Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2023-2024: The Last Dance?

Re: UK Basketball 2023-2024: The Last Dance?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    He will never play a second at UK. Another Sharpe and Cal has been taken again. College sports are just terrible now.
    And we've probably just seen the tip of the iceberg. Depressing.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

2. Turn Off Ads?

If Jessie Edwards or even Tre Mitchell leave WVU, hate to say it but Cal should take a look.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

‘Isolated’ John Calipari has program in ‘complete disarray’: Kentucky sports radio host

https://nypost.com/2023/06/10/john-c...lete-disarray/

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    ‘Isolated’ John Calipari has program in ‘complete disarray’: Kentucky sports radio host

https://nypost.com/2023/06/10/john-c...lete-disarray/
    Bozich takes a jab at Cal

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/bozich-a...171bc773b.html

Antonio Reeves expected back at Kentucky and has reportedly moved back into the UK basketball dorm.

With Reeves' addition, I'm expecting Kentucky to run a four-guard lineup and true dribble-drive offense. Onyenso and Cyril can also be monster roll men in a pick-and-roll or pick-and-pop handoff situation. (Really like that option with both Reeves and Sheppard-- not sure about Wagner and Dillingham yet.)

Edwards can play PF defensively, especially with Cyril and Onyenso as C. Thiero and Burks can back him up at that spot as well. (Especially if Thiero has indeed gotten as big as rumors suggest.) Reeves can play the lion's share of the minutes at the wing, with Edwards backing him up. Joey Hart can also play that sniper position for a few minutes.

The backcourt starters will be Dillingham and Wagner, obviously, with Sheppard as their backup. (I look for Sheppard to garner around 24 mpg there, with Wagner and Dillingham at 28 apiece.)

They'll be lithe and may struggle with big, brawny teams (at least until Bradshaw gets back). I do expect them to run like hell and defend nearly full court.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 06-21-2023 at 11:51 AM.

Tre Mitchell is in the portal. Rumors are UK.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Tre Mitchell is in the portal. Rumors are UK.
    I wonder how many bandwagon fans will be re-joining if Mitchell signs at UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I wonder how many bandwagon fans will be re-joining if Mitchell signs at UK?
    Not many.

He's not Hunter Dickinson. He's a grad transfer on his fourth school. He would be a solid piece compared to what's out there.

Jessie Edwards is who I'd like to see with Bradshaw uncertain.

Not many.

He's not Hunter Dickinson. He's a grad transfer on his fourth school. He would be a solid piece compared to what's out there.

Mitchell is just as good as Dickinson, for this squad.

Perhaps better.

And fwiw, I disagree about the bandwagoners. If Cal wins, they'll find reasons to support the team.

Not many.

College basketball has turned into nothing but mercenaries. Four schools in four years, that's ridiculous. Things like that just keep pushing me further and further away from it.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 06-23-2023 at 10:58 AM. Reason: spelling
    Reds Fan Since 1971

12. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (06-23-2023)

College basketball has turned into nothing but mercenaries. Four schools in four years, that's ridiculous. Things like that just keep pushing me further and further away from it.
    They don't give a damn about guys like you and I anymore.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    They don't give a damn about guys like you and I anymore.
    Better by far than not giving a damn about the players who actually play the game.

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-24-2023)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Sounds like you need to jump ship and become an IU fan. We tend to have guys that stay for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Sounds like you need to jump ship and become an IU fan. We tend to have guys that stay for awhile.
    Never.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

18. Likes:

Assembly Hall (06-25-2023)

PF Tre Mitchell signs with Kentucky.

He's the former WVU, UMass, and Texas players who's shown an elite defensive acumen, a willing passing eye, solid rebounding, and above average shooting from both distance and within the paint. In short, he's the type of player-- Patrick Patterson, T. Jones, PJ Washington, Trey Lyles, -- who Calipari typically needs on his best teams.

The Cats now have two five-year veterans, two seldom-used reserves from previous classes, and seven freshmen. Perhaps one more frontcourt player-- Somto Cyril-- will also sign.

That 12-man roster, just a couple weeks after many posters had seemingly given up on Kentucky having enough players to even play a game five-on-five, should hopefully ease some of the needless pressure put on this team from those would-be Kentucky fans who've lately found a myriad of reasons to crap on this squad.

The Cats should be considered among the best teams in the country, with answers at every position.

Turn Off Ads?