Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2022-23 Part 3: Big Buck Hunters

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: NBA 2022-23 Part 3: Big Buck Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    What got into the Pacers tonight? They beat the Bucks by 25 in the 2nd half, on the road. Andrew Nembhard, Aaron Nesmith and T.J. McConnell led the way. I am impressed.
    The first Pacers victory over the Bucks - road or home- in what seems like forever.

No Lopez, Allen or Crowder for the Bucks. No Haliburton, Mathurin or Duarte for Indy.

I’m still totally on the Bucks are team to beat bandwagon. They’ll probably bludgeon the next team by 30 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    The first Pacers victory over the Bucks - road or home- in what seems like forever.

No Lopez, Allen or Crowder for the Bucks. No Haliburton, Mathurin or Duarte for Indy.

I’m still totally on the Bucks are team to beat bandwagon. They’ll probably bludgeon the next team by 30 points.
    You might be right about the Bucks. But every day, every night, the Pacers are gonna Pacer. That team just never seems out of any game.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Nonsense? When have you not been spouting nonsense about the Sixers while dramatically overrating your Cavs squad, ya' silly homer?

BuckeyeRed27 11/30/22:

Almost immediately after that game, the Sixers went on a run that represents be the best record in the NBA from then to present. "Serious trouble" indeed...apparently for the rest of the NBA...except the Celtics...damn them.

BuckeyeRed27 02/16/23:

Coming out of the All-Star break, the Sixers have effectively gained 3 additional games on the Cavs in the Loss column as Cleveland has struggled to a 6-5 post-ASB record. Only took a month for that one to turn south on ya'. But that's on the Cavs, not the Sixers, not the officials, nor was it caused by four minutes of Joel Embiid standing on the court acting as Donovan Mitchell's personal turnstile to the rim.
    Sixers have been great man. Had some huge wins including that road win in Milwaukee and handled the west coast trip. Thought they’d drop a couple there and if they did and the Cavs won last night, it’s tight. Credit to Philly.

The part you didn’t bold in my first statement is pretty key. They played that game without Harden and Maxey. I honestly wasn’t sure what Harden was going to give this team and if you’re being honest you didn’t either on Nov 30. He has basically reinvented himself into the best version of what this team needs and obviously the Sixers have been a lot better for it. If he’s Brooklyn/Houston Harden the Sixers were in a lot of trouble.

Lastly, you really don’t have to be a dick all the time. Just talk hoops and drop the crap. I don’t ever spout nonsense. I like basketball and I’m happy to throw out my takes. I’m not always right and I don’t try or pretend to be. But I do watch a lot of games and know what I’m talking about. I don’t disrespect you, so how about you show the same courtesy.

Have a good one.

5. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (03-17-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Not in reviews. You keep mixing general officiating with reviews. Reviews are not meant to be used to make judgements. It’s was their contact, who touched it last, etc.

There was contact. There is absolutely no dispute in that. Embiid made contact and the ref called a foul. The only overturn now is if Embiid actually didn’t make contact, it was just an acting flop, which was not the case. The refs were wrong.

I’m done talking about this. I don’t have anything else to add. The refs messed up.
    That is not how reviews work. You can insist that's how they should, but they don't. It's as simple as the refs review the play and determine whether the call stands. The call on the court is not sacrosanct. Refs certainly don't treat them like they are.

Their own decision makes it pretty clear that contact was not the determining factor. They deemed it (probably) regular contact (who knows because Mobley flopped) and reversed the call. You're drawing lines where they don't exist.

And I think this buries the lead, which is Cleveland needs to be able to win that game regardless of that call. Just pretend everybody is the Celtics and win in overtime.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

7. Likes:

SteelSD (03-16-2023)

That lucky next team is the Raptors.

Ok, so Joel Embiid has allegedly passed Nikola Jokic as the favorite for NBA MVP. I was kind of shocked given how much the Zach Lowes of the world overrate the guy's game.

But after Denver's recent loss to San Antonio, the following video was compiled and subsequently went viral:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1634568492660948993

I warn anyone clicking on that link that they're about to witness one of the most disgusting defensive efforts you're likely to see. It may approach an NSFW level of shocking. Have we finally seen something so heinous that it almost demands voters rethink handing another MVP award to a one-way player whose offensive game is largely a construct of the Nuggets system? I dunno, but it's right there in Technicolor.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

10. Likes:

Mutaman (03-17-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Lastly, you really don’t have to be a dick all the time. Just talk hoops and drop the crap. I don’t ever spout nonsense. I like basketball and I’m happy to throw out my takes. I’m not always right and I don’t try or pretend to be. But I do watch a lot of games and know what I’m talking about. I don’t disrespect you, so how about you show the same courtesy.

Have a good one.
    You're not demonstrating respect or any amount of courtesy when you call someone's post "nonsense" or when you preemptively accuse them of some kind of bias. It's pretty darned easy to get courteous treatment from me, but that's the opposite of how.

No hard feelings. You have a good night too.

--Ted Williams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    21 "3"'s can do it every time.
    POR now a game ahead of IND for the 6th best lottery chances.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Big revenge game for George Hill and Nwora. Pacers had 22 threes to the Bucks 11. Some guy named TJ Mcconnell was +36. Bucks ran up a nice lead and then took the rest of the night off. Indiana scored 49 in the third quarter. Middleton continues to be unable to put 2 good games together, Connaughton hasn't been the same since his injury.

No longer any doubt how important Lopez is to this team.

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-17-2023)

Ok, so Joel Embiid has allegedly passed Nikola Jokic as the favorite for NBA MVP. I was kind of shocked given how much the Zach Lowes of the world overrate the guy's game.

But after Denver's recent loss to San Antonio, the following video was compiled and subsequently went viral:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1634568492660948993

I warn anyone clicking on that link that they're about to witness one of the most disgusting defensive efforts you're likely to see. It may approach an NSFW level of shocking. Have we finally seen something so heinous that it almost demands voters rethink handing another MVP award to a one-way player whose offensive game is largely a construct of the Nuggets system? I dunno, but it's right there in Technicolor.
    That video is pretty funny, but it's no different than what he's been his entire career.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Big revenge game for George Hill and Nwora. Pacers had 22 threes to the Bucks 11. Some guy named TJ Mcconnell was +36. Bucks ran up a nice lead and then took the rest of the night off. Indiana scored 49 in the third quarter. Middleton continues to be unable to put 2 good games together, Connaughton hasn't been the same since his injury.

No longer any doubt how important Lopez is to this team.
    Connaughton is as important to them winning a Championship as Middleton.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Connaughton is as important to them winning a Championship as Middleton.

Don't know if I agree with that- picking up Ingles and Crowder has lessened Pat's importance. But Bud loves him and continues to play him 20 min per night. Can't forget how important he was in winning that ring.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 03-17-2023 at 12:18 AM.

I was kind of shocked given how much the Zach Lowes of the world overrate the guy's game.
    Despite playing a human pylon in that Spurs game, I don't think it's possible to overrate Jokic's game. He's amazing, and he usually plays defense.

I think Embiid probably deserves to be ahead in the MVP vote at this moment, though the close of the season is going to matter a lot between Embiid, Jokic and Giannis. Oh, who am I kidding? Jrue Holiday for MVP. Lock my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Don't know if I agree with that- picking up Ingles and Crowder has lessened Pat's importance. But Bud loves him and continues to play him 20 min per night. Can't forget how important he was in winning that ring.
    I'm speaking in terms from what I've seen from interviews with MIL Coaches and how much they used him during the playoffs last season, and at what critical moments he was on the floor, which you refer to with Bud.

You're not demonstrating respect or any amount of courtesy when you call someone's post "nonsense" or when you preemptively accuse them of some kind of bias. It's pretty darned easy to get courteous treatment from me, but that's the opposite of how.

No hard feelings. You have a good night too.
    I didn’t like your post to me, so I pushed back. It’s fine, we will both do better going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That is not how reviews work. You can insist that's how they should, but they don't. It's as simple as the refs review the play and determine whether the call stands. The call on the court is not sacrosanct. Refs certainly don't treat them like they are.

Their own decision makes it pretty clear that contact was not the determining factor. They deemed it (probably) regular contact (who knows because Mobley flopped) and reversed the call. You're drawing lines where they don't exist.

And I think this buries the lead, which is Cleveland needs to be able to win that game regardless of that call. Just pretend everybody is the Celtics and win in overtime.
    It is how reviews work. What they are saying in that play is that there was no contact, it was just a flop. If that’s their view that it wrong. Again on the court they could have said that, but not in replay. That isn’t the bar. I’m not mad at this simply because the call went against the team I wanted to win, it’s because it’s the only replay in the NBA all season that’s worked like that. They didn’t want to foul out the possible MVP on a nationally televised game. It doesn’t look, sound or smell right because it wasn’t.

And yes Cleveland needed to win that game because they had a 13 point second half lead. That call was an important turning point though, can’t just shrug it off.

Turn Off Ads?