Turn Off Ads?
Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2022-23 Part 3: Big Buck Hunters

Re: NBA 2022-23 Part 3: Big Buck Hunters

And if the ball didn't land in White's hands, it was going to Tatum.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The ending of that game reminded me of the time in Band of Brothers when a guy got shot in the helmet, took it off and exclaimed "Wow, lucky me" then got shot in the head

4. Likes:

M2 (05-28-2023),Mitri (05-28-2023),RedTeamGo! (05-28-2023),SteelSD (05-28-2023)

If the Celtics win game 7, they will become the first NBA team (out of 151) to win a seven-game playoff series after losing the first three games. The Celtics' record in decisive seventh games is 27-9 overall and 22-5 at home.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    If the Celtics win game 7, they will become the first NBA team (out of 151) to win a seven-game playoff series after losing the first three games. The Celtics' record in decisive seventh games is 27-9 overall and 22-5 at home.
    Just the way the NBA planned it.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    That last sentence is a testament to why home-court advantage matters, and why Miami really need needed to win Game 6. Same logic applied to Philly in the last round.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-29-2023)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Just the way the NBA planned it.
    Nah. The David Stern era ended years ago. If anything, the Celtics we’re getting hosed with questionable calls and non-calls down the stretch.

This wasn’t another Lakers/Kings 2002 WCF scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

10. Likes:

M2 (05-29-2023)

Sixers are hiring Nick Nurse. Good move.

12. Likes:

goreds2 (06-07-2023),Revering4Blue (06-02-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Sixers are hiring Nick Nurse. Good move.
    I hated Nick Nurse on the Raptors, but in that way you like a guy if he's playing or coaching for you. The one thing I really never liked is that his Raptors teams always seemed to be playing out of control defensively. Maybe that's just the body type that team acquires, or maybe it's time to fight fire with fire. The things I do like about Nurse is that he always seemed to get the most out of his roster and that he's an out of the box guy. The latter will be a breath of fresh air, given that the Sixers just fired a guy who pretty much defines "the box".
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

14. Likes:

goreds2 (06-07-2023),M2 (05-29-2023),Revering4Blue (06-02-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Nah. The David Stern era ended years ago. If anything, the Celtics we’re getting hosed with questionable calls and non-calls down the stretch.

This wasn’t another Lakers/Kings 2002 WCF scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ll never forget the 2002 WCF. Stained the NBA in my eyes to a point it will never go away.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-02-2023)

Miami up by 17 entering the 4th quarter.

Stranger things have happened but this looks like a chokejob.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

All credit to Miami, they're playing defense and making their shots. Meanwhile, the Celtics are in full meltdown.

19. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (05-29-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    All credit to Miami, they're playing defense and making their shots. Meanwhile, the Celtics are in full meltdown.
    Jaylen Brown has more turnovers by himself than the Miami Heat as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

21. Likes:

M2 (05-29-2023),Rojo Rijo (05-29-2023)

NBA 2022-23 Part 3: Big Buck Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Jaylen Brown has more turnovers by himself than the Miami Heat as a team.

Tatum is hobbled and Miami is pushing it down their throats every chance they get. Boston looks like a boxer who’s taken a few hard shots and can’t find his bearings. Brown does not look like a guy who deserves the chance to have his own team.

21 points now. It's over. Caleb Martin had himself a night, while Butler is having a solid game. Adebayo still can't hit a shot, but has been really good defensively. For Boston, Tatum can't get any shots off and Brown has 8 turnovers so far.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Six losses IN Boston for the Celtics during the playoffs. That's kinda unheard of.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

25. Likes:

goreds2 (05-30-2023)

Turn Off Ads?