Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan India: I Want To Be The Guy

Re: Jonathan India: I Want To Be The Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I see Senzel as a super sub...Steer might be one too. Unless they play so well that it's tough to bench them
    Senzel is going to be second year arb eligible and probably cost over $5 Million next year. My guess is that this is his last year in Cincinnati. Steer looks like the 1B to me. Hits well enough and looks really good in the field there.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I don't think its Senzel. Its the people on Redszone spreading the nutty theory that he can only hit if he plays 3B.
    I've never said that. It's just that he is an infielder by trade, and plays a far better 3B then OF. It's where he's better suited IMO. But I have no issues with them platooning him when someone steps forward to supplant him at 3B, or he's needed in CF. I know Steer plays 3B, but 1B has become more his home.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Senzel is going to be second year arb eligible and probably cost over $5 Million next year. My guess is that this is his last year in Cincinnati. Steer looks like the 1B to me. Hits well enough and looks really good in the field there.
    It will be interesting to see if Senzel continues to have a solid year at the plate and at 3B. I wouldn't be surprised, nor opposed, to the Reds retaining him thru arb for around that. They can easily afford it. And no one has yet stepped forward and laid solid claim to 3B. It appears they want that to be Marte's future home. But, IMO, that's not a high price to pay to continue some security at 3B (who also is versatile).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quite the internet fight going on currently between C. Trent and Kirk Herbstreit on twitter over the article C. Trent wrote.

https://twitter.com/kirkherbstreit/s...630522898?s=12

Never told you how to do your job-i don’t even know who you are.
    I’m a fan who loves his team you’re a troll looking for attention.
    Hustle back to creating clicks and causing trouble!
    - - - Updated - - -

Herbie’s taking a beating in the comments from the CTrent squad. I mean Kirk is off-base on a few things but I agree with the broad point that we are no where near a “We must Trade India” scenario. Which is what Trent craftily stirred up.

7. Likes:

GAC (06-02-2023),NebraskaRed (06-01-2023),Old school 1983 (06-01-2023),RollyInRaleigh (06-01-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I've never said that. It's just that he is an infielder by trade, and plays a far better 3B then OF. It's where he's better suited IMO. But I have no issues with them platooning him when someone steps forward to supplant him at 3B, or he's needed in CF. I know Steer plays 3B, but 1B has become more his home.
    They’ve done him no favors moving him all over the place. There is something to be said for being comfortable in a position that you know and have played a lot. Every player cannot perform at their best when being move all over the place. Some can...but I’d say most will not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes:

GAC (06-02-2023)

The entire back and forth is embarrassing for everyone involved.

Having said that, C Trent is incredibly thin skinned.

11. Likes:

Chip R (06-06-2023),Rdirtypirates (06-02-2023),Ron Madden (06-02-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Herbie’s taking a beating in the comments from the CTrent squad. I mean Kirk is off-base on a few things but I agree with the broad point that we are no where near a “We must Trade India” scenario. Which is what Trent craftily stirred up.
    I’d have to agree with Herbstreet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-01-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Like could the Reds trade him….sure. Must they. No. Easiest solution is to just put EDLC at 3b and Senzel in LF. Figure out the big picture in the off-season

15. Likes:

GAC (06-02-2023),goreds2 (06-02-2023),WrongVerb (06-01-2023)

I don't have a Twitter account. Redszone is enough! LOL

17. Likes:

goreds2 (06-02-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    The entire back and forth is embarrassing for everyone involved.

Having said that, C Trent is incredibly thin skinned.
    The thing that is irritating is he keeps saying to read the article that isn’t what he meant. It is exactly what the article said, and it was definitely click bait nonsense.

I really like India leading off but not convinced him batting third is the right spot in the order for him. Am I wrong?

His energy leading off the game and then when the lineup turns over just feels like the right spot so far this year.

I think he moves to lead-off when EDLC and CES are here. This line up looks pretty damn tough.

India
    Friedl
    McLain
    Steer
    EDLC
    Fraley/Senzel
    CES
    Right Fielder
    Stephenson

I agree on Senzel. I think CES will figure into 1B

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armo21 View Post
    I really like India leading off but not convinced him batting third is the right spot in the order for him. Am I wrong?

His energy leading off the game and then when the lineup turns over just feels like the right spot so far this year.

I think he moves to lead-off when EDLC and CES are here. This line up looks pretty damn tough.

India
    Friedl
    McLain
    Steer
    EDLC
    Fraley/Senzel
    CES
    Right Fielder
    Stephenson
    It seems to me that he's been a DP machine hitting 3rd. Small sample size and all...

I think EDLC needs to hit higher given his speed

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I agree on Senzel. I think CES will figure into 1B

- - - Updated - - -

It seems to me that he's been a DP machine hitting 3rd. Small sample size and all...

I think EDLC needs to hit higher given his speed
    Agree about EDLC with his speed. Just thought they would keep the pressure off him to start. Bat him lower in the lineup and let him ease into MLB.

Here we go!

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    ·
    26s
    Jonathan India is taking some grounders at third today during BP. He has done that a few times recently.

23. Likes:

Benihana (06-05-2023),NebraskaRed (06-05-2023),Old school 1983 (06-05-2023),RedTeamGo! (06-05-2023),Ron Madden (06-05-2023)

Turn Off Ads?