Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: What will it take for Reds fans to forgive the Castellinis?

Re: What will it take for Reds fans to forgive the Castellinis?

As far as a hypothetical sale would go - how would that be voted on by the current shareholders (and the controlling share)?

Ex. The majority of shareholders agree to cash out and sell, but Jeff Wyler dissents - would it just be the controlling share that decides his fate, a majority of shares, or other?

And this doesn’t have to be a sale to someone who wants to move, just a new owner who wants the whole kit and kaboodle.

2. Likes:

Chip R (03-22-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    As far as a hypothetical sale would go - how would that be voted on by the current shareholders (and the controlling share)?

Ex. The majority of shareholders agree to cash out and sell, but Jeff Wyler dissents - would it just be the controlling share that decides his fate, a majority of shares, or other?

And this doesn’t have to be a sale to someone who wants to move, just a new owner who wants the whole kit and kaboodle.
    A lot of the smaller investors stay in the ownership group through the sales. I'm certain there were owners who spanned the 80's to 2000's

5. Likes:

Chip R (03-23-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

He’d retain his non-voting share, the controllable share could still be sold. For each minority owner who stays it would depress the total sale amount by x dollars.

The Reds have had a lot of minority owners throughout my entire life, yet have been sold numerous times.

What was that show? Black Mirror, I think?

Where the Prime Minister was a real p.o.s. and he was forced to have sex with a sheep on live tv.

If Phil goes that extra mile, that would be a good start to the healing process.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

8. Likes:

CesarGeronimo (03-22-2023),REDREAD (03-27-2023),Tommyjohn25 (03-23-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post

Where the Prime Minister was a real p.o.s. and he was forced to have sex with a sheep on live tv.

Too much?
    It would make a hell of a bobblehead

10. Likes:

Bob Sheed (03-22-2023),CesarGeronimo (03-22-2023),Gainesville Red (03-22-2023)

If Phil goes that extra mile, that would be a good start to the healing process.
    I think it was a pig
    What would you say.....ya do here?

12. Likes:

Bob Sheed (03-22-2023),dreghorntwo (03-23-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think it was a pig
    That would work. If Phil does another groundbreaking presentation for the Rosie Reds, but this time, instead of a tone deaf insulting PowerPoint, Phil would fornicate with a pig.

Let the healing begin.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

14. Likes:

CesarGeronimo (03-23-2023),RedTeamGo! (03-22-2023)

That would work. If Phil does another groundbreaking presentation for the Rosie Reds, but this time, instead of a tone deaf insulting PowerPoint, Phil would fornicate with a pig.

Let the healing begin.
    I stated early in this thread I’m not going to forgive them but this would change my tune.

16. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (03-23-2023)

Let the healing begin.
    In the show the POL does the pig, most Reds fans would probably want the reverse.

18. Likes:

Bob Sheed (03-22-2023)

dp
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 03-22-2023 at 10:50 PM.

People can wish and dream all they want. The Castellini's aren't selling. You're wasting your time and energy. Sure, Bob has proven an incompetent owner, and Phil is a pompous jerk. It would be easy to spite the team due to it's ownership, especially Phil. I'd encourage everyone to look at it from a perspective of us fans deserve a winner rather than the Castellini's. Better to drop the spite and just hope they figure out how to run a small market team successfully. Tom Benson was the worst NFL owner for years and years, until they figured it out and got it right. I think some are being purposely obtuse in looking past some of the young talented players and bright spots of this organization out of spite. I'm not going to tell anyone how to fan, but don't tell me there aren't things about the future of the Reds to be extremely excited about.
    Last edited by SidneySlicker; 03-23-2023 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    People can wish and dream all they want. The Castellini's aren't selling. You're wasting your time and energy. Sure, Bob has proven an incompetent owner, and Phil is a pompous jerk. It would be easy to spite the team due to it's ownership, especially Phil. I'd encourage everyone to look at it from a perspective of us fans deserve a winner rather than the Castellini's. Better to drop the spite and just hope they figure out how to run a small market team successfully. Tom Benson was the worst NFL owner for years and years, until they figured it out and got it right. I think some are being purposely obtuse in looking past some of the young talented players and bright spots of this organization out of spite. I'm not going to tell anyone how to fan, but don't tell me there aren't things about the future of the Reds to be extremely excited about.
    The Castellinis are only part of the problem. The bigger part is the economic disparities in MLB. Look at our history here in Cincinnati. Another owner will not start spending like the SD Padres. Oh course management could be better and we could improve our face of the franchise (Phil C) but we're still going to have a sub $150Mill payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The Castellinis are only part of the problem. The bigger part is the economic disparities in MLB. Look at our history here in Cincinnati. Another owner will not start spending like the SD Padres. Oh course management could be better and we could improve our face of the franchise (Phil C) but we're still going to have a sub $150Mill payroll.
    I agree, it's why I've been pining for years for this Reds organization to follow the Indians/Guardians blueprint of winning. The Reds would go halfway and then reverse course and it resulted in the worst possible result. Constant rebuilding, rather than constant reloading. I think they've started to figure out the blueprint, now hopefully they can continue to execute.
    Last edited by SidneySlicker; 03-23-2023 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Mr. Castellini,

Nobody is asking you to spend like the Padres, Mets, Yankees or Dodgers.

All we want is for you to stop pocketing every nickel you can get your greedy hands on.

24. Likes:

Bob Sheed (03-23-2023),HammerTime (03-24-2023),mth123 (03-23-2023),REDREAD (03-27-2023),Tony Cloninger (03-23-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Mr. Castellini,

Nobody is asking you to spend like the Padres, Mets, Yankees or Dodgers.

All we want is for you to stop pocketing every nickel you can get your greedy hands on.
    Exactly. There's two issues here.

Issue 1 is the economic disparity between teams.

Issue 2 is that Reds ownership is using issue 1 as an excuse to not even try, and instead just milk the organization and fan base.

Issue 2 is the bigger problem, as a Reds fan.

26. Likes:

Chip R (03-23-2023),HammerTime (03-24-2023),MoneyInTheBank (03-23-2023),REDREAD (03-27-2023),RedTeamGo! (03-23-2023),Ron Madden (03-23-2023)

Turn Off Ads?