Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1000

Thread: NBA 2022-23 Part 3: Big Buck Hunters

Re: NBA 2022-23 Part 3: Big Buck Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Nobody is trading a good forward for Simons. Nobody is trading an average forward for Simons. The Blazers will take the best player they can get for Simons + the #23 pick (plus a future protected 1st, if necessary).
    What's the point of that? Won't make them anywhere close to good. If they can't add a couple of impact players around Dame, then they'll be wasting Dame's best remaining years.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-22-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Sounds like it's alive again. Though it's Smart heading out to the Grizz, Tyus Jones going to DC and 2 1st round picks plus Porzingis heading to Boston. I assume there's got to be other salary moves on the Celtics' part (Gallinari plus maybe Grant Williams in a sign-and-trade in there).
    I’m not sure how Boston got 2 firsts out of the deal but good for them.

That’s a nice trade for Boston if KP can stay healthy. Gives them a lot of lineup flexibility and I think Smart is close to cooked so good time to sell. That said they are now banking on KP and Brogdan to be major contributors and they aren’t exactly the vision of health and Horford is super old and still has to play a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I’m not sure how Boston got 2 firsts out of the deal but good for them.

That’s a nice trade for Boston if KP can stay healthy. Gives them a lot of lineup flexibility and I think Smart is close to cooked so good time to sell. That said they are now banking on KP and Brogdan to be major contributors and they aren’t exactly the vision of health and Horford is super old and still has to play a lot too.
    Problem is he is only good for 60-65 games per season though which by load mgmt. standards isn't awful. My concern is he had a tough time fitting as a 2nd option in Dallas as Luka is so ball dominant how is he going to fit in with Brown and Tatum. Also odd to see him opt in to the 36 million 1 yr deal given his injury history, makes me wonder if another deal is going to happen.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Dallas wants no part of Ayton and that contract...I know they were in on Capela for a bit but Atl only wanted to give up Collins.

I do know that Dallas is all in on the Grant Williams sign and trade...so maybe that is the other shoe to drop here on the Boston deal.
    FWIW, the other proposed deal floating around doesn’t require the Mavs to give up their 1st round pick: THJ Jr, Bullock and McGee for Ayton.

Either way, I am not sure that I would deplete their depth to land Ayton, intriguing pick-and-roll partner for Luka that he is. It just sounds like a Cuban type move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    What's the point of that? Won't make them anywhere close to good. If they can't add a couple of impact players around Dame, then they'll be wasting Dame's best remaining years.
    I found John Hollinger's take on Portland amusing:

https://theathletic.com/4626572/2023...023-hollinger/

The Blazers staying stuck in the Win It For Dame Twilight Zone remains one of the league’s most bizarre sub-plots. The obvious move for years now has been to trade Damian Lillard for a pile of assets and move forward, but the Blazers seem determined to learn absolutely nothing from the Bradley Beal Experience in Washington.

Instead, they’re watching a potentially Paul Georgian trade return steadily shrivel while they pursue another year of competing for the first 60 games and tanking the last 20. Maybe they’ll wait a couple more years, until Lillard is 35 and has two years left at $60 million a pop, then trade him for two seconds and the rights to the fourth-best player in the Greek second division.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

8. Likes:

M2 (06-22-2023),Revering4Blue (06-22-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I found John Hollinger's take on Portland amusing:

https://theathletic.com/4626572/2023...023-hollinger/
    That is exactly the direction they're heading.

They blew any chance they had of rebuilding around Dame when they signed the Simons and Nurkic extensions. Now they've got two albatross contracts on guys nobody really wants (at least at their current prices). And they'll probably throw money at some combination of Grant, Reddish, Thybulle and Winslow, and then wonder why they keep getting the same results. Unless Sharpe goes supernova, none of what they're doing makes any sense.

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-22-2023)

CP3 to Warriors for Jordan Poole seems to be a thing
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    CP3 to Warriors for Jordan Poole seems to be a thing
    With the Warriors sending out picks too (2030 protected 1st and 2027 2nd). Good for the Wiz to kick the tires on Poole. Somebody's got to score for that team. Paul could be a sneaky good fit on the Dubs, and maybe playing only 20-25 minutes a night will keep him healthy.

Word is Portland will draft Scoot and trade Lillard. I think it’s the right direction for them.

I like that CP3-Poole trade for both teams. Warriors moving Poole’s salary gives them a lot more flex in the next few years.
    Last edited by Mitri; 06-22-2023 at 04:59 PM.

14. Likes:

Puffy (06-22-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    So flashing guns around doesnt tarnish the integrity of the game? I thought the NBA was trying to get away from Thug Life? Deliver the message to stop it from happening in the future.

Being honest, I think JA is just a punk wanna be and honestly shouldnt be in the NBA at all anymore, but I doubt that will be an issue, he will be dead soon do to his actions.
    So this is your opinion. Are we sure you want to stick with that. You the proclaimed gun nut says a quarter of a season isn’t enough for having a legal handgun in his position. I don’t want to make it political as I I will stop there , but you brag about all your AR15s but a legal handgun should get him kicked out of the nba. Wow.
    Last edited by Rdirtypirates; 06-22-2023 at 05:24 PM.

Turn Off Ads?