Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Non-sedation colonoscopy

Re: Non-sedation colonoscopy

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    I've had those same polyps. I can't help but wonder what shape I might be in now had I not had any colonoscopies.
    I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before, but my brother in law died from colon cancer. He had put off getting a colonoscopy and by the time he had one, they said you’ve got big problems. He died about 18 months later.

Glad to hear all you guys have had this done.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-06-2023),M2 (05-05-2023),RedTeamGo! (05-05-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before, but my brother in law died from colon cancer. He had put off getting a colonoscopy and by the time he had one, they said you’ve got big problems. He died about 18 months later.

Glad to hear all you guys have had this done.
    How old was he? I've still never had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    How old was he? I've still never had one.
    He was 52 when diagnosed and 53 when he died.

As documented here, it’s not the worlds most pleasant procedure to go through but it’s worth the time and effort 1000x.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-07-2023)

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

I'm 60 and I've had two colonoscopies, both with anesthesia. For me I'm just weird about things in that area...I'm sure it's not all that painful but I don't want to be awake. I've had fillings done with no anesthesia before and watched my own hernia repair (local anesthetic) so it's not the pain. One of my favorite medical advancements is the prostate screening by blood test...Woohoo! No more rubber glove.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

8. Likes:

goreds2 (05-08-2023)

Turn Off Ads?