Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Minor League Game Thread for Saturday, April 08, 2023

Re: Minor League Game Thread for Saturday, April 08, 2023

To be fair, the Bats' two best hitters and top prospects-- EDLC and CES-- are out right now. Maybe that makes them relevant, I'm not sure.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Aristocratic Hoosier

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    To be fair, the Bats' two best hitters and top prospects-- EDLC and CES-- are out right now. Maybe that makes them relevant, I'm not sure.
    I think it would generate another run once those guys get up to speed. Votto and Senzel are not generating that run very often. Lopez has, though. Matt Reynolds looks like he wants to be traded to the Y'Alls.
    I am curious as to the expectations Pat Kelly is supposed to address. Having Senzel play 4 positions in 4 days might be a nice "tuneup" for him, but no professional player would ever be asked to do that. McLain has played SS one day, 2B the next ... and I assume Votto plays when he thinks he needs the at-bats now.

Louisville used to be one of the minor league gems. The Reds have run that organization into the ground and half of the way to China. It's criminal what they did to that franchise.

Aristocratic Hoosier

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Louisville used to be one of the minor league gems. The Reds have run that organization into the ground and half of the way to China. It's criminal what they did to that franchise.
    MLB has done nobody any favors with the way it reorganized the minor leagues, but there is a big chasm in Cincy, with the shift toward development from within and the inability to obtain and retain top talent. The Reds had a fairly long period of ineptitude in drafting and now that they've caught up there, it's still another two or three long steps before those kids make the majors. By then, the current talent will be on the way out the door.
    The Reds FO does not appear to have been up to speed over the last 6-to-8 years, and the whole thing has manifested itself in a very shoddy transition through Louisville. The pitchers they stash there are virtually a dictionary definition of roster fodder. Randy Wynne needs to be pitching in indy ball. I can't complain about their catchers. Somebody has to catch.

Turn Off Ads?