Thread: Non-sedation colonoscopy

They call me "chef"

Re: Non-sedation colonoscopy

This Man Intestines

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

There's My Incontinence
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Procedure went well. The sedation is wild. She said “enjoy your nap” plunged the drugs in and then I woke up immediately after the procedure was over.

Had a few polyps but doc said they looked fine and will be tested but it’s common to get a few.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-01-2023),Chip R (05-01-2023),cumberlandreds (05-01-2023),goreds2 (05-01-2023),Roy Tucker (05-01-2023),westofyou (05-01-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Procedure went well. The sedation is wild. She said “enjoy your nap” plunged the drugs in and then I woke up immediately after the procedure was over.

Had a few polyps but doc said they looked fine and will be tested but it’s common to get a few.
    Exactly my experience, exactly

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (05-01-2023)

They call me "chef"

I felt absolutely nothing after the procedure. No soreness on either end. Hope you’re done with it all too, at least for a few years.

9. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (05-01-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I felt absolutely nothing after the procedure. No soreness on either end. Hope you’re done with it all too, at least for a few years.
    She said I should have another in 3 years to make sure all clear. Yeah, I feel fine. I feel like I smoked weed 4 hours ago.

11. Likes:

goreds2 (05-01-2023)

I have pooped 8 times since last night and am still going lol. Just a few more hours, ready to get this in the rear view.
    Trying to figure out how to phrase this delicately. I had difficulty differentiating between poop events. They ran together figuratively and literally. I’ve heard it called a night of a 1000 waterfalls.

Glad it all went well. Well done.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

13. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (05-01-2023)

I heard somewhere that Tom Hanks, Steve Martin and Martin Short all schedule their colonoscopies for the same day, and the night before they get together to do their prep and play poker. They say it's the craziest poker game ever- each hand takes about a half hour to play because of all the bathroom breaks.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

15. Likes:

goreds2 (05-01-2023),RedTeamGo! (05-01-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Trying to figure out how to phrase this delicately. I had difficulty differentiating between poop events. They ran together figuratively and literally. I’ve heard it called a night of a 1000 waterfalls.

Glad it all went well. Well done.
    I never even thought to count how many times I went. I did weigh myself before and after. IIRC I lost at least five pounds.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I never even thought to count how many times I went. I did weigh myself before and after. IIRC I lost at least five pounds.
    Yep, I lost 8 in 3 days haha

I am hearing the pills are the way to go...insurance won't cover but some pharmacies offer coupons for 50 dollars off.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Got my results back.

The three polyps were benign!

So glad I had this done. The polyps were benign but are considered precancerous so could have eventually turned into malignant cancers.

If you are holding off doing this because of the prep or sedation, just get it done.

20. Likes:

goreds2 (05-04-2023),Roy Tucker (05-05-2023),Sea Ray (05-05-2023)

Got my results back.

So glad I had this done. The polyps were benign but are considered precancerous so could have eventually turned into malignant cancers.

If you are holding off doing this because of the prep or sedation, just get it done.
    I've had those same polyps. I can't help but wonder what shape I might be in now had I not had any colonoscopies.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Got my results back.

That's pretty much what they find on everybody. They found a couple like that on me but they must not be too concerned 'cause they said they didn't need to see me back for ten yrs. You're right, it is a real good way to avoid cancer and well worth it

They call me "chef"

My memory is hazy but I think I also had some stuff removed or at least biopsied while they were down there.

Turn Off Ads?