Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan India: I Want To Be The Guy

Re: Jonathan India: I Want To Be The Guy

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    India only has 2.0 years on ML service. They got him by the ....

- - - Updated - - -

C Trent
    See Dick
    See Jane
    He's arb eligible after this season. He could make it uncomfortable, if he's so inclined. Just to be clear, I'm not saying he is inclined to do so.
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

2. Likes:

GAC (05-30-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    He's arb eligible after this season. He could make it uncomfortable, if he's so inclined. Just to be clear, I'm not saying he is inclined to do so.
    Their ‘active payroll’ right now is $27M. I think they’ll have room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-29-2023)

What is this trading India bull? He's a former 1st Round Pick who won the ROY and is the undisputed leader in the clubhouse of a young building team. The reason the Reds did what they did was to develop our own guys. He should be extended. It will not break the bank. None of the others are proven. If India keeps producing this year he is no doubt proven. Extend the man and keep this ship sailing forward.

7. Likes:

Powder River (05-30-2023),SidneySlicker (05-29-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Their ‘active payroll’ right now is $27M. I think they’ll have room.
    It's not about the payroll room. If the Reds agree with this story and they want to squeeze him off his position upon an EDLC promotion, I could see him feeling disrespected. Odds are, Boras is taking him to Free Agency in 3 years. He can let it be known his destination will be elsewhere. It then puts the Reds in an awkward spot of having a disgruntled player around an incredibly young roster or work with him to find a mutually beneficial destination.

Let's be clear. I don't want India to go anywhere. I'd love for them to find his best defensive position (that's probably a better discussion for the offseason), sign him to an extension and he's part of the next great Reds team.
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

1b Steer
    2b India
    SS McLain
    3b EDLC
    DH CES

That seems the obvious solution.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    1b Steer
    2b India
    SS McLain
    3b EDLC
    DH CES

India is booty defensively at 2B. It’s not the obvious solution.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInMS View Post
    What is this trading India bull? He's a former 1st Round Pick who won the ROY and is the undisputed leader in the clubhouse of a young building team. The reason the Reds did what they did was to develop our own guys. He should be extended. It will not break the bank. None of the others are proven. If India keeps producing this year he is no doubt proven. Extend the man and keep this ship sailing forward.
    The Reds plan is to churn players and "save money" so India getting dealt seems likely, he's about to get expensive and the Reds are rolling in prospects who play the same spots.
    Go Gators!

12. Likes:

UK Reds Fan (05-30-2023)

IF these other infield prospects (Elly, CES, Marte) pan out like projected, along with McLain (whose seen as a future 2Bman), there's no room in this infield for India. So not denying his offensive contributions, as well as his leadership, what do you do with him? Just throw him in the OF, a position he's never played? Or do you consider trading one of those prospects, some sort of package deal for pitching, to make a home for India in the infield? But then you're back to square one and India's sub-par infield defense. His offense makes one look the other way at his defense.

Plus if they trade India they're going to have to take down all those pictures of his mug as the new image of the Reds on US 75 and 71 (lol)
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    1b Steer
    2b India
    SS McLain
    3b EDLC
    DH CES

Fixed:
    1b Steer
    2b McLain
    SS EDLC
    3b India
    DH CES

Seems too obvious not to move India to his natural position.

That defense is plenty solid enough. You have two bonified SS's up the middle, and average guys on the corners. And CES can play the field, too, so the DH spot can rotate around as needed to spread out the rest. India can get a decent amount of time at DH with CES or Steer at 3b as needed.

OBP doesn't grow on trees, and the Reds need more talent, not less...so the trade India nonsense is disheartening.

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (05-30-2023),mth123 (05-30-2023),OesterPoster (05-30-2023),Powder River (05-30-2023),UK Reds Fan (05-30-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    The Reds plan is to churn players and "save money" so India getting dealt seems likely, he's about to get expensive and the Reds are rolling in prospects who play the same spots.
    What if these prospects suck? India shouldn't be that expensive. Oh, I forgot the Reds are a bunch of cheapskates.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInMS View Post
    What if these prospects suck? India shouldn't be that expensive. Oh, I forgot the Reds are a bunch of cheapskates.
    If the prospects suck then the Reds are doomed anyway.

18. Likes:

BoxingRed (06-02-2023),Old school 1983 (05-30-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    IF these other infield prospects (Elly, CES, Marte) pan out like projected, along with McLain (whose seen as a future 2Bman), there's no room in this infield for India. So not denying his offensive contributions, as well as his leadership, what do you do with him? Just throw him in the OF, a position he's never played? Or do you consider trading one of those prospects, some sort of package deal for pitching, to make a home for India in the infield? But then you're back to square one and India's sub-par infield defense. His offense makes one look the other way at his defense.

Plus if they trade India they're going to have to take down all those pictures of his mug as the new image of the Reds on US 75 and 71 (lol)
    Marte is in AA. For this year, I move India to 3B. Worry about Marte when he gets here. CES - DH, Steer 1B, McLain 2B, EDLC SS, India 3B. That should happen as soon as immediately. I'd go ahead and swap India and Senzel between 2B and 3B right now and get India established at 3B. Senzel moves to the OF once EDLC arrives.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Marte is in AA. For this year, I move India to 3B. Worry about Marte when he gets here. CES - DH, Steer 1B, McLain 2B, EDLC SS, India 3B. That should happen as soon as immediately. I'd go ahead and swap India and Senzel between 2B and 3B right now and get India established at 3B. Senzel moves to the OF once EDLC arrives.
    Yep, Barrero was once Marte...a top 100 prospect playing really well in AA. You make room for him only when/if he is ready to be called up. in the meantime, the Reds need major league players, ie India.

21. Likes:

mth123 (05-30-2023),Powder River (05-30-2023)

Not that we couldn’t see this infield log jam coming a mile off. I’m good with drafting the best player available. Talent almost always trumps all. But these kinds of situations will happen with that approach.

India is an average to above average player with great leadership intangibles. I like him as a Red. He’s a likable player. But it seems the guys coming up have more ability than India does (not to slight India, it seems the young guys are very talented).

It’s a conundrum and, in cold blood, it the Reds were smart, they’d trade him while he is playing well for a good return. I don’t know where he fits.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

23. Likes:

BoxingRed (06-02-2023),cumberlandreds (05-30-2023),pahster (06-06-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    Fixed:
    1b Steer
    2b McLain
    SS EDLC
    3b India
    DH CES

Seems too obvious not to move India to his natural position.

That defense is plenty solid enough. You have two bonified SS's up the middle, and average guys on the corners. And CES can play the field, too, so the DH spot can rotate around as needed to spread out the rest. India can get a decent amount of time at DH with CES or Steer at 3b as needed.

OBP doesn't grow on trees, and the Reds need more talent, not less...so the trade India nonsense is disheartening.
    From Redsminorleauges--November 9 2018 and is pretty spot on:

Jonathan India Scouting Report
    Hitting | Jonathan India can and does use the entire field. And he can hit the ball hard to all parts of the field, too. The hit tool is average to slightly above-average.

Power | This is where Jonathan India could shine offensively. He’s got above-average power potential. He’s strong and can hit the ball out to all fields, and should be able to tap into it quickly.

Speed | He’s got average to slightly above-average speed.

Defense | At third base he’s an above-average defender.

Arm | He’s got an above-average arm.

Offensively there’s a corner profile for Jonathan India. He’s got power that will play, he’ll draw walks thanks to a good understanding of the strikezone, and he should hit for a solid average. He doesn’t make tons of contact, though strikeouts aren’t a big issue. But that is an area that could keep his hit tool from playing up in the long term.

The defensive side of things is a bit more interesting when it comes to Jonathan India. He has primarily played third base in college and in his short time as a professional. The Cincinnati Reds dabbled with his playing time at shortstop a few times during the year. And he played there a few times at Florida, too. Most scouts believe that he could slide over to second base and hold that position down just fine. No one has any doubts that he can handle the hot corner and do so very well.

25. Likes:

CaiGuy (05-30-2023),mth123 (05-30-2023)

Turn Off Ads?