Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2023-2024: The Last Dance?

Re: UK Basketball 2023-2024: The Last Dance?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    If this is all it takes to lose you...

- - - Updated - - -

Edwards and Dillingham had bad games.

It happens-- especially to freshmen teams.

It's ridiculous that "fans" expect perfection.
    I have taken plenty of losses in over 50 years of being a fan. This isn't for me about a bad loss at home. It's the state of college sports I despise and I have given my opinion on that ad nauseum in other threads. They almost sucked me back in like the Reds did this past season. I saw Saturday nothing has changed and UK because of Cal's one and done system has ruined it for me. I am 60 years old and if things such as sports annoy me too much I just need to walk away. Don't worry I won't be commenting any longer on this thread or probably any other on college sports.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Way to go Kentucky...

The SEC’s list of bad losses is already pretty long.

Kentucky (vs. UNC-W)
    Missouri (vs. Jackson St.)
    LSU (vs. Nicholls)
    Auburn (at App St.)
    Arkansas (vs UNC-G)
    Vanderbilt (vs. Presbyterian)

Miss State better not lose to Southern.
    https://twitter.com/kerrancejames/st...5Es1_&ref_url=

And yeah, Miss St did lose to Southern

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I have taken plenty of losses in over 50 years of being a fan. This isn't for me about a bad loss at home. It's the state of college sports I despise and I have given my opinion on that ad nauseum in other threads. They almost sucked me back in like the Reds did this past season. I saw Saturday nothing has changed and UK because of Cal's one and done system has ruined it for me. I am 60 years old and if things such as sports annoy me too much I just need to walk away. Don't worry I won't be commenting any longer on this thread or probably any other on college sports.
    There is room on the Hoosier bandwagon for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    There is room on the Hoosier bandwagon for ya!
    Nope I won't go that low.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-05-2023),Sea Ray (12-05-2023)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Nope I won't go that low.
    LOL. I looked it up when the news of renewing the IU/UK series came out. Woody was 1-3 as a player against Kentuck.

Kentucky is bringing back the old floor after losing in it's only game.

This is the most Kentucky thing I've read all day.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Dec 16, 2023

UK
    @
    N. Carolina
    5:30 pm est.
    CBS
    Last edited by goreds2; 12-16-2023 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Added tv channel
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quad 1 win for Cal's Cats. UK has a lot of talent this season. We'll see how far it takes them. They have FF potential.
    Its the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Quad 1 win for Cal's Cats. UK has a lot of talent this season. We'll see how far it takes them. They have FF potential.
    It depends on their draw, as always, but they can score from a variety of ways.

I'm hoping they fix their defensive issues without resorting to a plodding style of play. (Two seven footers at the same time who can't stretch the floor isn't ideal.) Fortunately, I don't think this will be the case. Bradshaw's outside shot looks good, and he's willing to shoot. Onyenso's does not, but he can play in the dunker's spot while spotting Bradshaw.

What I really liked about yesterday's game was Thiero off the bench. He was a game-changer and actually shot (and hit!) and open three pointer. I'd like to see him shoot more of those. He and Mitchell would seem to be a quality PF combination. (I'm not sure he and Onyenso work well together, however.)

The guy who needs to get right is Edwards. Calipari looks like he's itching to go with a three-guard lineup. He's ended the last three close games with three guards on the court at the same time. Edwards has to shoot better and keep better care of the ball, or he risks being the guy whose minutes are cut most drastically.

Fun fact:

Olivier Sarrs younger brother is a favorite to go no 1 overall in the NBA draft.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Frustrating loss yesterday, but the BS goaltending rule or if Edwards could finish a 1' layup would have won the game if one of those things changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    Frustrating loss yesterday, but the BS goaltending rule or if Edwards could finish a 1' layup would have won the game if one of those things changed.
    Worse defense I have ever seen. Any mediocre guy who can dribble and drive can get to the hoop against this team. A&M was averaging 55.5 pts/game in their first two SEC games(both losses). UK allowed them nearly 100. Also, the inability to get a rebound in OT was almost comical. The foul call against the TA&M guy who made the 3-pointer in OT was , quite possibly, the worst call I have ever seen in over 50 years of watching basketball.
    Its the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

15. Likes:

Sea Ray (01-15-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Worse defense I have ever seen. Any mediocre guy who can dribble and drive can get to the hoop against this team. A&M was averaging 55.5 pts/game in their first two SEC games(both losses). UK allowed them nearly 100. Also, the inability to get a rebound in OT was almost comical. The foul call against the TA&M guy who made the 3-pointer in OT was , quite possibly, the worst call I have ever seen in over 50 years of watching basketball.
    You are correct. What I have watched of them they are terrible on defense. They aren't going anywhere in March with defense like they are playing now.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Big Z (Zvonomir Ivisic) is eligible.

Outside of Adou Their who's feelings is probably hurt over lost playing time Kentucky is at full strength for the first time this season.

Kentucky may have just gotten better.

7'2 center with a no look pass.

Turn Off Ads?