Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Injury Updates 2023

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Reds Injury Updates 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Automatically named to the Hall of Fame.

And he gets my first-born.

No questions asked.
    Be careful offering first borns around here. Right FCB?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Likes:

GAC (05-24-2023),NDRed (05-23-2023),Old school 1983 (05-22-2023),Roy Tucker (05-26-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    No, if you pay attention to baseball outside of Cincinnati you'd see that there is a huge amount of injuries around the game. Thing I question is why do people need to blame something for everything bad that happens in sports? Do you do that in your own life? Is there ever possibly a moment when the world just aligns that one way and something happens?
    Listening to fans give critiques on team physicians, medical staff, and trainers, you'd think they had MASH units with Frank Burns as Chief Medical Officer (lol).

I have absolutely no medical training or knowledge, other then to use direct pressure and how to apply a band-aid. But I know the human body is not designed to be utilized in the manner professional sports dictates. One is physically abusing their bodies, not just on the field, but also in conditioning/training to achieve that level that brings them success on the field. It's not normal.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

5. Likes:

Chip R (05-31-2023),Revering4Blue (05-30-2023)

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    ·
    2m

Connor Overton had Tommy John. He’s out for the season.

Wil Myers hasn’t been in the lineup each of the last two days. David Bell said it’s minor. “No discussion of IL at this point.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    David Bell said it’s minor. “No discussion of IL at this point"
    That's too bad

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    No, if you pay attention to baseball outside of Cincinnati you'd see that there is a huge amount of injuries around the game. Thing I question is why do people need to blame something for everything bad that happens in sports? Do you do that in your own life? Is there ever possibly a moment when the world just aligns that one way and something happens?
    Just a general impression, but it seems that teams have realized the amount of money they have invested in players and that treating their medical issues is a dollar-smart thing to do. No more rubbing some tobacco juice in it and burn out the player.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-30-2023),Ron Madden (05-26-2023),westofyou (05-30-2023)

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

Some recent Reds injury updates from David Bell

-Nick Lodolo (calf) will have a follow up MRI in about a week. “He’s feeling good. I know he’s anxious to get that boot off. He may need to wear it a little bit longer.”

-Casey Legumina (ankle): “He's throwing, making progress, still not close, though. Not close. He's still a couple of weeks away before he's ready to be back here.”

Derek Law (elbow): “He’s feeling better every day. Still has a little bit of pain. Still not hearing it’s any sort of long term issue. He stayed back. He’s not on this road trip.”

11. Likes:

goreds2 (05-27-2023),Kingspoint (05-27-2023),UKFlounder (05-27-2023)

https://www.mlb.com/news/reds-injuries-and-roster-moves

They will shut down Tejay Antone for a week, but his MRI was clear.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    https://www.mlb.com/news/reds-injuries-and-roster-moves

They will shut down Tejay Antone for a week, but his MRI was clear.
    I get Sean Marshall vibes from Antone. Endless rehab and predictions of being activated in a few weeks but that day never arrives.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

14. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (05-31-2023)

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    ·
    25m
    David Bell on TJ Friedl (hamstring): "I think it's minor. He was very smart. Nobody wants to stay in the game more than TJ does. He tried... His goal is to be available off the bench tomorrow. He likely won't start."

Bell said Nick Senzel (knee) should start tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    ·
    25m
    David Bell on TJ Friedl (hamstring): "I think it's minor. He was very smart. Nobody wants to stay in the game more than TJ does. He tried... His goal is to be available off the bench tomorrow. He likely won't start."

Bell said Nick Senzel (knee) should start tomorrow.
    That's great news. Only a total of 2 missed games between them (1-1/2 yesterday and 1/2 today), is about five times better than my best hope.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-31-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    Is it time to start looking at maybe this medical staff with all these injuries?
    When you and yours are sick or get injured, do you blame your doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

These athletes are pushing their bodies to the breaking point on a nightly basis. Sometimes they go past that point, and no amount of conditioning or training or strength can prevent those injuries.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I get Sean Marshall vibes from Antone. Endless rehab and predictions of being activated in a few weeks but that day never arrives.
    Yep. I honestly forgot Antone existed until I saw this post.

I always said about Marshall: I’ll believe it when I see it. Same goes for Antone.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    When you and yours are sick or get injured, do you blame your doctor?
    If I'm a Cleveland Brown or Portland Trailblazer, yes.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-31-2023)

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

TJ Friedl (hamstring tightness), not in the lineup today, ran at 75% yesterday. He’s about to work out, and the goal is to get defensive work in pregame. That’ll be the big step.
    He probably won't be available today either, so that'll be a minimum of 4 games that he'll be out.

I know every team does this, but the Reds really love playing a man short.

Turn Off Ads?