Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: March Madness: Day 1

Re: March Madness: Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The MWC teams always seem appealing to me when filling out my bracket, and then they almost always stink. I figured Alford's bunch for a group of posers that didn't belong in the Tournament. But I expected better of Utah State. Guess I might be regretting my decisions to pick SD State and Boise as well!
    I watch a fare amount of that leagues games. Not bad basketball, but one that lacks consistent star power.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The MWC teams always seem appealing to me when filling out my bracket, and then they almost always stink. I figured Alford's bunch for a group of posers that didn't belong in the Tournament. But I expected better of Utah State. Guess I might be regretting my decisions to pick SD State and Boise as well!
    I watched San Diego St. play a few times this year. I thought they would be a sleeper Elite Eight team.

I had Furman as well. I think the ACC was just incredibly weak this year. It's why I'm not believing this Duke hype despite their play over the last few months (I think they're solid but I can't see them getting past the Sweet 16 or anything).

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I had Furman as well. I think the ACC was just incredibly weak this year. It's why I'm not believing this Duke hype despite their play over the last few months (I think they're solid but I can't see them getting past the Sweet 16 or anything).
    I got Duke going out in the 1st round. ACC was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I got Duke going out in the 1st round. ACC was horrible.
    I'd be surprised if they lost to ORU.

SD State finally perked up a bit to grab a halftime lead. I'm not super excited about any of the matchups the rest of the day. Maybe Boise/Northwestern. Northwestern's second NCAA Tournament win ever? I went Boise.

Looking again, Tennessee/Ragin Cajuns could be interesting.

Virginia choking on the 5 year anniversary of losing to the 16 seed is so on brand for them

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

March Madness: Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I'd be surprised if they lost to ORU.
    ORU is likely to get killed up front if Vanover is in foul trouble. If not, they have more than a puncher’s chance.

One other factor to remember - not just for today, moving forward - Coach K is no longer around to unnerve and intimidate the refs.

That said, I just couldn’t pick against Duke here. But I did pick Pitt to upset Iowa State and NC State to upset Creighton, and I’m likely to wind up with egg on my face as a result. Pitt may still be without their starting center and NC State’s big man must stay out of foul trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I think Creighton's a monster. I have them winning the championship in one of my pools. They're a bit underseeded because Kalkbrenner missed a stretch of games early in the year.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-16-2023)

Go Ivy League
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

13. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (03-16-2023)

Princeton always plays a deliberate game, one that tries control the tempo and make fewer mistakes than the other team, they seem to care about that more than other guys these days. They should not be taken lightly, they throw teams off their game

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Arizona Wildcats: Ruining NCAA brackets nationwide for over 30 years.

Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-16-2023),RedTeamGo! (03-17-2023),Sea Ray (03-16-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Arizona Wildcats: Ruining NCAA brackets nationwide for over 30 years.

Ruined mine. I had them in the Final Four.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I'm doing horribly. Didn't feel very good about my picks and those feelings were well founded, apparently

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Furman wins! I did pick them. At least I will have one upset pick right.
    Furman's all-time greatest basketball player , Frank Selvy, is from my hometown and graduated from my high school(Corbin).
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-16-2023)

Turn Off Ads?