Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2023-2024: The Last Dance?

Re: UK Basketball 2023-2024: The Last Dance?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    Already rumors are Bradshaw has a "foot injury"

Can def see Klutch pull their classic Sharpe'ing of UK yet again where he'll get free room and board, NIL, practice and then protect the draft stock and then bounce.

Anger >>>> Apathy. UK should be thrilled the fans are upset and aren't in the "Couldn't give a crap" phase of the program at the moment.
    To be honest I think Terrence Clarke (RIP) started that trend. Sharpe just never played a game and used Kentucky worse than anyone else.

Cal receiving a lifetime contract might be the biggest black eye of the Mitch Barnhart era.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well Memphis has a dude who's older then Karl Towns and Devin Booker attempting to get another year of eligibility.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    How many players are even still taking advantage of the extra year? At this point isn’t it just players who had extra years due to medical redshirts?
    I don't know but the teams who made it far last year had the "super seniors".

Last year was the first time no team in the Final Four had a McDonalds All American on their roster.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

It is apparent we disagree about the talent level of this year's freshman class. We also disagree about the two returning players.

Three UK classes have ranked within a few points of this class.

One of those-- AD, MKG, Marquis Teague, and Kyle Wiltjer-- won a national championship.

2013's Randle, the Harrisons, Young, Johnson, Willis, Lee, and Hawkins-- went to two Final Fours and were nearly unbeaten.

2009's Wall, Bledsoe, Orton, Cousins, Hood, and Dodson got upset in the Elite 8.

This class, fwiw, supposedly tops them all. I'm super excited about the guard play and the possible elite bigs.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 06-02-2023 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    It is apparent we disagree about the talent level of this year's freshman class. We also disagree about the two returning players.

Three UK classes have ranked within a few points of this class.

One of those-- AD, MKG, Marquis Teague, and Kyle Wiltjer-- won a national championship.

2013's Randle, the Harrisons, Young, Johnson, Willis, Lee, and Hawkins-- went to two Final Fours and were nearly unbeaten.

2009's Wall, Bledsoe, Orton, Cousins, Hood, and Dodson got upset in the Elite 8.

This class, fwiw, supposedly tops them all. I'm super excited about the guard play and the possible elite bigs.
    I don't disagree with any of it. The talent level is there and this is Cals best chance at likely a final championship.

What we disagree on is whether Cal can still win by loading up on one and dones and running the dribble drive. The game has changed in so many ways since Kentucky last won a championship and even the last Final Four in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I don't disagree with any of it. The talent level is there and this is Cals best chance at likely a final championship.

What we disagree on is whether Cal can still win by loading up on one and dones and running the dribble drive. The game has changed in so many ways since Kentucky last won a championship and even the last Final Four in 2015.

Okay.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Just very disgusting at what college sports has become.
    This is priceless coming from a UK fan!

9. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-12-2023),RedTeamGo! (06-03-2023),WVRed (06-03-2023)

I don't know but the teams who made it far last year had the "super seniors".

Last year was the first time no team in the Final Four had a McDonalds All American on their roster.

The horror!
    What would you say.....ya do here?

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-12-2023)

Couple of concerning articles about the state of the basketball program:

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...f-program-nil/

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...ll-matt-jones/

Finally, a commitment.

Jordan Burks, former Ole Miss commit.

Joey Hart and Somto Cyril are the favorites to round out the class.

Finally, a commitment.

Jordan Burks, former Ole Miss commit.

Joey Hart and Somto Cyril are the favorites to round out the class.
    If Reeves leaves and Hart and Cyril commit as well, the Cats have the makings of an exceptionally talented-- and historically young-- roster.

Cyril and Uga would take up the majority of the center minutes. Both have high motors and (supposedly) decent hands. Both block shots. Both are strong in the post and willing defenders. Both have ridiculous length. Both should rebound well. That's 10 fouls and a double-double between them at the center spot.

That leaves Aaron Bradshaw with the lion's share of minutes at the PF. Burks is likely to back him up. Bradshaw is supposedly an elite defender and capable shooter out to the three-point line.

Edwards is the wing starter. He's likely going to be one of Kentucky's leading scorers, if not the primary option. He's another willing defender. I suspect Theiro will back him up, though Calipari could move to a three-guard lineup if he's out.

Wagner will start as a combo guard. Another able defender. His back-up is probably Hart, a supposed dead-eye shooter.

Dillingham will start at the point guard spot. He's a scorer in the AI mold. Reed Sheppard will back him up (though it's likely Wagner moves over the primary ball handler).

That's 10 deep. I expect for the rotation to shrink to just seven by the end of February, with Sheppard and Theiro backing up the starting five. (Bradshaw would move over to center for most of the non-Uga minutes.) And that rotation will absolutely work. I just don't see the strum and drang most of you guys do with this team. I think they're going to be really fun to watch-- they'll likely struggle a little early (though the summer work will help with that), then take off some time in February.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    Already rumors are Bradshaw has a "foot injury"

Can def see Klutch pull their classic Sharpe'ing of UK yet again where he'll get free room and board, NIL, practice and then protect the draft stock and then bounce.

Anger >>>> Apathy. UK should be thrilled the fans are upset and aren't in the "Couldn't give a crap" phase of the program at the moment.
    Aaron Bradshaw suffers fractured foot, could miss start of 2023-24 season
    https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...023-24-season/

Looks like the rumors are true.

Aaron Bradshaw suffers fractured foot, could miss start of 2023-24 season
    https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...023-24-season/

Looks like the rumors are true.
    You think Bradshaw (and Klutch) is faking it?

I mean, that's some tinfoil hat conspiracy stuff, right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    You think Bradshaw (and Klutch) is faking it?

I mean, that's some tinfoil hat conspiracy stuff, right there.
    Didn't mean they were faking it, meant there was an injury.

Still, wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't take the court at all or very little this upcoming season.

He will never play a second at UK. Another Sharpe and Cal has been taken again. College sports are just terrible now.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?