Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Andrew Abbott

Re: Andrew Abbott

Any home run issue seems to be isolated to just these 20 innings in AAA. Hopefully it's just statistical noise (fingers crossed).
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

2. Likes:

mth123 (05-18-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by j.u.FAIRFIIELD View Post
    If he's giving up home runs, it's because of how he pitches. If he pitches differently to not give up home runs, maybe his overall game changes or he messes up his mechanics. TBH, the home run is part of baseball. The trick is to not walk 2 guys ahead of one, and to not walk guys with the bases loaded in Denver. All pitchers give up home runs. What you want is 6 quality innings. Maybe your own team can hit a home run or two.
    https://www.redszone.com/forums/newr...eply&p=4546758

The HR could easily be a fluke. He may not change anything and they will normalize. That's why we need to wait and see what happens. I don't think he should change anything that has been successful based on 5 HR in 20 IP. Keep doing what he's doing. If the high HR rate continues, then it may be time to make an adjustment. Too soon to tell anything at this point.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Abbott took the next step in his development in AAA today going 6 1/3 innings allowing 2 hits and 1 ER with 3 BB and 9 SO. Pitching deeper into games is the last step for his AAA development IMO. One or two more starts like this and I think it's time for the call up.

6. Likes:

corkedbat (05-25-2023),Kc61 (05-24-2023),Kingspoint (06-02-2023),mth123 (05-24-2023),ochoa30 (05-24-2023),Old school 1983 (05-24-2023),Tuff Nut (05-24-2023)

If Abbott keeps this up, is he a September call-up?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    If Abbott keeps this up, is he a September call-up?
    I think he's the first guy up if there's a SP injury at least until Lodolo gets back. I thought he would replace Williamson relatively soon, but Williamson just pitched a heck of a game tonight vs the Brewers. Maybe if they trade Lively or Weaver we could see Abbott in early August. I think Abbott has a chance to be #3 out of our current group behind Greene and Lodolo.

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-03-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    I think he's the first guy up if there's a SP injury at least until Lodolo gets back. I thought he would replace Williamson relatively soon, but Williamson just pitched a heck of a game tonight vs the Brewers. Maybe if they trade Lively or Weaver we could see Abbott in early August. I think Abbott has a chance to be #3 out of our current group behind Greene and Lodolo.
    I have no problem moving somebody into a multi-inning role out of the bullpen. Lively, Weaver, Williamson.

There are 1,400 innings to cover and relief innings are available every game.

Would like to see Abbott relatively soon.

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-03-2023),mth123 (06-02-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I have no problem moving somebody into a multi-inning role out of the bullpen. Lively, Weaver, Williamson.

There are 1,400 innings to cover and relief innings are available every game.

Would like to see Abbott relatively soon.
    And see him you shall, tomorrow against Milwaukee.

13. Likes:

RedEye (06-04-2023)

Turn Off Ads?