Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2022-23 Part 3: Big Buck Hunters

Re: NBA 2022-23 Part 3: Big Buck Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Awesome game, but counter point, he scored 45 points in the previous 4 games combined.

All NBA guards:
    Curry
    Ja
    SGA
    Mitchell
    Luka
    Fox
    Dame
    Harden

Two people on that list aren’t making an all NBA team and I didn’t include Brunson who I’d also have before Holiday.
    I wouldn't look twice at Luka or Dame due their teams being disasters. Dame's not going to make 60 games and the Warriors have been blah. And, honestly, head-to-head I kind of expect Jrue to beat every single one of those guys. To me he's a modern Dennis Johnson, who fills whatever gaps needs to be filled to beat the other team. I'd have him first team with Mitchell. I'd go Fox and Ja for the 2nd team and Harden and SGA for the 3rd (I'm assuming Jaylen Brown is getting a forward slot). Brunson would be my toughest cut, but that would be my top 6.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I think the Celtics believe they can catch the Bucks for the 1-seed, and the Bucks don't think that's possible.
    Might just be the Celtics felt they needed to send a message tonight and the Bucks decided this wasn't the time or the place.
    Last edited by M2; 03-30-2023 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I wouldn't look twice at Luka or Dame due their teams being disasters. Dame's not going to make 60 games and the Warriors have been blah. And, honestly, head-to-head I kind of expect Jrue to beat every single one of those guys. To me he's a modern Dennis Johnson, who fills whatever gaps needs to be filled to beat the other team. I'd have him first team with Mitchell. I'd go Fox and Ja for the 2nd team and Harden and SGA for the 3rd (I'm assuming Jaylen Brown is getting a forward slot). Brunson would be my toughest cut, but that would be my top 6.
    Whew tough to leave Steph out. They’ve been underwhelming for them, but still a playoff team and he will get enough. I’d leave Dame out too because of the games and the Blazers shutting it down.

I’d go Curry Fox first, mitchell Ja second and SGA Luka third unless Mavs miss then Harden over Luka.

I think Brown will be a forward for all NBA. He should be for sure.

5. Likes:

M2 (03-30-2023)

What a train wreck in Milwaukee. Bucks had plenty of excuses last year- no Middleton, Lopez coming off the surgery, no home court. But they lost that series because they could not make an outside shot and Boston would not miss. Same thing happened tonight.
    Things to really worry about:
    1.Bucks have now lost to the Celtics, the Sixers and Denver and two of those games have been major blowouts.
    2. Middleton can’t seem to play two decent games in a row.
    3. Caunaughton has not come back from his operation.
    4. They can’t seem to make a shot against the good teams.

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-31-2023)

89 total points in Q1 of the Knicks v. Cavs game. Mitchell and Brunson going bananas so far.

BRUNSON!!!! Career-high scoring night in a likely preview of the Eastern 4/5 playoff round.

JB once again proves my theory that he is the definitive glue of this team (not Randle). I love Randle but his type of iso-ball can get real clunky in big games and clutch situations. Knicks have a deep rotation that leans better defensively down the ladder (Deuce McBride is a king in my world).

A few thoughts:

- Josh Hart has an unbelievable motor. I would never, ever let this guy leave my team if he were one it. Sort of a poor man's Draymond (in his prime, not current Draymond), jack-of-all-trades facilitator. Elite rebounder, 2-way intensity, can hit a big-3, always pushing the tempo. He's exactly what this team needed and they'll do everything to sign him.
    - Isiah Hartenstein is a major unsung hero of this Knicks season. He's a great passer, holds his own defensively and has a surprisingly nice touch around the rim.
    - Evan Mobley is an unbelievable player. Mitchell is everything the Knicks need. But I still think the Knicks have a really good shot at winning a playoff series thanks to their diversity of scoring options - Randle, Brunson, Quickley, Barrett, Grimes (who has been heating up and possibly, maybe coming into his own) can all score at-will. No real slouches on the bench. It can get clunky with Randle/Brunson together, maybe that's not a problem next season, but I think they have a shot at this and maybe even giving they #1 seed fits in round 2.

10. Likes:

M2 (03-31-2023),Revering4Blue (03-31-2023)

I hate it when the Sixers play the Raptors. That team is just out of control constantly, flapping arms, hacking, shoving and jumping in front of guys. They're just dangerous, and it gets worse when the officials are incompetent, as they were tonight. Without Tobias Harris, and despite racking up two techs caused by Ashley Moyer-Gleich being terrible at her job, Philly ran out to a 24-point first-half lead. But poor starts to both the third and fourth quarters pulled Toronto to within three. The Sixers stabilized behind a solid 23-point (9-of-16 from the floor), 11-assist performance from Harden and a 25-point/12-rebound effort from Embiid. The bench had an "on" night in run of "on/off" games, outscoring the Raptors 34 to 17 on the night, with Paul Reed again impressing (11 points/4 offensive rebounds in 14 minutes), and both Jalen McDaniels and Danuel House were useful in combating Toronto's length.

If I were Boston or Milwaukee, I'd be worried about getting out of a Raptors series with everyone healthy. Embiid could have been seriously injured on two different plays tonight- one where he had his ankle twisted when Scottie Barnes recklessly jumped in front of him on a drive, and the second where the back up center (Koloko) wound up, nailed Embiid in the shoulder during a shot attempt, then intentionally grabbed his arm and pulled him to the court. The second should have been a Flagrant 1 at minimum, but the clueless crew instead replay-ruled it as a common foul and a tech.

Next stop- Milwaukee on Sunday. With the Randle-less Knicks win over Cleveland tonight, Philly's magic number to lock up at least the three seed appears to be down to one. I don't know that they'll get it against the Bucks, especially on the road, but it'd be nice to rest some players over the last couple of games to ensure that everyone's healthy going into the playoffs.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    BRUNSON!!!! Career-high scoring night in a likely preview of the Eastern 4/5 playoff round.

JB once again proves my theory that he is the definitive glue of this team (not Randle). I love Randle but his type of iso-ball can get real clunky in big games and clutch situations. Knicks have a deep rotation that leans better defensively down the ladder (Deuce McBride is a king in my world).

A few thoughts:

- Josh Hart has an unbelievable motor. I would never, ever let this guy leave my team if he were one it. Sort of a poor man's Draymond (in his prime, not current Draymond), jack-of-all-trades facilitator. Elite rebounder, 2-way intensity, can hit a big-3, always pushing the tempo. He's exactly what this team needed and they'll do everything to sign him.
    - Isiah Hartenstein is a major unsung hero of this Knicks season. He's a great passer, holds his own defensively and has a surprisingly nice touch around the rim.
    - Evan Mobley is an unbelievable player. Mitchell is everything the Knicks need. But I still think the Knicks have a really good shot at winning a playoff series thanks to their diversity of scoring options - Randle, Brunson, Quickley, Barrett, Grimes (who has been heating up and possibly, maybe coming into his own) can all score at-will. No real slouches on the bench. It can get clunky with Randle/Brunson together, maybe that's not a problem next season, but I think they have a shot at this and maybe even giving they #1 seed fits in round 2.
    That game was silly. It was fun, but it had more of a pick up game feel than a playoff basketball game feel.

It’s hard to really glean anything from it without Allen and Okoro who are pretty vital to what the Cavs do defensively. Brunson feasted on not having Allen tonight with where he got his points.

The NBA and the Player's Association have come to an agreement. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nb...tion&ci=556128

14. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (04-01-2023),M2 (04-01-2023)

Dwyane Wade, Dirk Nowitzki, Pau Gasol, Tony Parker and Gregg Popovich are all going into the Hall of Fame on August 11th.

16. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-03-2023),Kingspoint (04-02-2023)

Congratulations to D. Wade. Ring out Ahoya!

I have yet to see Shaedon Sharpe in action, but he is averaging 25 ppg over his last 7 contests.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-02-2023 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I have yet to see Shaedon Sharpe in action, but he is averaging 25 ppg over his last 7 contests.
    He's got eye-popping ability. He scores right now by being ridiculous. Jumps over three dudes, blows through holes you didn't know were there. Big upside as he polishes his skills and adds strength.

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-03-2023),texasdave (04-02-2023)

Good win by Milwaukee at home tonight. The Bucks started out 10-for-11 from the floor, with their one miss resulting in an offensive board and a score anyway. You're probably not going to come back from that, but the Sixers made a game of it; pulling within four points. But then the bench...that bench. De'Anthony Melton had an off night, hitting only one of five shots, and neither Niang or Jalen McDaniels looked like they belonged out there. Rivers inexplicably took out Paul Reed- who was active as heck, grabbing four offensive boards and playing solid D- for PJ Tucker, who just had Giannis shoot over him and keeping Niang out there, who was completely useless on both ends tonight. Danuel House was brought in too late to really help, but did well enough that Rivers needs to look at giving him some minutes. But still, you can't continually have teams double-up the scoring totals on your bench (prior to garbage time) and hope to win on the road. Next up is a home game on Tuesday, with Boston visiting.
    Last edited by SteelSD; 04-02-2023 at 10:23 PM.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Baring anything weird happening it looks like the East top 6 is set after todays results.

Turn Off Ads?