Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: who's your pick to click this season?

Re: who's your pick to click this season?

I'm gonna go with Jake Fraley as my pick to click this season with Jose Barrero coming in a very close 2nd.

(I really wanna pick both of'em)

2. Likes:

757690 (03-18-2023),mth123 (03-18-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I'm gonna go with Jake Fraley as my pick to click this season with Jose Barrero coming in a very close 2nd.

I'm already kind of figuring on Fraley being productive. I took this as more who emerges from the pack. I picked Benson, but I agree with your choice of Barrero. The next question might be which SS moves to CF. Barrero or De La Cruz? I think they both could be very good big leaguers.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Cessa hasn't been used all that much in the WBC. He might end up in the pen to build up innings as a middle relief guy in the early going. This would, in turn, help the bullpen get its sea legs a bit in the early going. (Of course, it also puts Overton in a position wherein the club has to depend on him-- not good, Jim. Not good at all.)

Cincinnati desperately needs a fifth starter candidate to get released so they can swoop in and sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Cessa hasn't been used all that much in the WBC. He might end up in the pen to build up innings as a middle relief guy in the early going. This would, in turn, help the bullpen get its sea legs a bit in the early going. (Of course, it also puts Overton in a position wherein the club has to depend on him-- not good, Jim. Not good at all.)

Cincinnati desperately needs a fifth starter candidate to get released so they can swoop in and sign him.
    I think Cessa in the pen is the best case scenario for this team. They are going to need competent pen innings every day and they don't have enough competent bodies. Cessa would help a lot. I agree with the idea of getting some team's guy caught in a numbers game. I think Chase Anderson could be a dark horse for the 5th spot. He has a history with Johnson.

Greene, Lodolo, Ashcraft, Weaver, Anderson or Overton (or somebody they pick-up)

Diaz, Cessa, Farmer, Sims, Gibaut, Kuhnel, Sanmartin, Sousa. When Santillan comes back, he and Cessa make the middle of the pen look a lot better than it looks now with him on the IL and Cessa penciled in the rotation.

Speaking of Santillan, is there any timeline for him?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

topsyt

Nick Krall-Trades some of our young redundancy for players who can contribute now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post

Barrero had a good game last night, with one AB standing out. He took a 2-2 slider low and away for ball 3, then proceeded earn a walk. Last year he was swinging at the 2-2 pitch and striking out.

It’s just one AB, but hopefully a sign that his pitch recognition has improved. If it has, he could be a legit starting SS with his defense.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

9. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-18-2023)

Turn Off Ads?