Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: India to Left field?

Re: India to Left field?

I'm all for India to 3rd. His added muscle last year seemed to limit his movement. With 3rd being his natural position, and a hotbed of athletic MI's in the fold, makes perfect sense.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

2. Likes:

CaiGuy (03-14-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    But by your logic previously India should have not been moved off 3B, no?
    They had 3 players for one position (3B).

It was obvious that Moose couldn’t play 2B anymore, so it was 3B or bust. Suarez flailing away at SS was to accommodate that move IIRC. Now that was a rough left side of the infield.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-14-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    Moose was signed to play second, with the Reds announcing to the world they were going to bring in a shortstop with Suarez staying at third. Suarez comes in and says he can play short, which means the Reds don’t have to spend money at short, which allows Moose to move to third, opening a spot for India at second. As soon as the Reds figured out that they didn’t have to spend money at short, India was a lock at second.
    That’s not exactly how it happened.

The Reds spent the offseason trying to sign a SS, making offers to nearly every free agent starting SS. They failed to sign any of them. In the following spring training, understanding their failure to sign a SS that they needed, and to make room for India who was impressing in spring, they asked Suarez if he was willing to move to SS, and he excitedly said yes. It was a huge failure and they quickly tried Farmer as the everyday SS, which was a success.

The Reds did try to spend money on a SS, clearly not enough, but they did try, and only after failing at that did they ask Suarez to move over. It all was moot in the end, as Farmer proved to be as good or better as pretty much every free agent they made an offer to.
    Last edited by 757690; 03-14-2023 at 12:52 PM.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    I'm all for India to 3rd. His added muscle last year seemed to limit his movement. With 3rd being his natural position, and a hotbed of athletic MI's in the fold, makes perfect sense.
    He de-muscled this year.

8. Likes:

757690 (03-14-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    What recent trades returns have disappointed you? The only one I found disappointing was trading for Minor, but that was adding a vet, not trading one.
    Most of the recent trades are TBD, but I’d rather have Castillo with his extension than what they got back for him. I’d love to have Sonny Gray this season too. The Mahle trade looks pretty good but I don’t think it’s the slam-dunk people are making it out to be just yet.

10. Likes:

LeatherPants (03-14-2023),mth123 (03-14-2023)

The Suarez Winker trade was bad IMO.

Not high on any pitchers we have received in trades which is huge weakness in our minor leagues.

12. Likes:

mth123 (03-16-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    But by your logic previously India should have not been moved off 3B, no?
    Correct, I would not have moved India or Suarez. But if I had to move one, I guess I'd pick India because he's younger.

Signing Moose, made zero sense in this context, or any other context, even without India. Unless they were planning on dealing Suarez all along.

Stupid front office decisions...
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-16-2023)

Turn Off Ads?