Thread: Jonathan India: I Want To Be The Guy

Re: Jonathan India: I Want To Be The Guy

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    Here we go!

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    ·
    26s
    Jonathan India is taking some grounders at third today during BP. He has done that a few times recently.
    I've been waiting for this. Something like this had to happen before Elly is called up

2. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-05-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Cincinnati Reds' Jonathan India Praises Top Prospect Elly De La Cruz
    As the Cincinnati Reds continue their youth movement this season, the most anticipated call-up of all has yet to happen:

Elly De La Cruz. The walking highlight reel is close to a call up and even his future teammates are excited.

Even his future major league teammates are excited to see him join the club eventually. Jonathan India was on the Chris Rose podcast through Jomboy Media and discussed his skills HERE:

"It's going to be special. He is an unbelievable talent overall. He's got all the tools, he's got six tools honestly. When you get up to the big leagues, it's a different baseball game though..."

See Story Here:
    https://www.si.com/fannation/mlb/fas...lly-de-la-cruz

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    Here we go!

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    ·
    26s
    Jonathan India is taking some grounders at third today during BP. He has done that a few times recently.
    Obvious it should happen. I'd be shocked if he's not thrilled with it if that's what happens. Best for the team and best for India.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Designated hitter – First baseman – Left fielder – Right fielder – Third baseman – Center fielder – Second baseman – Shortstop

7. Likes:

pahster (06-06-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Obvious it should happen. I'd be shocked if he's not thrilled with it if that's what happens. Best for the team and best for India.
    IMO, if this were true, he would be playing 3B already. It certainly benefits the Reds
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

India having his Pete Rose moment? Moving to third base to make room for a young prospect and big bat. Love it! And I've seen enough of Senzel. He's giving the Reds a gift in providing some trade value. Trade him now- for anyone- while you can.

10. Likes:

mth123 (06-05-2023),RedTeamGo! (06-05-2023)

I'd like to trade Senzel for Jo Adell. Adell could be the next Jose Guillen for us.
    Go BLUE!!!

Between the minors and majors, India has played more games at 3B than at 2B (345 vs 313) but more innings at 2b than at 3B (2,523.2 vs 1,284).

13. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-05-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix2 View Post
    India having his Pete Rose moment? Moving to third base to make room for a young prospect and big bat. Love it! And I've seen enough of Senzel. He's giving the Reds a gift in providing some trade value. Trade him now- for anyone- while you can.
    I agree with the second part of this. India had his Pete Rose moment when he moved to 2B in the first place. India was a 3B. The team decided to try Suarez at SS and move Moose off of 2B back to 3B where he belonged. That opened up 2B, so India volunteered as a way to make the big-league roster. People act like India was a 2B all along. He was always a 3B.

The Reds had a whole team of 3B. Suarez, Moose, India, Senzel, Castellanos playing all over the field. Only Winker, Votto and teh Catcher's weren't 3B coming up.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I agree with the second part of this. India had his Pete Rose moment when he moved to 2B in the first place. India was a 3B. The team decided to try Suarez at SS and move Moose off of 2B back to 3B where he belonged. That opened up 2B, so India volunteered as a way to make the big-league roster. People act like India was a 2B all along. He was always a 3B.

The Reds had a whole team of 3B. Suarez, Moose, India, Senzel, Castellanos playing all over the field. Only Winker, Votto and teh Catcher's weren't 3B coming up.
    Castellanos came up as a 3B but he’s been an OF for some time. And he was real bad at 3B.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Castellanos came up as a 3B but he’s been an OF for some time. And he was real bad at 3B.
    Yeah, I remember waching him with Detroit. He was brutal at 3B. He's kind of brutal everywhere except at the plate.

17. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-05-2023)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

For the record, Votto played 19 games at 3b in rookie ball in 2002.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

19. Likes:

mth123 (06-05-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    For the record, Votto played 19 games at 3b in rookie ball in 2002.
    Even better, 7 games as a catcher!

How Cincinnati Reds expect Christian Encarnacion-Strand to keep lineup stronger longer
    Reds second baseman Jonathan India got spiked in a game June 2. He also homered that day and drove in three runs the next day without missing an inning.

He got spiked again in Houston two weeks later, shrugged off the blood, insisted nothing so trivial could keep him out of the lineup and that he intended to play every game this year. Then he hit a two-run homer in his first at-bat the next day.

On Wednesday, India rested.

Not that he was given much of a choice.

“I hate it,” India said. “I guess [it’s] a mental break. … I’ll be ready tomorrow.

It’s the first game India has missed, having entered the day in a three-way tie for the major-league lead with 96 games played.

“I know he doesn’t see much of a need for it,” Bell said, “but I do think being rested properly and performance can be connected. I think it’ll benefit him.”

If that’s the case, then consider it part of the CES Effect, the Reds’ plan for rotating off days for literally every regular, every week to 10 days or so, as a ripple impact of getting newly promoted prospect Christian Encarnacion-Strand regular time at first base, third base and designated hitter.

“It’s always his call,” India said, referring to Bell. “We just have a ton of athletes on this team. This team is special. Everyone’s young. Everyone plays the game the right way. It’s good to have that problem with the team. It’s definitely cool to be part of.”

Even if it eventually means taking that mental day once in a while.

"We'll we how it turns out" Bell said.

continue reading here
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...er/ar-AA1e62EA
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 07-20-2023 at 12:26 PM.

22. Likes:

GAC (07-21-2023),goreds2 (07-20-2023),TRF (07-21-2023)

Turn Off Ads?