Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Way to Watch the Reds in 2023 ... I Need Advice

Re: Best Way to Watch the Reds in 2023 ... I Need Advice

Quote Originally Posted by boxseat View Post
    Check the box score the day after the game.
    Old-school and I'm here for it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Best Way to Watch the Reds in 2023 ... Drunk?
    While I don't currently imbibe alcohol, I'm thinking about taking it up from April til October.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for everyone's advice. I've got some decisions to make. Staying perpetually drunk may be one of them.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Check into the RZ game thread every once in a while. It’s always entertaining.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

5. Likes:

Always Red (03-30-2023),cumberlandreds (03-22-2023),Red Raindog (03-22-2023),Revering4Blue (03-22-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Oh, I'll definitely do that. It's great. I love it. You'll no doubt hear about my favorite dude, ol' rubber arm ,womanizer, boozer, and HOF'er , Old Hoss Radbourne mentioned a few times. No more Moose, though.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

7. Likes:

Roy Tucker (03-23-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I am afraid you will be blacked out where you live if you get the MLBTV package. They did say if Bally Sports does go bankrupt they will lift the black out. So you may want to stayed tuned for that. Otherwise if you don't get the regional sports network then you would have find it through some illegal means.
    Just a note that on the MLBTV package you can watch the in market (Reds) game On Demand when the Live game is completed.

you can watch all games on demand
    Last edited by goreds2; 03-22-2023 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added comment
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    This and gameday on mlb.com has been my goto for a couple of years.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

10. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-23-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I am afraid you will be blacked out where you live if you get the MLBTV package. They did say if Bally Sports does go bankrupt they will lift the black out. So you may want to stayed tuned for that. Otherwise if you don't get the regional sports network then you would have find it through some illegal means.
    If you have a VPN, you can watch the Reds out of market. I pick New York and I can see the Reds play the Marlins here in Florida. If no vpn those games are blacked out

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    If you have a VPN, you can watch the Reds out of market. I pick New York and I can see the Reds play the Marlins here in Florida. If no vpn those games are blacked out
    I hope I am wrong but companies are catching onto this.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Best Way to Watch the Reds in 2023 ... Drunk?

Yep. I recommend a Jack Daniels IV drip.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

14. Likes:

goreds2 (03-25-2023),westofyou (03-28-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Just a note that on the MLBTV package you can watch the in market (Reds) game On Demand when the Live game is completed.
    Reminder for t-mobile customers:

T-Mobile customers score free MLB.TV for the entire 2023 season, a $150 value. Live stream your team at home or away.
    Remember—this offer is only available from Tuesday, March 28 through Monday, April 3. Switch to T-Mobile today to get started.
    https://www.t-mobile.com/benefits/mlb

You have to download the t-mobile Tuesday app and the MLB app to get this.

16. Likes:

Chip R (04-03-2023)

Things were actually better when we had monday night baseball and saturday game of the week. Now it's high tech land. Blackouts. Red sox v yankees. I only listen to games of my choice on mlb.com

How to Watch Reds Without Cable in 2023

Note: Heavy may earn an affiliate commission if you sign up via a link on this page

Most Reds games this season will be locally televised on Bally Sports Ohio, while others may be nationally televised on MLB Network (those ones will also be on Bally Sports Ohio), ESPN, ESPN2, Fox or FS1. A couple may be untelevised and stream on YouTube, Apple TV+, Peacock TV or ESPN+.

If you don’t have cable and you live in the Reds market, you can watch a live stream of every televised Reds game on FuboTV or DirecTV Stream, which both include Bally Sports Ohio and come with a free trial.

Here’s a full rundown of those options, as well as some ways for out-of-market viewers to watch Reds games live online without cable in 2023:

If You’re in the Reds Market
    FuboTV
    You can watch a live stream of Bally Sports Ohio, ESPN, ESPN2, Fox, FS1, MLB Network and 100-plus other live TV channels on FuboTV. You’ll need to include the “Sports Plus” add-on for MLB Network, but you can include any add-ons you want with your free seven-day trial:

FuboTV Free Trial

Once signed up for FuboTV, you can watch Reds games live on the FuboTV app or FuboTV website.

Compatible devices for the FuboTV app include Roku, Roku TV, Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, Xbox One or Series X/S, Samsung TV, LG TV, any device with Android TV (such as a Sony TV or Nvidia Shield), iPhone, Android phone, iPad or Android tablet.

DirecTV Stream
    DirecTV Stream has four different channel packages: “Entertainment,” “Choice,” “Ultimate” and “Premier.” ESPN, ESPN2, Fox and FS1 are included in every one, while Bally Sports Ohio and MLB Network are in “Choice” and up, but you can pick any package and any add-ons you want with your free five-day trial:

Read More Here:
    https://heavy.com/streaming/watch-re...ut-cable-2023/

19. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (04-02-2023),RichRed (03-30-2023)

I asked earlier about the MLB.app on a up-to-date Samsung TV with high speed wi-fi…

It just seems the mlb.app is slow to load and the picture is a bit “grainy” and not as smooth as the YouTubeTV that I’ve been used to?

Is that just me?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I asked earlier about the MLB.app on a up-to-date Samsung TV with high speed wi-fi…

It just seems the mlb.app is slow to load and the picture is a bit “grainy” and not as smooth as the YouTubeTV that I’ve been used to?

Is that just me?
    Check your wireless internet speed first.

Also of note... In regard to Samsung TVs, Fubo is unusable. The interface doesn't allow for even the most basic options with the Samsung remote.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

Is that just me?
    Generally, it's something affecting your internet speed that affects picture. I don't use the MLB app directly, but have it as a subscription under amazon prime. When multiple kids are downloading huge things on laptop while streaming netflix, while also having the phone in hand doing who knows what is the only time graininess or freezing ever comes in.

I will say that my Samsung is a few years old, and they drop support for allowing app updates in their ecosystem fairly quickly for "older" models, and unless they've improved, they dont keep up with making new apps available, and don't provide timely current updates (or any at all) to a lot of them.

I soon found it was easier to just spend $25 on a roku to make sure everything stayed current and to have access to every app without worrying whether Samsung would ever get around to adding it.

Turn Off Ads?