Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Will Wear City Connect Uniforms In 2023

Re: Reds Will Wear City Connect Uniforms In 2023

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    If you are going to reference WKRP, there better be a section of the uniform with a turkey falling from a helicopter.
    I could go for the classic WKRP font, maybe with a graphic of a Venus Flytrap plant eating a Cardinal.

Name:  CDA2591B-D939-4446-A81E-49B8DE961811.jpeg
Views: 260
Size:  172.0 KB
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

For Your Consideration:

The Newport Travelodge:

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

4. Likes:

757690 (03-28-2023),Chip R (03-28-2023),GAC (05-02-2023),Mitri (03-28-2023),moewan (03-29-2023),Wonderful Monds (03-28-2023)

The new Atlanta jersey is fantastic.

6. Likes:

Old school 1983 (03-28-2023),Ron Madden (03-28-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    The new Atlanta jersey is fantastic.
    LOOK: Braves unveil 2023 City Connect uniforms that honor Hank Aaron
    The new jerseys -- unveiled by the club on Monday morning -- will debut when the Braves host the Padres on April 8, the 49th anniversary of Hank Aaron hitting his historic, record-setting 715th home run.

Paying homage to the iconic legend, these jerseys resemble the design the Braves wore in 1974, the year Aaron broke Babe Ruth’s home run record

“The Atlanta Braves are proud to honor Hank Aaron with our City Connect uniforms,” Braves president and CEO Derek Schiller said.

Aaron’s motto and number -- “Keep Swinging #44” -- appears on the inside bill of the cap.

https://www.mlb.com/news/braves-unve...nnect-uniforms

8. Likes:

BoxingRed (03-28-2023),Chip R (03-29-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    LOOK: Braves unveil 2023 City Connect uniforms that honor Hank Aaron

https://www.mlb.com/news/braves-unve...nnect-uniforms
    Doesn't look like we're going to see much of these:

The inside collar has a “715” graphic in a font reminiscent of the scoreboard lights at Atlanta Stadium (later named Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium) after Aaron’s record-breaking 715th home run.
    The Art Deco-esque crown design on the sleeves is a nod to Aaron as the home run king. The new ribbing pattern on the peak of the crown mirrors the Presidential Medal of Freedom bestowed upon Aaron by President George W. Bush.
    Aaron’s motto and number -- “Keep Swinging #44” -- appear above the jock tag.
    Why go through all the trouble if fans won't see it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post

The Nike Atlanta Braves City Connect Collection goes on sale Saturday at the Braves Clubhouse Store at Truist Park, along with Nike.com, the Nike app, local Nike stores, MLB Flagship Store (NYC), mlbshop.com and select retail locations. A-List Members will have first access at 10 a.m. to the Braves Clubhouse Store before it opens to the public at 11 a.m. Fans can visit Braves.com/clubhousestore for additional information, including store hours.

A portion of proceeds from the Nike Atlanta Braves City Connect Collection purchased at the Braves Clubhouse Store at Truist Park will benefit the Henry Louis Aaron Fund. Established in 2021 under the banner of the Atlanta Braves Foundation, the Henry Louis Aaron Fund supports Aaron’s lifelong passion to increase minority participation in baseball on and off the field and invests in creating opportunities for diverse entrepreneurs and minority-owned small business

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post

Because fans will see it when they buy it, frame it and hang it on the wall. Which is the whole purpose of this initiative.
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

12. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-28-2023)

Aristocratic Hoosier

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Because fans will see it when they buy it, frame it and hang it on the wall. Which is the whole purpose of this initiative.
    The whole deal with alt uniforms, especially the jingoistic garbage they sold as "military appreciation" when we were thanking everyone for their service, was just a way of selling merchandise. Nothing was worse than that Star Wars bowdown they did on the Players Weekend. City Connect means something to the beanpickers who think we all know that floating soap was invented down by the river.
    I suspect that not a single serious Reds fan is lacking some kind of hat, shirt, jersey or backpack with the C on it.
    I'd probably buy those socks that were in the photo if I had great long legs. Otherwise, I'd look really stupid in my shorts and bony stubs. I have 16 baseball caps. Another one is not going to improve my post-life estate.

14. Likes:

Chip R (03-29-2023),RichRed (03-28-2023),Tadasimha (03-29-2023),westofyou (03-29-2023),Wonderful Monds (03-28-2023)

I forsee a lot of red - which if too much looks bad to me.

The Angels CC unis are the best so far IMHO.

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/...88857996328971
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

16. Likes:

Old school 1983 (03-28-2023),Ron Madden (03-28-2023)

Cincinnati has some of the ugliest people walking this Earth living in it. So, they could do something with that theme.

18. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (03-28-2023)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    I forsee a lot of red - which if too much looks bad to me.

The Angels CC unis are the best so far IMHO.

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/...88857996328971
    Red on red is always a god awful look, but yea based on those socks in that leaked post, there will probably be a Red C on a Red hat/jersey.

20. Likes:

Old school 1983 (03-28-2023)

Aristocratic Hoosier

I would wager that there's not a lot of throwback involved since the franchise milked that cow 3 years ago with one or two fairly decent retro looks, including the blue one which was awesome in a Hollywood sort of way. I just hope they don't end up looking like the Cleveland Tomatoes or the Pittsburgh Mustards. Based on that socks decor, I'd predict a lot of black. Black is a particularly interesting magnet for young people. Wow, 2019 was ... forever ago.

Aristocratic Hoosier

"A portion" never really is explained, is it? It's like the people who make pink things for "breast cancer awareness," as if being aware of it was all we needed to do. If Nike and the Braves want to throw some real money at this, then freakin' throw some real money at it. "A portion" is, what?
    The franchise is essentially telling us that the fans are doing the donating because it's the fans who buy the stuff. The franchise already has its stuff.

If recent history is any indicator, by 5-19, they may be better called “City Dis-connect”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Red on red is always a god awful look, but yea based on those socks in that leaked post, there will probably be a Red C on a Red hat/jersey.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

25. Likes:

malcontent (03-28-2023),Wonderful Monds (03-28-2023)

Turn Off Ads?