Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Favorite beers?

Re: Favorite beers?

We went to Grainworks tonight and it was great. Great beer and great food. My wife both got the Mac and cheese sampler and it was good. She got a couple of the blueberry beers (my blue Heaven) and I got the schwarzbier. Thumbs up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Keep HighGrain (Silverton) and Grainworks (West Chester) separate, RT! I like both a lot though! HighGrain is another kinda like West Side. Everything they make is of quality.
    I made the same mistake with my wife and confused her too. Sorry.
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 02-24-2023 at 11:13 AM. Reason: delete stupid story
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Living in the Denver area, one of the meccas of craft beers, I’m fortunate to be able to sample gallons and gallons of delicious beer. After plenty of studies done, currently (this changes 1-2 times per year), my favorite beer is Odell Drumroll. It’s a great beer. 5.3% Hazy Pale Ale. Great taste, not too heavy, but way tastier than the session ales. If you can find it, I recommend buying enough to fill your 2nd fridge.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

4. Likes:

Sea Ray (02-24-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    When my daughter goes to Kalamazoo for school next year, I'm pretty fired up to spend quite a bit of time with Bells and Founders. Bells has a great tap room right in downtown Kalamazoo.
    Oh yeah, Bells Eccentric Cafe, great place, been there many times

6. Likes:

Boston Red (02-24-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I was at Municipal Brew Works this past Friday and Moeller Brew Barn this past Saturday. Municipal was packed, and should remain packed as long as Spooky Nook continues to draw in people from all over. Moeller was empty by 9pm, unless they are bringing in mad revenues during the day they won't be open in that facility long. There's a great deal of manufacturing and warehouse facilities nearby which might draw in a ton of people at the end of the work day for all I know...but there certainly isn't enough residential supply for late-night.

As far as beer goes, I've sampled hundreds if not thousands of beers at dozens of breweries over the past decade (big fan of flights).

Ales definitely trump lagers IMHO - MadTree Happy Amber is still the winner (Troegg's Hopback Amber, Bell's Amber, 3 Floyd's Smashed Amber, and Flying Dog's bloodline orange Ale distant second, third, fourth, and fifth).
    I live about 5 minutes south of the Moeller facility and I was shocked they took it over. Of course the real appeal of that spot is the capabilities of the brew house. Back when Rivertown owned that place, they were contract brewing for a ton of other brands. Not sure if Moeller has gotten into that side of the business or not. Sort of a shame too, because that taproom is great space.

As for where all the locals go for craft beer, a couple miles north of Monroe on Cin-Day is Fig Leaf and it is generally a bustling little place.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Ice Cold
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

9. Likes:

goreds2 (03-04-2023)

Train derailment spills cases of Coors, Blue Moon beer along Montana river

The train derailed Sunday across the river from Quinn’s Hot Springs Resort in Paradise, spilling the clay and cases of Coors Light and Blue Moon beer, in cans and bottles, the Missoulian reported.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...er/ar-AA19qVX4
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Train derailment spills cases of Coors, Blue Moon beer along Montana river

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...er/ar-AA19qVX4
    Think of all the lucky folks downstream.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

12. Likes:

goreds2 (04-03-2023)

Coors is gross, always has been

That's quite the spill though

14. Likes:

Chip R (04-05-2023)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

If we’re ever in a seedy bar together, I’m buying you a Banquet, and you’re gonna change your tune so hard, you’ll buy me two.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    If we’re ever in a seedy bar together, I’m buying you a Banquet, and you’re gonna change your tune so hard, you’ll buy me two.
    That's the one I'm speaking of. Which leads me to ponder when was the last time I saw a Banquet on tap. I see light occasionally, but here the home team lager is Rainer, or as it's called... Vitamin R

If it wasn't for Coors, we would not have had the cinematic masterpiece that is Smokey and the Bandit.

18. Likes:

dragonoffrost (07-03-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    If it wasn't for Coors, we would not have had the cinematic masterpiece that is Smokey and the Bandit.
    I tried my first one in 1980, in Anaheim... because of that movie I had great hopes.

They were washed away after the first sip

I tried my first one in 1980, in Anaheim... because of that movie I had great hopes.

They were washed away after the first sip
    I'll admit a lot of the appeal was because you could'nt get it east of the Mississippi, but then again all Macro beers taste like sugar water swill

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Ice Cold
    And/or free
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

A few years back, my wife and I took one of the historical brewers tour through OTR. Highly fascinating and I very much recommend it. Cincinnati has a rich and storied beer history.

But one thing they emphasized was how the mega-breweries gamed the market and screwed the local breweries out of business. The tour guy said “I don’t care which beer you drink, just make it local. Mega brews like Budweiser and Coors are the evil empires. Not to mention crappy beers”. So that what I do now, drink local beers. We’re blessed in Cincinnati to have an excellent assortment of great breweries and beers. There are always new breweries opening and the beers just keep getting better.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

23. Likes:

Chip R (04-05-2023),dragonoffrost (07-03-2023),moewan (04-05-2023),redhawkfish (04-04-2023),SunDeck (04-05-2023)

Turn Off Ads?