Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Will Wear City Connect Uniforms In 2023

Re: Reds Will Wear City Connect Uniforms In 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Yeah, I'm not optimistic. Most of these are dumpster fires. The White Sox, Marlins and Giants are the gold standard for those. I can't remember if the Dodgers were good or not.

I'm not a native but I love the chili here. That said, I pray they don't go with a chili motif for these uniforms. Not everyone knows about the chili thing and will be confused and perhaps disgusted. I don't know how they design these. My guess is that it's something like on The Office when corporate made commercials for all the branches and they were really generic and Michael ended up making one of his own that was arguably superior. MLB probably has their own designer and they get some basic input from each club about their city and they design the uniforms based off that and their views. But, if it's anything like the NFL Color Rush jerseys, they will be awful. As my wife asks me, "Don't they have anyone with any fashion sense working for them?"

Now my fashion sense is pretty bland but if I were giving input about how to make a City Connect uniform for the Reds, I would think about what the city is known for. The things I can think of are the Reds, of course; P&G; WKRP, the Ohio River; the Bengals and the Roebling Bridge. Using P&G would be basically a free ad for them and would look somewhat craven. WKRP would be interesting but I'm not sure if there would be some licensing issues there. I'm sure it could be done and it might be fun but it probably wouldn't happen. The river with paddlewheel boats could be interesting but it could also be pretty bland. The Bengals would be a bold choice but it would like they are gravy training on their recent success. Besides, not all Reds fans are Bengals fans. You're also promoting a different league which really needs no promotion. The bridge could be interesting. You could put it right across the front of the uniforms and go from there. Incorporate the river into it as well. It could also be pretty meh if someone doesn't take it seriously. That leaves us with the Reds themselves. You think of the Reds you think of the BRM or the Red Stockings. Maybe a jazzed up version of those uniforms. But, like most fans, I don't have high hopes for these.
    How about a Riverboat full of coney's piloted by Dr Johnny Fever crashing into a bridge?

Very 2023 if you ask me

2. Likes:

Chip R (03-27-2023),Old school 1983 (03-27-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Nah man give me chili uni’s. Rename us the Cincinnati Coney Dawgz for a game. I might actually buy some Reds merch again for once.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    These City Connect uniforms are beer league softball at its best. IMO a very cheap look for what is supposed to be the best baseball league in the world.
    Nike has been pretty abysmal when it comes to alternate uniforms. Most of the city connect ones have indeed sucked pretty bad. Their NBA alternates are really stupid and incoherent with totally arbitrary design schemes. Even worse when they have two teams wearing the same colors some nights. At least the Bengals lucked out with having the best alternate uniforms in all of the NFL.

The Padres, Red Sox, Rockies, and Giants ones were admittedly kind of cool, or at least have interesting concepts behind them. Honestly the Angels’ one should be their standard uniform too.

The D-Backs would be good if it didn’t say “serpientes” on it instead, I have an irrational hatred for having alternate text replacing team/city names on the front of uniforms. On that note, the Dodgers looks just about the same except for saying “Los Dodgers” which is really stupid. And the Cubs dumbass “Wrigleyville” unis basically just make them look exactly like the Mariners (cool hat for it though.)

6. Likes:

Chip R (03-27-2023),Revering4Blue (03-27-2023)

If you are going to reference WKRP, there better be a section of the uniform with a turkey falling from a helicopter.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

8. Likes:

757690 (03-27-2023),Always Red (03-27-2023),Chip R (03-27-2023),cumberlandreds (03-27-2023),NebraskaRed (03-27-2023),Old school 1983 (03-27-2023),Revering4Blue (03-27-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    If you are going to reference WKRP, there better be a section of the uniform with a turkey falling from a helicopter.
    Or Jennifer Marlowe featured prominently.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Nike has been pretty abysmal when it comes to alternate uniforms. Most of the city connect ones have indeed sucked pretty bad. Their NBA alternates are really stupid and incoherent with totally arbitrary design schemes. Even worse when they have two teams wearing the same colors some nights. At least the Bengals lucked out with having the best alternate uniforms in all of the NFL.

The Padres, Red Sox, Rockies, and Giants ones were admittedly kind of cool, or at least have interesting concepts behind them. Honestly the Angels’ one should be their standard uniform too.

The D-Backs would be good if it didn’t say “serpientes” on it instead, I have an irrational hatred for having alternate text replacing team/city names on the front of uniforms. On that note, the Dodgers looks just about the same except for saying “Los Dodgers” which is really stupid. And the Cubs dumbass “Wrigleyville” unis basically just make them look exactly like the Mariners (cool hat for it though.)
    I really like the White Sox concept also. If only they had "Chicago" or "White Sox" or "Sox". Something other than "Southside".
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

11. Likes:

Chip R (03-27-2023),Wonderful Monds (03-27-2023)

There are some ugly looking city connect uniforms.
    The Rockies city connect uniforms ain't real bad compared to some of the rest.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

They'll fail badly if they try to top this.
    Name:  milwaukee-brewers-grill-patch-city-connect-brew-crew-bbq-barbeque-sportslogosnet-856556.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  206.3 KB
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-27-2023),Wonderful Monds (03-27-2023)

Uniforms ‘celebrate the bond between each Club and its city;

According to Major League Baseball, the “Nike MLB City Connect program was created to celebrate the bond between each Club and its city. This uniform series explores the personality, values and customs that make each community and their residents unique. Nike and MLB Clubs partnered to design jerseys inspired by their cities to invigorate longtime baseball fans and invite more people into the game, expanding the future of the sport.”

The Reds will debut their uniforms May 19 during a game against the New York Yankees at Great American Ball park.

“The Reds applaud MLB and Nike for developing this innovative uniform program,” said Karen Forgus, Reds Senior Vice President of Business Operations, in a press release. “It is going to be an unforgettable night for our fans when Reds players take the field in our City Connect uniforms for the first time.”

While the design of the Reds’ uniform has not been revealed, the Atlanta Braves showed off their City Connect uniform on Monday. They will wear it for the first time on April 8. The uniform was inspired by the 1974 Braves uniform and pays tribute to Hank Aaron breaking Babe Ruth’s home run record that season

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...JUE6THUJOGYPU/
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 03-27-2023 at 02:45 PM.

Aristocratic Hoosier

The only three things Cincy is famous for aside from the Red Stockings

Flooding on the rivers/creeks
    Porkopolis
    Beer

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Or Jennifer Marlowe featured prominently.
    I always preferred Bailey Quarters over Jennifer Marlowe.

But then, I also preferred Mary Ann Summers over Ginger Grant, and Janet Wood over Chrissy Snow.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

18. Likes:

bm1475 (03-27-2023),cumberlandreds (03-27-2023),Ron Madden (03-27-2023),westofyou (03-27-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by j.u.FAIRFIIELD View Post
    The only three things Cincy is famous for aside from the Red Stockings

Flooding on the rivers/creeks
    Porkopolis
    Beer
    Tough Crowd

20. Likes:

malcontent (03-27-2023),Old school 1983 (03-27-2023),Ron Madden (03-27-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post

But then, I also preferred Mary Ann Summers over Ginger Grant, and Janet Wood over Chrissy Snow.
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3b545f8...e-698c3977d089
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Aristocratic Hoosier

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post

OK, which of the Petticoat Junction chicks tripped your wire?

So I’ll be the cranky old bastard and say this all looks pretty stupid. Like a 7th grade home ec sewing project gone rogue.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

24. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-27-2023),MikeS21 (03-28-2023),Old school 1983 (03-27-2023),stlwahoo (03-27-2023)

Turn Off Ads?