Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2023-2024: The Last Dance?

Re: UK Basketball 2023-2024: The Last Dance?

Uk defeats #4 Tennessee on their home court today.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Uk defeats #4 Tennessee on their home court today.
    And picked up a commit from Kevin Knox's little brother.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

SEC Tournament:

Friday, March 15

No. 2 Kentucky
    vs. Game 5 winner (No. 7 Texas A&M vs. No. 10 Ole Miss)

| 7 p.m. | SEC Network

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...ens-basketball
    Last edited by goreds2; 03-10-2024 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Added link
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Great opportunity to move to a 2 seed slipped away last night.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Great opportunity to move to a 2 seed slipped away last night.

The Jackel and Hyde tour continues...From what I heard of game on radio, and what little I watched, the Cats seemed to have missed a bunch of open shots, and what has become par for this team, giving up way too many 2nd and 3rd opportunities to their opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    The Jackel and Hyde tour continues...From what I heard of game on radio, and what little I watched, the Cats seemed to have missed a bunch of open shots, and what has become par for this team, giving up way too many 2nd and 3rd opportunities to their opponents.
    None of UK's guys can guard on the perimeter. Simply cannot stay in front of his man...any man.
    Its the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    None of UK's guys can guard on the perimeter. Simply cannot stay in front of his man...any man.
    It was De Ja Vu of the game earlier this year in College Station.

Texas A&M turned it into a marathon and hit everything they were putting up. Antonio Reeves was in foul trouble and non existent. The frenetic pace rattled Reed Sheppard and Rob Dillingham. Every time Kentucky started to make a run the Aggies had an answer.

They should be a solid three in the tournament. Hoping they draw Purdue but expecting to be in UConn or Houstons bracket.

Edit: they are actually being projected as a 4.

Last edited by WVRed; 03-16-2024 at 05:52 PM.

This team hasn't played defense all season. No reason they will now. I expect a quick exit next week.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Must be a weak field for UK to get a 3 seed. They had better hope they don't play a team with good guards who drive the ball to the goal. Also better hope they are able to shoot the lights out. Any combination of those two things and it will be a quick exit. If they and Marquette make it to the regionals it will mark the 12th time they have played in the NCAA tournament. The most of any NCAA matchup. Marquette has a 7-4 advantage. This includes one consolation game that Marquette won.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

They play 7:10 Thursday on CBS

12. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-17-2024)

I’d just like to say it’s humorous to me everyone wanted Cal fired all year and the team got a 3 seed
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I’d just like to say it’s humorous to me everyone wanted Cal fired all year and the team got a 3 seed
    And you wouldn't want Ohio State's football coach fired for being the 9th-12th best team in the country?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    And you wouldn't want Ohio State's football coach fired for being the 9th-12th best team in the country?
    I didn’t this year, but I’m not judging UK fans, I just think it’s funny. OSU football and UK basketball fans are very similar
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I didn’t this year, but I’m not judging UK fans, I just think it’s funny. OSU football and UK basketball fans are very similar
    1992 regionals were at Rupp Arena. The 4 teams were Oklahoma State (Eddie Sutton, Big Country Reeves), UNC (Dean Smith, Eric Montross), Michigan (Fab 5) and Ohio St (Jimmy Jackson, Lawrence Funderburk) with the 2 Big 10 teams advancing to the Final 8 on that Sunday.

Unfortunately, on that Saturday, Kentucky lost a game to some tesm from Durham, NC, with some sort of late jump shot. I don’t want to mention the details, LOL).

No Ethelred, I went to the UM-ISU game the next day, dressed in mu /UK gear, and in line for concessions, an OSU fan commented about the tough loss and said “our football team could use a performance like that” and I’ve always remembered those words for some reason, as I guess that was during the John Cooper era.

I guess that’s a long way to say I see your point and don’t disagree.

(And I know the wrong team won that elite 8 game in your view, but being there with Rupp split evenly between the2 canvases, and not Cari g who won, was one hell of an experience. It was soo fun, even while in mourning so to speak.)I’ll ever forget that week, even the open practices
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 03-17-2024 at 10:23 PM.

17. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (03-19-2024),Revering4Blue (03-21-2024)

Id just like to say its humorous to me everyone wanted Cal fired all year and the team got a 3 seed
    With the talent on this team it should have been a 1 seed. Cal has in some ways held this team back (injuries being the other).

Two players who are projected top 5 NBA draft picks are coming off the bench and have outplayed the two who are starting. They've started games cold and then have to insert Reed Sheppard and Rob Dillingham to get them out of a hole. Last Friday is a perfect example of this.

I've accepted he isn't going to get fired. If youve read my posts on this board, I've compared UK and Cal to the married couple who need to get a divorce but won't. Cal isn't going to get paid what's he making anywhere else and UK isn't going to eat his buyout.

19. Likes:

Big Red Smokey (03-20-2024),cumberlandreds (03-19-2024)

Turn Off Ads?