Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2023-2024: The Last Dance?

Re: UK Basketball 2023-2024: The Last Dance?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    St Joe's hammered them down low and ended up taking the game to overtime. Their center had a Hunter Dickinson type of stat line as well.

If Cal can make it work, do it. It's aesthetically pleasing like the Pitino Bombinos but in today's day and age of college basketball I don't think it is sustainable.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Huh?

St. Joe's backup center went for 9 and 9; their biggest starter went for 6 and 9. No Hawk big did that well on the night. St. Joe's frontcourt players went a combined 8-25 for 18 points and 21 rebounds. Total.

Hunter Dickinson eclipsed that total by himself-- 27 and 21. (KJ Adams also had a big game against the Cats, with several gimmies at the bucket.)

You're thinking of 6'2" SG Erik Reynolds II, who went for 28 points, largely on the strength of 6-12 shooting from deep-- most of them contested and two steps beyond the arc.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've said this before but Reed Sheppard reminds me of Grayson Allen without the cockiness.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Kentucky putting on a clinic with DJ Wagner getting hurt.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

UK looked reeeaaaally good tonite.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

That was fun

Reed and his parents live about 20 minutes from my house. So I've been able to watch Reed play a lot of HS ball. I never thought he would contributing in an impactful way this soon in his college career. Smart kid, sees the floor very well. Fine passer and shooter. On top of that, just a stellar young man.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

8. Likes:

WVRed (11-29-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Reed and his parents live about 20 minutes from my house. So I've been able to watch Reed play a lot of HS ball. I never thought he would contributing in an impactful way this soon in his college career. Smart kid, sees the floor very well. Fine passer and shooter. On top of that, just a stellar young man.
    If his basketball IQ was combined with DJ Wagners physical talents it would be a HOF combination.

If his basketball IQ was combined with DJ Wagners physical talents it would be a HOF combination.
    Wagner's basketball IQ is super high as well.

That's part of what makes this team really good.

Assist to turnover ratio was 3.25:1 for the Miami game. Reed was +35 +/- differential. Team averaging 94 pts. a game. Cal has something cooking with this bunch of youngsters.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Reed Sheppard single-handily saving Kentucky basketball.

I know that's slightly hyperbole but seeing a legacy kid come in, make all the right plays, and just be an absolute baller. The fanbase is falling back in love with the program again.

13. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-30-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Shepard is a true basketball player not just an athlete like many of these later Cal recruits have been. He seems to be much better than expected. If Cal will let this team play fast like they have been it will be fun to watch them. We will see what happens when/if these big men start playing in games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    Reed Sheppard single-handily saving Kentucky basketball.

I know that's slightly hyperbole but seeing a legacy kid come in, make all the right plays, and just be an absolute baller. The fanbase is falling back in love with the program again.
    I agree. They are sucking me back in when I wasn't planning on watching much. Right now they are fun to watch. But I am skeptical if Cal will keep it up.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Long article but well worth the read:

The Reed in Reed Sheppard: Stacey’s Story
    https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...ky-basketball/

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (12-01-2023),Tuff Nut (12-01-2023)

''Hello, Dick".......now that was funny...A very good read, indeed.

Long article but well worth the read:

The Reed in Reed Sheppard: Stacey’s Story
    https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...ky-basketball/

He looks just like his mother. Apparently plays like her too. Even though I never saw her play. I imagine he is another one and done though. Oh well.....
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Final score: UNC Wilmington 80 UK 73. Game played in Lexington.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?