Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Would you be favor of fans here acting like other countries ' fans do?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 45.45%
  • No

12 54.55%

Thread: Noise or not?

Noise or not?

If you have been watching the WBC or watch Korean, Japanese or especially Caribbean baseball you know the fans are active participants during the game with singing, noisemakers and horns playing. It's very similar to a soccer game. However, fans in the U.S. and Canada don't do that. My question is, would you like it if fans started more actively participate in games like fans in other countries do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-11-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Noise or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If you have been watching the WBC or watch Korean, Japanese or especially Caribbean baseball you know the fans are active participants during the game with singing, noisemakers and horns playing. It's very similar to a soccer game. However, fans in the U.S. and Canada don't do that. My question is, would you like it if fans started more actively participate in games like fans in other countries do?
    I've never really thought about that, don't know for sure if I'd like it or not hell, the Woo Birds get on my nerves. (haha)

But I do like loud cheering celebration when the home team does something special in all sports
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 03-11-2023 at 08:29 PM.

I enjoy fun, and they are having a lot of it.

6. Likes:

757690 (03-12-2023),goreds2 (03-12-2023),Ron Madden (03-11-2023),Tom Servo (03-12-2023)

Oakland has the drums, I like them when I am there

8. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (03-12-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Oakland has the drums, I like them when I am there
    I don't know if CLE still has the guy with the bass drum. I know they have had a roving horn combo in the stands at Wrigley. Back in the day, the Brooklyn Dodgers had their own little band in the stands the Sym-Phoney. Also Hilda with the cowbell. So there is precedence. But I think these other countries take it to another level.

I honestly don't know how I'd feel. The fans there sure seem to be having fun. On the other hand, I could see where it could be annoying.
    Last edited by Chip R; 03-12-2023 at 12:58 PM.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I don't know if CLE still has the guy with the bass drum.
    I think he passed away over the Winter

11. Likes:

Chip R (03-13-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I think he passed away over the Winter
    He did

https://www.cleveland.com/guardians/...ead-at-71.html

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if CLE still has the guy with the bass drum. I know they have had a roving horn combo in the stands at Wrigley. Back in the day, the Brooklyn Dodgers had their own little band in the stands the Sym-Phoney. Also Hilda with the cowbell. So there is precedence. But I think these other countries take it to another level.

I honestly don't know how I'd feel. The fans there sure seem to be having fun. On the other hand, I could see where it could be annoying.
    Moderation is key

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-12-2023)

I think they should have Ariana DeBose rap out the starting lineups before each game.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    I enjoy fun, and they are having a lot of it.
    Fun is great, but that Cuban dude with the horn needs to be fired into the Sun.

I turned the opening game off between Netherlands Cuba within 15 minutes of it starting because of that guy.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Yeah, could be exciting I suppose

Problem with the woo crew is that it just sounds like a bunch of drunken yokels being obnoxious. It’s not like, particularly festive or actually fun the way a more coordinated deal like the overseas fans have got going on.

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-12-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Fun is great, but that Cuban dude with the horn needs to be fired into the Sun.

I turned the opening game off between Netherlands Cuba within 15 minutes of it starting because of that guy.
    It just takes one guy like that. I may not listen to live mlb games this year if that shady ray's ad is back after every half inning

Guardians to Honor Superfan/Drummer John Adams with Memorial Patch

If you ever attended an MLB game in Cleveland from 1973 through 2019, you’re probably familiar with John Adams, a superfan who attended nearly every Cleveland home game during that span and was known for bringing a big bass drum that he banged from his spot in the bleachers.

Adams has been recognized and honored by the team in various ways over the years: He’s thrown out the first pitch; hit the first pitch with his drum; said, “Play ball!” via video when health issues prevented him from attending a playoff game; been immortalized on a bobblehead doll; and more.

But when the Guardians play their home opener on Friday, they’ll give Adams, who died in January, an even greater honor: They’ll wear a memorial patch for him on that day, and again on Aug. 24, the 50th anniversary of his first game with the drum. Here’s a look at the patch design:

continue reading here:
    https://uni-watch.com/2023/04/05/gua...emorial-patch/

20. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-08-2023),goreds2 (04-08-2023)

Aristocratic Hoosier

Ballpark live music is hardly new. The old Kansas City Monarchs of the Negro Leagues took their own lights, jugglers and jazz band with them on the road. The game was part of the show in the day when the only way they got paid was to pass the hat.
    As a grumpy old person, I prefer less noise and more baseball, but depending on the tune, the Jumbotron is enough for me. Noisemakers -- nah. I have already stopped at the everybody-clap-your-hands guy for fans who are too dense to do anything they aren't told to do.

Degenerates who go 'wooooooooooooo' in the 8th inning of a game when only 2,000 fans are left should be told to leave and never return.
    Last edited by j.u.FAIRFIIELD; 04-08-2023 at 01:57 PM.

Turn Off Ads?