Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2023-2024: The Last Dance?

Re: UK Basketball 2023-2024: The Last Dance?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Really wish Cal would reconsider Mbagko. That would likely take care of the PF issue on this team and he has already played with Wagner and Bradshaw.
    I'm hoping Livingston has told Cal that he's likely to come back, and that's the reason why they're not looking at Mbagko.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Another one bites the dust. Frederick entering the transfer pool. Which isn't a real surprise. I think he knew, even if healthy, Cal would never have an offense that puts emphasis on a three point shot.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Another one bites the dust. Frederick entering the transfer pool. Which isn't a real surprise. I think he knew, even if healthy, Cal would never have an offense that puts emphasis on a three point shot.
    Add another one. Damion Collins hits the transfer list. No surprise either since his father passed away during this past season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Hunter Dickinson, considered a possibility to replace Oscar if he does leave for the NBA, committed to Kansas. Supposedly Kentucky would not guarantee a NIL amount which led to Dickinson becoming a Jayhawk.

And Lance Ware has decided to hop in that portal as well.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Hunter Dickinson, considered a possibility to replace Oscar if he does leave for the NBA, committed to Kansas. Supposedly Kentucky would not guarantee a NIL amount which led to Dickinson becoming a Jayhawk.

And Lance Ware has decided to hop in that portal as well.

Like ML baseball, college sports is a broken vessel. Broken. Broken...
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-04-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Like ML baseball, college sports is a broken vessel. Broken. Broken...
    Dont know if I really wanted the baggage that came with Dickinson. But yeah, NIL is definitely ruining college sports.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-04-2023),Ky Fried Redleg (05-04-2023)

Dont know if I really wanted the baggage that came with Dickinson. But yeah, NIL is definitely ruining college sports.

Yeah, I agree that the pass on Dickin$on may be a blessing in disguise.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Dont know if I really wanted the baggage that came with Dickinson.
    This may be a hot take, but I'd be pretty sanguine with Bradshaw and Onyenso in the middle, surrounded by four shooters. (Even better if Bradshaw and Onyenso could drift out to the three-point line so that UK could play five-out.)

I think they're a power forward short right now, but I'm fine with Thierro and Reeves at that spot, along with Dillingham, Wagner, and Edwards in the backcourt. Go four guards and an 8-man roster, with Shepherd as the 8th guy.

If they can stay healthy, that team will be hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    This may be a hot take, but I'd be pretty sanguine with Bradshaw and Onyenso in the middle, surrounded by four shooters. (Even better if Bradshaw and Onyenso could drift out to the three-point line so that UK could play five-out.

I think they're a power forward short right now, but I'm fine with Thierro and Reeves at that spot, along with Dillingham, Wagner, and Edwards in the backcourt. Go four guards and an 8-man roster, with Shepherd as the 8th guy.

If they can stay healthy, that team will be hard to beat.
    How about Ron Holland?

Will we see the Big O in Ky blue again, in your opinion?

DO you want to see the Big O in Ky blue again?
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 05-04-2023 at 02:53 PM.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Will we see the Big O in Ky blue again, in your opinion?

DO you want to see the Big O in Ky blue again?
    No and no.

And I'm fine with that.

As great a rebounder and inside scorer as Oscar is he lacks an outside shot which is becoming a semi requirement for bigs now as basketball is changing and his lack of communication from the center position led to teams exposing him defensively.

Bradshaw wants to be a 4. If Cal rolls with Onyenso that would likely work. Might be better with Holland though. I kinda don't understand them not pursuing Mbagko knowing he played with Wagner and Bradshaw.

How about Ron Holland?

Yeah, Ron Holland would be ideal, IMO.

Or Chris Livingston returning.

- - - Updated - - -

I kinda don't understand them not pursuing Mbagko knowing he played with Wagner and Bradshaw.
    Possible that Wagner and Bradshaw struggled with him.

16. Likes:

WVRed (05-04-2023)

I'll say we get Big O back for one more year. Don't think Lance Ware transfers out today if he didn't know something we dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Yeah, Ron Holland would be ideal, IMO.

Or Chris Livingston returning.

- - - Updated - - -

Possible that Wagner and Bradshaw struggled with him.
    I'll be surprised if Livingston comes back. He's represented by Klutch Sports and they want him in the league as soon as possible. With how he was used this season I think a transfer would be more likely if he didn't just go straight to the league.

I'll be surprised if Livingston comes back. He's represented by Klutch Sports and they want him in the league as soon as possible. With how he was used this season I think a transfer would be more likely if he didn't just go straight to the league.
    There are whispers around the program that Livingston wants to be a 1st rounder-- and that Klutch can't get him that high yet.

Turn Off Ads?