Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
Results 406 to 412 of 412

Thread: Hunter Greene Part 2

  1. #406
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,513

    Re: Hunter Greene Part 2

    lol Hunter’s about to catch a half season suspension for doing poppers out there lmfao


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #407
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    30,232

    Re: Hunter Greene Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    lol Hunter’s about to catch a half season suspension for doing poppers out there lmfao
    Nothing like snorting a combination of diluted ammonia, water, and ethanol to get you motivated for a day's work. But they discontinued NoDoz Maximum Strength, so what's he suppose to do?

    I'd think signing a 6 yr/$53M contract, and only having to "work" every 5th day would be motivation enough.
    Last edited by GAC; 05-12-2024 at 08:15 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  4. Likes:

    goreds2 (05-12-2024)

  5. #408
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    57,381

    Re: Hunter Greene Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    lol Hunterís about to catch a half season suspension for doing poppers out there lmfao
    Rich Aurilia used to do them in the on-deck circle, leaving the casings strewn about the field as he stepped up to face the pitcher

  6. Likes:

    Kingspoint (05-15-2024),Wonderful Monds (05-12-2024)

  7. #409
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,813

    Re: Hunter Greene Part 2

    Just stopped in to give Greene his flowers for a quality start and going 7 after Ashcraft and Montas both went <5 innings in the games leading up.

    He is now 17th in the majors in innings pitched and has lowered his ERA to 3.27
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

  8. Likes:

    CaiGuy (05-15-2024),cumberlandreds (05-15-2024),mth123 (05-15-2024),Ron Madden (05-15-2024),UKFlounder (05-15-2024)

  9. #410
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,003

    Re: Hunter Greene Part 2

    Greene ranks 10th in MLB in fWAR.
    Lodolo, despite a paucity of innings, is tied for 29th. (With, ironically, Sonny Gray.)
    Abbott is tied for 82, as is Frankie Montas.
    Ashcraft is tied for 92nd.

    Having five starters in the top 100 in fWAR indicates the starting rotation isn't a problem. They ranks, fwiw, 6th in MLB in starter WAR. 6th in overall pitching WAR too.

    Everything else, however, is pretty much a dumpster fire.

  10. Likes:

    CaiGuy (05-15-2024),Kingspoint (05-15-2024),MoneyInTheBank (05-15-2024)

  11. #411
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,141

    Re: Hunter Greene Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Just stopped in to give Greene his flowers for a quality start and going 7 after Ashcraft and Montas both went <5 innings in the games leading up.

    He is now 17th in the majors in innings pitched and has lowered his ERA to 3.27
    yes, i am happy to admit i was wrong about him (saying he was destined for the pen). impressed with what he is doing. hats off!

  12. #412
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    13,098

    Re: Hunter Greene Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Greene ranks 10th in MLB in fWAR.
    Lodolo, despite a paucity of innings, is tied for 29th. (With, ironically, Sonny Gray.)
    Abbott is tied for 82, as is Frankie Montas.
    Ashcraft is tied for 92nd.

    Having five starters in the top 100 in fWAR indicates the starting rotation isn't a problem. They ranks, fwiw, 6th in MLB in starter WAR. 6th in overall pitching WAR too.

    Everything else, however, is pretty much a dumpster fire.
    Yes.

    I've felt that up-to-date, they've stepped up when they were needed the most after the plethora of injuries to our non-pitchers. They have more than done their job.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator