyon Richardson
    Thomas Farr
    Bryce Bonnin (injured)

Is this the year Boyle is moved to the pen? I think they will probably give him some starts and if his BB% don’t improve, move him to the pen. He could have the best “stuff” in the system. If he throws strikes, he’s an ACE

Dayton

Chase Petty
    Javi Rivera
    Julian Aguiar
    Tanner Cooper
    Sam Benschoter
    Steve Hajjar (I’ve heard he may not be ready to start the season but nothing official)

If there is an open rotation spot in Chattanooga, I think Benschoter takes it.

Daytona

Bryce Hubbart
    Ryan Cardinia
    Jose Acuna
    Hunter Parks
    Kenya Huggins

Hubbart could start in Dayton if there is a rotation spot available.

Tom Nichols mentioned that he could see Hunter Parks or Ryan Cardinia in Dayton’s Bullpen. If that happens look for some 2022 draft picks to get a shot.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Prediction on what minor league starting rotations will look like

Why Daytona and not Dayton for Acuna? I think he and Petty make a nice 1-2 punch in a rotation. He threw about 68 innings last season so a bump to 110 seems likely. Maybe he repeats Daytona for April and moves to Dayton in May, they slow him a bit at the break.

I really think the Mets gave the Reds a gift with him, based on results alone. I'd like a real scouting report on him.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Why Daytona and not Dayton for Acuna? I think he and Petty make a nice 1-2 punch in a rotation. He threw about 68 innings last season so a bump to 110 seems likely. Maybe he repeats Daytona for April and moves to Dayton in May, they slow him a bit at the break.

I really think the Mets gave the Reds a gift with him, based on results alone. I'd like a real scouting report on him.
    I like Acuna as well. It's too early to tell, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the best pitcher and maybe best overall guy they got period in all the deals since the end of the 2021 season. OTOH, he may crash and burn in AA like so many others do.
    Last edited by mth123; 02-21-2023 at 07:22 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post

Mostly because the Dayton’s rotation will be loaded. Acuna is young so I think he will start in Daytona then move up when a spot opens.

Turn Off Ads?