Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Transactions 2023 Season

Re: Reds Transactions 2023 Season

Cincinnati Reds
    @Reds

The #Reds today reinstated RHP Lucas Sims from the 15-day injured list and optioned RHP Kevin Herget to Triple-A Louisville.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Herget pitched ok. Still, I’m glad they kept the younger Legumina
    Last edited by mth123; 04-18-2023 at 05:29 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I liked they kept Legumes too and MadMadden was right it’s probably because he pitched 2 innings last night. Would prefer Cruz going down based on age and he has the options left.

Cincinnati Reds
    @Reds

The #Reds today activated RHP Levi Stoudt from the taxi squad and optioned RHP Casey Legumina to Triple-A Louisville.

So I guess all the kudos for Reds promoting Legumina were (as Casey’s stint) short lived.

Reds said that they wanted the luxury of giving prospects adequate developmental time. No rushing this time around. So be it.

This is one reason why I feel the rebuild will take a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    So I guess all the kudos for Reds promoting Legumina were (as Casey’s stint) short lived.

Reds said that they wanted the luxury of giving prospects adequate developmental time. No rushing this time around. So be it.

This is one reason why I feel the rebuild will take a number of years.
    Legumina was sent down because he pitched 2 innings last night. I’m rather certain this was the plan from the day he was called up. He’ll be back up at some point this year. I imagine sooner rather than later.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

8. Likes:

JCM11 (04-19-2023),Ron Madden (04-19-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Legumina was sent down because he pitched 2 innings last night. I’m rather certain this was the plan from the day he was called up. He’ll be back up at some point this year. I imagine sooner rather than later.
    That’s still different from a “true” call up, for the (relative) long term. Like a Spencer Steer, for example. Legumina was called up as part of a AAA shuttle. Very different. Spot duty and then a return to AAA.

Sure he’ll be back but this is very different than how some posters envision things. You can’t take a AA or AAA name and just list in on a roster. These things often take time, if you do it correctly (as some view it).

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    That’s still different from a “true” call up, for the (relative) long term. Like a Spencer Steer, for example. Legumina was called up as part of a AAA shuttle. Very different. Spot duty and then a return to AAA.

Sure he’ll be back but this is very different than how some posters envision things. You can’t take a AA or AAA name and just list in on a roster. These things often take time, if you do it correctly (as some view it).
    I’m just not seeing how Lugumna being sent down today tells us anything about the Reds future.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

11. Likes:

Ron Madden (04-19-2023)

The 40 man roster is more "active" than folks tend to think of it. AAA franchises are close to the major league teams for a reason. Except in the cases of the most prized prospects, promotions and demotions are not watershed moments.

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (04-19-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I’m just not seeing how Lugumna being sent down today tells us anything about the Reds future.
    Simply that it takes time to establish big leaguers from prospects.

Much excitement when Stoudt and Legumina were announced joining the Reds. Alas, in each case it’s likely just for a matter of days.

Put it together with prospect injuries, break-in MLB time, guys with performance glitches, and a prospect-based rebuild takes quite a bit of time.

I would have sent Cruz down and kept
    Legumina.. he looked good..

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    I would have sent Cruz down and kept
    Legumina.. he looked good..
    But then Legumina wouldn't be able to pitch today if needed after going 2 innings last night. I believe that's the only reason he was sent down.

17. Likes:

757690 (04-19-2023),cumberlandreds (04-19-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    But then Legumina wouldn't be able to pitch today if needed after going 2 innings last night. I believe that's the only reason he was sent down.
    I don’t believe that. Would Reds have sent Diaz or Gibaut or San Martin or Young or Farmer or Sims to AAA because they pitched two innings? Even if they all had minor league options? Of course not. They are full scale members of the bullpen.

Absent an injury, Legumina is now down at AAA for a minimum of ten days. Why lose ten days because of a two-inning performance?

Because that’s his current status. Hopefully in time he’ll be a full member of the pen, but again, it takes time.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

If they bring Legume Eater back up this week, I'll understand. If not, this is a step or two below crazy.

Lugubrious is 25. Not some 19-20 year old kid. They have a bullpen full of chaff they can jettison to keep him up here.

If Stoudt presents well, he should get a crack at Cessa's spot in the rotation.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

20. Likes:

Redsfan6272 (04-19-2023),Ron Madden (04-19-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    If they bring Legume Eater back up this week, I'll understand. If not, this is a step or two below crazy.

Lugubrious is 25. Not some 19-20 year old kid. They have a bullpen full of chaff they can jettison to keep him up here.

If Stoudt presents well, he should get a crack at Cessa's spot in the rotation.
    Response would be that Reds are still working on things with these pitchers. Reds don’t feel they have completed their training, regardless of age.

They are close. They are ready enough to come up for spot duty (which can be part of that training).

As fans of a losing team we all want to see the new blood. Reds have told us that some guys will need - and receive - more time when necessary.

Turn Off Ads?