Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MLB Pipeline Reds Top 30

Re: MLB Pipeline Reds Top 30

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    We disagree again.

The Reds have quietly had some real success developing pitching over the past three or four seasons. Lots of fans don't seem to notice that and instead hearken back to other pitching coaches and other plans. Ashcraft, Diaz, Antone, even Santillan and Sanmartin have shown to be viable arms as either starters or relievers over the past few seasons.

That, IMO, bodes pretty well for the Williamsons, Stoudts, et al. Again, they don't have to be great-- they just have to be serviceable.
    The Reds claim to be able to develop pitching now. I've noticed that they approach the task with more care and caution than they did in the past. Also, we don't know how the rule changes will affect pitching. Pitchability, whatever that means, could be more important and power fast balls could be less important. Pitchers would likely be higher on lists if the Reds didn't have so many good position prospects that have been highly rated in the past. I think Phillips, in particular, is underrated.

BPA looks like the best choice in a deep draft.

2. Likes:

HokieRed (03-03-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent

Reds are off today. I forgot to post this video of Cam Collier I took the other day. Dude can swing it

watch:
    https://twitter.com/ctrent/status/16...DT0dvn5aMtAAAA

5. Likes:

RiverRat13 (03-02-2023)

That swing is so smooth. Love it.

Turn Off Ads?