Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Question about Riverbend seating

Question about Riverbend seating

Thinking about seeing a concert at Riverbend this summer. Never been there.
    It's expensive. there's some tickets in sections 100 and 300 that are "obstructed view" ..
    These are towards the side of the stadium seating.
    Does any one know approximately how obstructed these are?
    I know it will vary depending on the seat, was just wondering if anyone ever tried these, and if so, can you see anything or is it so awful that it's not worth it?
    I would assume that you could at least see some of the stage and I assume there's TV screens showing the show (is this the case or not)?
    So basically.. should I get an obstructed view seat up front or get a pavillion seat in the back.
    Tickets are kind of pricy, I don't need a premium view.. Thanks.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Question about Riverbend seating

Pillars that hold up the Pavilion IIRC, been years since I've been there

4. Likes:

Chip R (03-13-2023),REDREAD (03-06-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Thinking about seeing a concert at Riverbend this summer. Never been there.
    It's expensive. there's some tickets in sections 100 and 300 that are "obstructed view" ..
    These are towards the side of the stadium seating.
    Does any one know approximately how obstructed these are?
    I know it will vary depending on the seat, was just wondering if anyone ever tried these, and if so, can you see anything or is it so awful that it's not worth it?
    I would assume that you could at least see some of the stage and I assume there's TV screens showing the show (is this the case or not)?
    So basically.. should I get an obstructed view seat up front or get a pavillion seat in the back.
    Tickets are kind of pricy, I don't need a premium view.. Thanks.
    As WOY said it would be the pillars that hold up the stage. If I had to guess they would be all the way on the right or left side. Its probably one of those things that are hit or miss.

If you buy a lawn ticket, its first come first serve. You basically end up "watching" the band on the big screen. I haven't sat in the lawn in years (my wife doesn't care for lawn seats) but you are with the masses. If you don't care about watching the band, just want to hear the music, lawn is fine. If you actually want to see the band perform, an actual seat is best.

6. Likes:

REDREAD (03-06-2023)

thanks everyone.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Just saw this post. Here is where you can see what you’re view is.

https://riverbend.org/venue-info/venue-map

I think we sat in the 300 section once. The view wasn’t obstructed by anything in the venue but performers and maybe stage monitors get in the way. We had a real good view of Neil Young’s bass player. But they were good seats.
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 03-06-2023 at 06:09 PM.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

9. Likes:

REDREAD (03-13-2023)

I broke my ankle on the lawn in the rain at Neil Young in 1988

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I broke my ankle on the lawn in the rain at Neil Young in 1988
    Hoho. We might have been at that show. We had season tickets in the summer of 1988 when my wife was pregnant with our first. Made it nice for me in that I had a designated driver but sucked for her. I think I got the hint after the first show we went to that she wasn’t happy with my consumption.

If memory serves me correct, we saw Neil Young, Heart, John Fogerty, Huey Lewis, and I think Chicago. That summer was pretty much my swan song for going to lots of concerts. Children started happening.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

12. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-06-2023),westofyou (03-06-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Just saw this post. Here is where you can see what you’re view is.

https://riverbend.org/venue-info/venue-map

I think we sat in the 300 section once. The view wasn’t obstructed by anything in the venue but performers and maybe stage monitors get in the way. We had a real good view of Neil Young’s bass player. But they were good seats.
    that's awesome, thanks Roy... I risked it and got one of those semi-obstructed seats, looks like my view is going to be good. Thanks

Turn Off Ads?