Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Transactions 2023 Season

Re: Reds Transactions 2023 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Oh, they can make room. I’m just not sure they want to add McLain to the forty until he’s ready to come up for good. They might prefer to wait until mid-season and keep things status quo for him until then.

Depends on the length of the Myers absence and their views on how much time McLain needs.
    Ok, but what would you do?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    My vote. Steer to 1B, India to 3B and McLain called up to play 2B. Improves the defense at 3 spots.

Second choice, TJ Hopkins up to play RF.

Third choice, CES, but I think he needs a little more time in AAA.

I actually like Matt Reynolds, but this team doesn't need another 30-something dead-end.
    OK. CES with 2 more bombs today. Maybe he doesn't need more time.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-28-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Oh, they can make room. I’m just not sure they want to add McLain to the forty until he’s ready to come up for good. They might prefer to wait until mid-season and keep things status quo for him until then.

Depends on the length of the Myers absence and their views on how much time McLain needs.
    A quick cup of coffee might be helpful to McLain’s development. It allows him to experience being a major leaguer without much pressure.

One of the biggest issues for a prospect is the difference between the major league life and the minor league life. It can be a difficult adjustment for some.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Aristocratic Hoosier

Well, if they planned to add McLain, he would be on a plane to Oakland, not standing in the batter's box in Des Moines as I type this.
    Quantum computing promises to be a revolutionary tool, making short work of equations that classical computers would struggle to ever complete. Yet the workhorse of the quantum device, known as a qubit, is a delicate object prone to collapsing.

OK. CES with 2 more bombs today. Maybe he doesn't need more time.
    Maybe they think AAA pitching is a tougher challenge than Oakland

8. Likes:

JCM11 (04-27-2023),texasdave (04-28-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by j.u.FAIRFIIELD View Post
    Well, if they planned to add McLain, he would be on a plane to Oakland, not standing in the batter's box in Des Moines as I type this.
    Logistically, there’s plenty of time after the Bat’s game today, to fly whoever gets the call into Oakland for tomorrow’s game.

I am guessing that explains the delay in reporting who it is, they are waiting for the Bat’s game to be over before announcing who is getting the call.

Isn't possible they could do nothing since Ashcraft will only be gone a few days?

Quote Originally Posted by Powel Crosley View Post
    Isn't possible they could do nothing since Ashcraft will only be gone a few days?
    No need to run with a short roster.

When he comes back, a pitcher needs to be sent down. That will still leave the Reds a position player short.

Myers on the IL is why we're speculating on a move. I hope they don't just do nothing. It is those wacky Reds though!
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    It is a long Reds tradition however.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

15. Likes:

bm1475 (04-27-2023),Kinsm (04-28-2023),malcontent (04-28-2023)

My vote. Steer to 1B, India to 3B and McLain called up to play 2B. Improves the defense at 3 spots.

Second choice, TJ Hopkins up to play RF.

Third choice, CES, but I think he needs a little more time in AAA.

I actually like Matt Reynolds, but this team doesn't need another 30-something dead-end.
    McClain to SS, CES to 3B, Barrero takes a trip to either Louisville or Chattanooga or Dayton or wherever.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Logistically, there’s plenty of time after the Bat’s game today, to fly whoever gets the call into Oakland for tomorrow’s game.

I am guessing that explains the delay in reporting who it is, they are waiting for the Bat’s game to be over before announcing who is getting the call.
    The REDS are always determined to do any callups by the shortest route possible...Louisville to Cincinnati. No more call-ups until they get home again. It's just how they dole out plane tickets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    Seriously...they don't want to pay for that plane ticket.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

18. Likes:

malcontent (04-28-2023)

If they decide to play 1 post player shirt please let it bite them in the A quickly. Bell will have to avoid making double switches to avoid this or making any changes. Will he be able to do this since he revels in it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    It’ll be Matt “Gritty Career Infielder” Reynolds.
    Bingo

Reds called up infielder Matt Reynolds. He was hitting .263 at Triple-A with seven doubles, three homers and nine RBI in 57 at-bats.

Tony Santillan was transferred to the 60-day IL.

21. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-28-2023),Ron Madden (04-28-2023)

Turn Off Ads?